Anxiety Community
Zyprexa Withdrawal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Zyprexa Withdrawal

I lost my insurance and cannot afford the Zyprexa I have been on for nearly 10 years due to having panic attacks and anxiety.  It has been 4 weeks since I took my last pill and have not slept very much at all and feel alot of anxiety and feel like I have bugs under my skin and have no appetite.  I find it very diffifuclt to make it through the day at work and my mind is mush.   I was told to take 5-htp and would make a big difference.  I don't know if it is related to withdrawals or the 5-htp but I really couldn't sleep when I took that, which makes no sense since people take it to help insomnia.  How long do withdrawals last getting off this drug and what can I do in the meantime?  Please help!
Have you talked to the makers of Zyprexa?  Sometimes the big pharmas will give the medications at a discounted rate.  You would need a prescription though.  It is such a shame that people cannot get the medications they need because they have lost their health insurance.  

Keeping you in my thoughts.  
I never want to take Zyprexa again.  I wish to God my doctor would have never put me on it.  I just need to get through the withdrawals and don't want to get addicted to other drugs trying to get off this one.  It is a struggle and I have read that many people go through withdrawals as long as 4-5 months.  Thanks for caring :)
I understand what you are saying.  The unfortunate thing is that you had to go off of Zyprexa without the ability to taper it down slowly.  Now you are left with your anxiety  and withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms and apparently no coping strategies.  Since you no longer have insurance, I would look into a free group meeting to discuss your symptoms.  Do a Google search in your area for whatever you were taking the Zyprexa for.  
This thread to harm zyprexa users. This discussion is not useful.

1) zyprexa withdrawal probably kills in 2 months

2) serotonin and 5-HTP should be avoided

3) high-dose antihistamines (especially atarax) should be used instead (you want 5-HT2A blocker)

4) omega3, curcumin, BCAA (reduces serotonin) can offer minor benefits, mild exercise too

5) the major problem is serotonin 5-HT2A receptor (I think), inflammation (body repair) and blood circulation (cardiovascular health) as well as brain overactivity, many others too

2.5mg zyprexa might be good idea instead of withdrawal.

monitor your health very carefully.

SLOW withdrawal after 2.5mg (6 months?), take zyprexa twice daily

PRAY, if you can find doctor who helps instead of "help" your chances are much better.

4) omega3, curcumin, BCAA can offer minor benefits, mild exercise too

5) the major problem is serotonin 5-HT2A receptor (I think) and blood circulation (cardiovascular health)

monitor your health very carefully.

mishymoshymarcy STOP BEING STUPID MARCY!!!!... Comment
51 mins ago
ashler1977 commented on Long standing dry mou...
1 hr ago
remar commented on  Things Killing Your ...