always feel lightheaded and dizzy
Hi I'm 25 female and I have been told by my doctor that i have a panic disorder. I am always lightheaded and feeling dizzy. I feel like I could pass out at any second. This is ruining my life. Im scared to do anything alone. I cant go to a grocery store, mall, nothing. I am too scared that I'm going to pass out and I have tried to overcome it but I cant. As soon as I get into a place I get so dizzy and my vision is all messed up. I get so hot and sweaty and my heart races. I want my life back. I still dont believe that its just anxiety causing all of this. I feel like I have something else wrong that the doctors cant find even though i have had bloodwork, mri, ekg, and they were all normal. I started taking .25mg of xanax once a day. still dont feel any better yet. So if anybody has any help please give it to me. I feel like i have hit rock bottom
Hi im ryan i have been feeling like this now for the past week it all happend when i got in my girlfriends step dads car and i started to get sweaty and my heart started to race and i didnt know what was happening i was petrified that something bad was happening to me i am afraid to go out now and everytime i face general public i feel more anxious and more panic so i really dont know what to do i cried about ten mins ago but i felt a little bit better i have a pain in my lower rib cage and i dont know what it is help me
My names Rebecca grout I'm only 17 and I have my whole life ahead of me I got into college have an amazing boyfriend and adorable puppy and great friends. I'm having the hardest time dealing with this.. Everything I just read I'm dealing with constantly being light headed waking up in the middle of the night every night and having an attack. I'm constantly scared and not myself.. No one at all understands me.. And it's terrifying
we do understand here.....a lot of us have been through the same type of thing.  Initially you think you will not get over this but you will.  If you can, confront it head on.  Convince yourself that you will not let these feelings take over your life.  If you are getting dizzy and light headed when you walk then make yourself focus on a spot 10 feet ahead of you and walk to that point.... then another 10 feet etc.  If you are getting anxious in public places then go but stay only for very short periods.  If you have a physician tell him about your symptoms.  There are medications that can help you if he feels they are appropriate.  You can get through this period.......it may not be easy but you are strong enough to do it.
I totally understand everything you have said. It is the most horrible and scary thing I have ever been through. I have been on Sertraline now for a few months this being my second time. They did work first time but some how this time I still don't feel great. I'm ok but just not great. At the moment I am feeling dizzy and a bit nauseous but not 100% sure it is my tablets. Like you say you end up convincing yourself something else is wrong. I went to A&E the weekend and had ECG, blood tests and everything normal. I really do feel quite calm and am enjoying looking forward to Christmas and really do not feel stressed about anything, that is why I cant understand I have these feelings in my chest and I feel like it is such an effort to even breath.
I to had my first attack after my dad passed away and was totally shocked that my body could actually do this.
Hope your feeling well now anyway.
Regards
Rachael
I have been dizzy and heavy headed for 13 days straight 24/7.  I have not been able to work.  Have been to 3 doctors, the ER and the ENT.  Had CT scan on my head, sinus x-ray, EKG and all kinds of blood test.  All is normal.  I am so sick.  I really need to go back to work but don't know when and if I will be able.  I feel so helpless.  
I understand. I've been dealing with anxiety challenges since I was 17 now 30. The best advice I could give is accept what you feel and make the choice to live an anxiety free life. Ok sounds easier said than done now, but over time it will happen if you believe it to be. Your brain is giving you false warning signals to you that at one point you started to pay attention too. Stop paying attention to it. If you feel dizzy let yourself feel dizzy, if you get nauseous get nauseous, if you have a headache have a headache. It's all about acceptance and when you do these symptoms will disappear. Also try to have a routine in your life. A sense of doing something instead of being in your own head. Wake up everyday and put a smile on your face even though you might not feel it. There is a famous phrase "fake it till you make it". You are 100% in control of every feeling you have. A lot of times we let our feelings dictate our reactions to events, situations, etc. next time your anxious, angry, sad. Act fearless and happy instead. Challenge your brain and your thinking. Don't get me wrong no matter what you do you will have anxiety in your life. Even people that claim to not have anxiety have experienced anxious thoughts. Just educate yourself and when situations arise be brave enough to push through. Please if anyone needs advice or has questions please message me. You are never alone. 45 million people in the US alone have problems with anxiety.
i was crying reading this because you are saying everything i said and feel...i thought it was in my head and i would give anything to feel normal again.  even for a few seconds
Anxiety is difficult to understand unless you have experienced it.  It gradually begins to take over your life unless you take steps to address it directly.  Take small steps and confront your fears.  The old saying that "whatever does not kill me will make me stronger" is true for this condition.  When you begin to realize that you are stronger than your apprehension you will begin to gradually defeat it.  Pray for the strength to begin your emotional comeback and the Lord will help you find it.  God Bless all of you and best of health.
i am exactly the same  osslot  every  symptom  brings total  fear been like  this for 20 years  all my best to you geezer
Hi.  Panic attack symptoms can make you feel "frozen".  Sometimes all the physical symptoms or a few of the physical symptoms may occur.  Vision blurred, heart palpitations, tingling, numbness, lips can be numb, feeling of not being able to swallow, or eat.  Dizziness or feeling of lightheadeness.  Feeling of fear because of all of these symptoms or more.  The nausea can happen.
You should be examined by a physician.  They always want to rule out other illness or causes before diagnosing you with panic attacks.  You should have your heart checked.  Even a brain scan.  You should have your blood sugar tested because if you have hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia or diabetes...these panic symptoms occur with these causes also.  A complete and accurate physical should be performed.
My dizziness/balance started about 10 years ago and slowly progressed. The main problems were balance issues, ringing in ears and brain fog. Now I have confusion, irritable, no motivation, sleep a lot, nausea, brain scramble
anxiety / panic attach / vertigo, depression, decision making difficult,
Something scary is going on in my head. I am afraid of losing control of my mind and becoming a vegetable.
The only time I am ok is at night when I’m sleeping
I am upset with myself because I sit around all day, I don't enjoy
doing anything including the things I use to enjoy, scared, difficult to spell, getting difficult to focus when reading
I use to get relief when I would sleep in the recliner.
Now when I wake up in the recliner I feel nauseated so I am not getting much relief sleeping
I avoid conflict, I feel like I'm going to lose control of my mind/ go crazy, brain scramble
I have to push myself to do anything, when I start to wake (Hynagogia) I get a strong feeling
in my chest of anxiety/discomfort/scrambled, I feel overwhelmed
My mental state is so delicate I am afraid to take any medication. It may make things worse.
All my conditions worsen together I.e. ringing in ears gets louder, more nauseated and dizziness
I get the shakes at times.
I have been through every test imaginable and the test are negative. The doctors found nothing.
Has anyone found a fix or treatment?

i am having anxiety about 6months already. i feel like not with ny self, this is really threatens me , i feel dizzy, headache , muscle pain ,neck pain and sometimes I cant text faster.. and I am so worried about this. I had my checked up and the doctors told me. i am havin anxiety .  anyone could help me out with this?. am only 21.   I feel like i am passing out.. im afraid.
I've been experiencing a light headed, dizzy, blurr vision and heavy feeling in my head, occasionally headaches. I've not been to the doctor as of yet, I did the MDLive and the doctor ask me if i had the vertigo feeling and of course i said yes. Doctor prescribed a steroid, melcizine and over the counter sudafed. The feeling was a come and go thing, now it's sticking around all day. My eyes are tired , i'm just so tired of the dizziness and heaviness. I can't focus at work. My co-worker stated it may be a tumor, should i go to a real doctor or wait ti out. I see others have the same symptons. HELP!
Hey tommy, hope you're feeling better since this is an old post but yes I've had those same symptoms you have.
You need to go to a great chiropractor.  Sounds like your neck is out creating all of that. C1 and c2 cause the dizziness and also the left arm issue from a mask nerve from same area.
Anxiety is a drag...it runs in my whole family tree. My children have it too. A couple of things that are going to push you over into panic is sugar....sugar.....sugar....sugar....if you cut out fast burning foods...like pasta....or candy, sugar drinks....that will help a lot! Also, cut caffeine if you can. Remember if you can keep your living daily functioning levels under the threshold of attack, you can manage. I found that in our family tree anxiety and autoimmune issues go hand in hand.  My 11 yr old takes 25 mg daily of Zoloft.   She never can sleep so it helps her have a good sleep pattern which eliminates the anxiety. She has had this since a small baby. I take Paxil...have for 20 yrs. my family members who maintain a regimen like this almost eliminate anxiety. The rest either drink alcohol...bad...makes worse from sugar and inflammation, or just fail, because stuck in house.   Try to live like a diabetic....it may help you....slow burn foods....protein salads etc...keep anxiety away.
This worked for my 11 yr old...she started low dose Zoloft at 8. Went off came back ..back on.....along with less sugars
I have the same symptoms as you,i went through all this 2011..- can't believe am goin through it after 3yrs,now am back to this site..-i hope it passes,we gonna be fine..i just try to tell myself..if I overcame it 2011,am gonna overcome it now...best wishes,stay Christ fit
Hey, I'm Seth. I have been having a similar problem to yours. I get sort of lightheaded/dizzy sometimes, and the dizzy isn't the room moving around thing, I mean like 'drowsy' or 'foggy'. This happens at random times of the day but mostly happens when I think of it. It appears that if I'm normal, and then think about it, and worry, it happens. I do not know why thinking of it would trigger it, but yeah. Hope someone can help! :D
interesting but did the experts advise you HOW to stop being dizzy?
interesting, but did the experts tell you HOW to stop feeling dizzy??
I know how you feel :( I have suffered constant light headedness and dizziness ...for seven years :(  I have tried everything, had every test and still can not get to the cause. I have changed my lifestyle, my diet everything and still the dizziness and weakness persists...its ruined my social life :(
Hi there

Just wanted to say...It was the Lindon Method that helped me to control my anxiety also. It was the only thing that kick started any kind of relief. I just wish now that I could get rid of the light headedness as it makes me feel awful when I am with company and can not focus on what they are saying...I have suffered with it for 8 years nearly and it has ruined my social life..I lost my confidence as I always felt poorly or just not myself...I am still struggling with it now. So you are not alone :)
Hey Valerie

I gave up alcohol and caffiene and it has helped alot with symptoms..but I just can't shift this dizziness. I finally am able to go shopping, still feel a niggling sensation but not half as bad as it was...but can't find a cure for this light headedness :( I would love for someone to find something to take it away before it completely ruins what life I have left. I just want to go back to work and have my social life back...x
Hiya Crysda

Maybe you could try The Lindon Method, it is the only thing that kickstarted any kind of recovery for me xx
Thanks for giving me hope, I'm 15 years old and I suffer this everyday, its not nice at all, I didn't sleep well last night and I've woke up at six this morning, I thought it might have been depression but obviously not. I had my first panic attack when I was about 11/12 years old, and I smoked weed with my friends once and I took one again, and then I smoked more weed a few months after and I took another one so I stopped with the weed completely. I moved country from Scotland to Ireland and I left behind my friends and family, so maybe that has something to do with it?                           as we speak I feel sick and not normal at all, I've felt like this for about 3 to 4 weeks now and its horrible.. I was taking a sort of panic attack while reading this and its calmed me down, thanks again!
Your problem could be caused by borreliosis ( Lyme ) or Chlamydia, yeast ( Candida ) - let you do both ELISA and WB ( Western Blot ) blood tests + MRI to exclude multiple sclerosis , if everything negative , it is only appropriate and Anxiety depersonalization . Lyme or Chlamydia can cause anxiety and other nice symptoms. I have all test negative, and my symptoms -> feel like drunk or another word (24*7), tinnitus, muscle fasticulation, strange vision and strange feeling in head and very weir vision like 2D, or unreal
Ive had the same thing happen to me your not alone man
Get your Vitamins A and D. Lots of C too. All the Toxic Chemicals are stripping our minerals and Vitamins. Especially Glyphosate in Round up. It is a Binder and it Binds to our Vital Nutrients and literally strips them out of our bodies. We never heard of this many people having the same dam symptoms before POISON became the everywhere norm. Like it is now.  
Hi guys,

So ive been under extreme stress of late and I cant really determine whether im experiencing anxiety or a burnout but I CAN say I know how you all feel. Last year I just finished my honours degree finals and was knocked down by terrible viral infection. I returned to work just a little too early which I fear actually made it worse. On 1 January this year I was back at the doctor with a completely blocked ear which needed syringing. It was incredibly painful!!! Just a few weeks after that and whilst writing my next batch of exams I got a cold. Just an ordinary cold or so I thought. I never recovered fully. Felt exhausted, run down and then the dizziness started. It interfered with my driving even. Then I suddenly got this photophobia, pain at the top of my neck, nausea, tension in my head and weakness. It hit me at work and I literally had to concentrate not to pass out. For several days I felt terrible! I went back to the doc who suspected possible meningitis. I was treated symptomatically at the time. Then on the weekend I experienced one of those days again where it felt like someone whacked me over the head. I was bedridden for about 6 hours. I suspected migraines so I bought a migraine pack. Gees it made me feel so drugged up and I couldn't fall asleep so I was completely high and floating around for hours! Then it was gone.

The reason I've ruled out serious illness is because of the trend I've noticed lately. 1. when I google symptoms I suddenly experience them 100x worse! 2. if im distracted I don't feel sick 3. ive had tests on my iron and thyroid which came up fine. My blood pressure and sugar are stable and im not showing signs of bacteria or infection either. I even went for an eye test and the doc said my eyes are just strained from extensive computer use at work. And she said she cant see pressure built behind my eye that would indicate a tumour.

Mental sicknesses are much worse than physical sicknesses because if you are physically sick and keep a strong mental attitude you can recover much quicker whereas a mental sickness requires a new outlook altogether.

Im back to writing exams again soon and im just taking life one step at a time. I acknowledge that these symptoms are probably controllable by my mind. I try to keep a positive outlook but its so easy to fall into the negative trap! Just keep telling yourself im healthy, eventually you'll believe it! It takes 21 days to break a habit so im really trying to get into a good mindset that I can use to get over this hurdle.
i am 22 and have experienced a very scary attack i dont know if its panic attack because i was just in bed 5am in the morning about to sleep then after i turned off my laptop the dizziness started and my heart rate starts to go fast.

i am feeling cold and and very dizzy and hands are sweaty and shaky.

it happend july 2014
and til now may 18 still experiencing those attacks :( i am just so scared coz sometime i am under attack when i am travelling home and when im at the office :(

help. all exams were pretty normal :( whats happening in me?
I am 17 years old and have a pretty scary health issue going on but doesn't have a clue of what it is. It all started a little over 3 months ago on March 12, 2015 I was running got really light headed, threw up, my heart started pounding out of my chest and I felt like I was going to pass out but didn't after I laid down everything was fine the rest of that day. But no, that wasnt it... The next morning I woke up light headed, felt out of my head like I wasn't myself at all, really anxious, and like my brian was so cloudy. Well every day since then Ive dealt with this and it's awful, I've had an MRI, Bloodwork, went to a cardiologist, neurologist, etc no one has an answer. No matter what I'm doing, even if its something I loved to do before all of this happened, I still feel completely numb to my surroundings and know im not myself, whats weird is im completely aware that I feel as if I'm drunk every day of my life, I know this isn't normal but I cant make myself snap out of it, I tell people this and they probably think I'm crazy because no one has ever heard of this. Does anyone have a clue of what's wrong with me ?
Youve probably been told that its anxiety and it coulf be. But so often its so hard to just think its that anf nothing else. Just try to be calm and and take things step by step because sometimes it takes a lot longer for things to go away as to what they do for them to come. Ill pray for everybody on here. Gof bless
how interesting, this is exactly what i have been experiencing and i also do not know why. Just had a nice lunch with supportive work colleagues in a relaxed environment and a massive wave of anxiety came over me for absolutely no reason. Why? VERY VERY frustrating.

Felt as many have mentioned above:

* fighting to avoid fainting
* disorientation - as if someone or something is trying to beam me into another dimension and out of my body
* sweaty palms and nervousness

If i was a nervous person with a problem with such things i would have no problems admitting it. but there is NO prompt there whatsoever! If i was speaking in front of a lot of people in public etc. it would make sense... but i am with good friends - and it still happens, out of the blue.

There is no specific subject matter that prompts it either - which makes it even more frustrating as this would be just a matter of avoiding the subject. But it can happen with a close friend in a quiet café as well OUT OF THE BLUE. Strange, strange, strange, strange, strange.

As i don't drink or smoke, eat well, sleep well (10pm every night until 6.30am) it is not diet. HAve had full physical and blood test and it is not this either. I almost think it's crazy to have an MRI etc. because i have no headaches ever. Struggling desperately to understand why i am getting this (since 1 year now) and what to do. And i refuse to take medication...

I will get to the bottom of this in the end. In meantime am taking lost of vitamins, meditating and doing yoga, exercising (calmly) 4 times a week (As i have done since i was 18... am now 43) and keeping a humble eye on the future. Am an optimistic, happy person in a good relationship with a successful careeer too... so cannot really understand why this is happening to me. Oh wlel, good luck to everyone! And at least i have found a place where i can share my symptoms and not feel like an absolute freak.

Did you experience your symptoms after eating lunch?   Could you have reactive hypoglycemia?

Many of the symptoms you and the others describe closely align with low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).  Low blood sugar can occur at any time--even right after meals (called reactive hypoglycemia).

Google the term and do a little research.  Keep in mind that some people can have blood sugar within the low normal range and still experience very dramatic hypoglycemic symptoms.

I have lightheadedness and dizziness as I write this. Panic attacks I've had since I was 33, I am 52 now. I was on Benzodiazepines for 16 years before I got myself off of them. Since i thought I have the attacks under control because I don't run to the emergency room anymore. So i started feeling this about 3 years ago normally after beer or 2 or 3 so i  thought it was because of my liver. I just had blood work up, Echo on my heart, MRI, Pancreas enzymes, Liver, kidneys, with sonogram, and an MRI on my brain. Not only was everything normal, it was all on the real good side of normal. I wish I could be happy that all is normal and I feel like I am dying and am miserable. If i am crazy I wish someone would tell me how to manage it so I can enjoy life again.  
I am getting worse. Always worried i am sick with a disease and i have headaches and stomach pains. Always dizzy and shaking. All tests come back normal and i know it's just fear and anxiety. Hoping there is someone to talk to.
Hi Tommy, I have the exact same problem. Dizziness, lightheadedness, stomach problems, and even the headaches. Went to the hospital because I was so scared and my tests came back with flying colors. They said I could just have a virus but it's been two weeks, I don't think it's just a virus... And that's where my anxiety starts. I get panicy and start looking up my symptoms and then getting even more panicy because I find something that matches my symptoms that tells me I'm dying. I know it's all in my head and that it's just anxiety but I feel like I can't get out of this bubble I'm in.
You should certainly look into reactive hypoglycemia and hpylori infection. I hope that you are well.
Hello everyone. I have similar issue. I even sometimes get dizzy in my sleep & wake up being unstable followed by fear attack. I also had similar episodes like you guys several times in my life starting at the age of 12!! I just got dizzy half hour ago & came across this post while googling dizziness (which I have done million times). I have been on anti anxiety & anti depressant drugs but the symptoms come back & I get into the viscous cycle of dizziness, anxiety, phobia & depression. Finally I started with cognitive behavioral therapy (still doing it) & now I can manage better. If I feel dizzy I can talk myself out of the anxiety & fear cycle. The fear always tries to get me but I can put myself together, however the process is not very easy & needed practice. It takes time to unwire the deep seated neural connections in our  brain. I learned to be mindful & do relaxation. Now I feel like I have some tools to fight it. I have accepted that due to some reason (all physical & lab tests are normal for me too) I might get dizzy from time to time. The acceptance made the task easier. Hope it helps. I would recommend cognitive behavioral therapy. It's very powerful.
Glad taking cognitive behavioral therapy is helping you to deal with your anxious thoughts and fears. It is a nice way to fight with the anxiety issues. I am on Zoloft for anxiety and depression, it is working fine for my symptoms. I suggest take proper medication and therapy, its a best way to fight with your anxiety.
hi i am 31 years old from singapore ...: i had this systoms as you guys had for the pass 1 and the half years ... feeling dizzy most time fear to walk and sometimes i will get lightheaded suddenly the feeling jist come when i was walking feeling like i gonna faint and i need to hold on to something ... the feeling is damn scary ... had gone thru full body check up ... blood test poo test urine test heart test heart ct scan inner ear test and mri scan for brain ... my doctor say everything is normal .... mind life is full of excitement before ... and now everyday is a very sad day for me ... when i first wake up in the morning first thing in my mind is asking myself will i get dizzy today will i get lightheaded today ... because of this i have been trying to wakeup early to do exercise like taking a walk for about 30 mins at the park every morning but just dont cure this ... anyone do have solution do post and share here thanks everyone ... hope you guys here will get over this problem soon ...
What more do you want? You already have a diagnosis and a prescription from a doctor? Take the ******* meds!
I wanted to know we're your side effects bad wen taking zoloft? I was also prescribed zoloft but haven't taken any yet . I'm getting anxiety just thinking about taking them. I had a bad reaction to celexa. Within an hour I couldn't breath and then broke out in hives all over my body. Now im terrified to take another pill.  My anxiety is crazy. I have good days then I get those really bad days where I'm dizzy or just scared. I appreciate if you can give me some hope. My email is ***@****
Isn't this the most insane crap!!!???? Mine started in 1981 after the birth of my second child! I got this crazy heavy feeling in my shoulders felt like I was being pushed down then the foggy head not dizzy but foggy is the best I can describe...then the panic...heart pounding...breathing blah blah blah...it has been coming and going for 35 years!! Symptoms change randomly....have different ones all the time but the light headed foggyness never changes and the ringing in my ears is insane! I am basically agoraphobic now don't drive or go anywhere by myself I'm afraid of meds part of my panic and anxiety that I will have side effects...ugh..but I did actually have two heart attacks!! So sometimes I don't know if it's anxiety or a real ailment! Really really hate this condition!!! I'm 59 and can't enjoy life!!
I don't know why those typos are there!!!! Lol part of my strange life I guess
I might have some information that will be helpful. I went through all of this exactly. All results normal but so dizzy i was left bed ridden. I ended up having what is called Dysautonomia. Look into it. You might be surprised
You problem need a antidepresent for anxiety and Panic Attacks.
Hi! I struggle with everything youve talked about. I will be fine and then go into a store, mall and my vision becomes blurred and I feel sweaty and like I could pass out. If My body temperature changes quickly my anxiety will kick in. I am currently seeing a homeopathic doctor and found out that I'm highly allergic to gluten. And also have learned that my adrenals are not working as they should so the smallest thing can set my fight or flight switch off. Sounds like this may be something that Is happening to you as well. Try getting off gluten for a month and see if you notice a different. And if you can get a food allergy blood test done get that done. I love my homeopathic doctor bc I feel heard and there is proof that my body isn't as healthy as it should be. Hope this helps!
I have totally been where you are AND I am there today.
I feel the same for last one year. Every time I see my neurologist she explains that this is anxiety. I fear of scary diseases .My life is becoming abnormal. Please someone help and tell that how can anxiety make u feel constant dizzy. I can't sleep as whenever I lay down and close my eyes I feel dizzy and uneasy in heart and head
Just like you i also feel my life isnt as normal as it was before. Because of this constant dizziness. I really dont know if this is all about anxiety because i really feel there is somthing wrong as it really freakening my everyday life. Got my ct scan and had my eye check also blood works.all came back normal.i
As i was reading your post as if i was reading my everyday story. Just like you ive been feeling constantly dizzy for about 7 months now. I got cranial ct scan and had my eye check,i also did all the blood works.they are all normal. But i still feel this heavy feeling in my eyes like im going to squint. Like theres a pressure in my head. I cannot concentrate on something. I cannot go out because i fear there will something happen. And worst i feel like im gonna die soon. I also had panic attacks. And i think i do have health anxiety. I just cant be me. I want to get my life back to normal. I cant even take care of my son and i cant be a wife to my husband. Because of this dizziness and this thinking that i have a serious illness.
I have this shortness of breath along with panic attacks weird vision dizziness sudden confusion anh extreme heat i have a lot of phobias and concerns i feel like everytime i leave the house something bad is gonna happen like passing out while driving or losing sight in my eyes or something like that i even stopped having intercourse with my husband because i get these panic attacks during sex everything is triggering those symptoms dunno what to do anymore im desperate id rather die and not live like that
Hi..I have been feeling light headed dizzy or swimmy headed for about a year...everyday..and my blood pressure is like 145 over 88...and idk what the problem is even blurred vision..what is my problem..somebody please
Hey, i have the same thing you guys are talking about its good to know that im not alone in this universe ! I am dying everyday i cant go on like this its a living hell all this heart palpilations amd this dizziness and foggy head everytime i leave the house im even afraid to go to classes i literally stopped my life and it all happened 5 years ago when i smoked some weed for the first time since then these symptoms cant disappear