Anxiety Community
always feel lightheaded and dizzy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

always feel lightheaded and dizzy

Hi I'm 25 female and I have been told by my doctor that i have a panic disorder. I am always lightheaded and feeling dizzy. I feel like I could pass out at any second. This is ruining my life. Im scared to do anything alone. I cant go to a grocery store, mall, nothing. I am too scared that I'm going to pass out and I have tried to overcome it but I cant. As soon as I get into a place I get so dizzy and my vision is all messed up. I get so hot and sweaty and my heart races. I want my life back. I still dont believe that its just anxiety causing all of this. I feel like I have something else wrong that the doctors cant find even though i have had bloodwork, mri, ekg, and they were all normal. I started taking .25mg of xanax once a day. still dont feel any better yet. So if anybody has any help please give it to me. I feel like i have hit rock bottom
Viewing 1-200 comments:
You and I sound almost exactly the same.  I feel dizzy ALOT and I am afraid to be alone or go to a store, When I get in a store I get dizzy, hot and I can feel my heart racing in my chest.  I too have had all the various workups for my health and am otherwise fine.  

I took xanax, and the first pill worked fine then after that they didn't work anymore
Now i've started prozac and I feel even worse, everytime I stand up I get the feeling im going to black out.  Hopefully this will go away soon.

I feel like my life is over, like I will never have it back and I am just destined to lie in a bed all the time worried about everything and be dizzy.   I find that talking to people about it does help though, so anytime you need someone to talk to you are welcome to give me a shout on here

-Doug
P.S.

You should fill out your profile so we will know more about you :)  
thank you so much for responding. it feels so good to know that i am not alone with this and that i have someone to talk to about it because nobody understands it like my friends or family. they think im crazy and its all in my head. why would i ever want to make something up? nobody understands and i hate feeling so alone with it. i am so happy i found this forum, i will try to figure out the profile thing. ttyl
Hey you ARE NOT alone.  My parents and friends are the same exact way, they just say "shake it off, you will be fine".  They just don't understand how hard it is to shake off, IT IS VERY HARD.  I've even been accused of making all this up so people will feel sorry for me, I WISH I WAS MAKING IT UP!!!  It's so horrible.

I feel so unstable, and when I say unstable, I mean I feel like I cannot control anything and my panic and anxiety can just take me over.  But have you ever noticed that even in the middle of the worse anxiety attack, if your in public with friends or something, you will aways excuse yourself properly before running off?  I notice I do that, it's weird.  Some may not, I dunno.

The most important thing is that you are not alone and you are not crazy!  This is a real problem, just as real as someone with diabetes or something.

Do you ever get full blown panic attacks?
You are definitely not alone here.  Back in August of 2007, I started getting really bad panic attacks almost every single day... things kept getting worse and worse as the months went on... I could barely go to my classes, couldn't go out to bars, malls, stores, anything without panicking(heart racing, dizzy, shaky, feel like i'm going to faint).  It was like this anxiety literally took over my life.  By November I started to get into a deep depression.  I was crying almost every night, sometimes for no reason, but most of the time because I felt like I had no life.  I even had my mom crying for quite a long time because she literally could not help me.  This is something you have to manage yourself.  And no one will understand what you are going through unless they have been through it.  That's the toughest part.  I was completely against medication up until this past February.  I tried everything... going to the doctors to get several tests done that all came back normal, went to a therapist, tried exercising, completely got rid of caffeine in my diet... NOTHING worked.  That's when I broke down and said I NEED to at least give medication a try.  My therapist first put me on zoloft... I had pretty bad nausea with that and it didn't seem to work so we switched to celexa.  I have been on that for about 10 weeks now and I can't say enough about it... I still get very minor panic attacks about twice a month, but it is NOTHING compared to what it used to be.  I am soo happy now, even my friends and my family have noticed such a big change in my mood... I wouldn't go back if someone paid me.  So, my suggestion is, if nothing else works for you, you should definitely try an SSRI and see if it works... it make take more than one try, but it's totally worth it.  Good luck!!!

Stephanie
I have always been against medication I guess because I feel that its not anxiety thats causing me to have these panick attacks. I think that im dizzy all the3 time because i got some brain tumor or some rare disease that the doctors keep missing...but thats most likely just the anxiety giving me these thoughts so 3 weeks ago i explained to my doctor how bad its really been. she gave me xanax and celexa. so im so excited to hear that you take that and it works because alot of people havent really heard of it. i take .25mg xanax once a day which doesnt do anything and i have been staring at my celexa pills debating to take them for the past three weeks (dont ask me why, just scared to start them i guess) but now since i hear some positive feedback on it i will start it tonight. thanx
no problem.... I was exactly like you... petrified... but I got over it.  And don't be upset if Celexa doesn't work for you... everyone is different.... I heard a lot of positive things about Zoloft and it just didn't work with my body.  I also took xanax when I first started Celexa... my therapist told me it will help keep the side effects low.  However, I will tell you that you shouldn't continue to take xanax every day for a long period of time (more than a month) because it will become addicting and it is very hard to come off of it... so if I were you I would stop taking the xanax soon and only take it if you are having a panic attack. If you have any more questions or just need to talk please don't hesitate... I will always be here for advice or whatever... we all need all the help we can get! : )
Hey sorry tocome in on your guys convo but I too suffer from the same thing I think something is wrong and cant take care of it. I think the worst and scared to go out. I wanted to say that xanax sucks I took it and didn't work, plus your on the smallest dosage of it so maybe you should ask you pcp to up the dosage. I am trying to find a anxiety med that works because I get no relief from the ones I have had so far. But as for you, you are not alone. Get back at me.
the xanax isnt workin for me but thats probaly because i am taking the lowest possible dose. you know what gets me is i was reading the side effects and of course it says dizziness. so i dont know if i dont feel any better because im feeling a side effect or its just not working. but i am going to start the celexa tonight and hopefully it will start working but in the mean time im just trying to get through the day....btw does anybody find that flurescent lights like in walmart screw with their eyes? or is it just part of the panic attack?
Everything that you have described in this thread is anxiety panic related. Dizziness, fear of passing out, vision issues from lights, sweats, and not believeing the docs after they did all your bloodwork. These are all common with anxiety disorders.

If your meds arent working you should go back to the doc to either up your dose or try a different med. Are you doing any counseling at all either? They might be an underlying reason for your anxiety that may come out with counseling.

My primary care doc started me on the meds. i have not yet seen a therapist but i am in the works of trying to find one. i know i have a lot of other issues in my life that im sure is making everything worse and talking to someone might help.
I feel the same way. I just started feeling like this really. I got a cold and  my heart was racing and I was getting light headed all the time and dizzy kinda having shortness of breath. I try to stay away from stress as much as possible but because I am a singal mom and just starting a new job that is full of stress it tuff.  I think that everything just builds up to the point that you can't take it anymore. I also feel that talking to someone really helps because as I am writing this I am feeling a bit better.

I have not seen a doctor yet nor am I on any meds to fix my issue. I plan to see my doctor in the near future in regards to my condition.
I'm a 30 year old man, and have suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember.  All these symptoms you have been talking about can be attributed to anxiety.  It took me a really long time to figure it out for myself - I was convinced I was dying from an undiagnosed illness.  My family and friends blew me off as just "worrying too much" and that I needed to relax.  Unless someone has been there, it's pretty safe to assume that no one will understand exactly what it's like.

I was on Zoloft for a long time, and it helped.  But I didn't want to be medicated forever. So I started seeing a therapist who coached me through cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  Basically, you describe your train of thought when you are feeling panicky, identify the point where you "derail", and try to recognize it the next time and do it differently.  You're trying to adjust your body's natural instinct for "fight or flight", so to speak.  It really works.  I'm telling you, therapy helped me more than any medication.

I've been off Zoloft for months, and have been feeling a little more panicky than when I was on it.  But I'm still coping - it's unfortunately something that doesn't seem to ever totally disappear.  You have to recognize that you're doing it, and change your thought patterns.

As far as your symptoms, they can mostly be attributed to chronic hyperventilation syndrome.  It's a real syndrome, and is found in anxious people.  We don't breathe properly as we're always in "fight or flight" mode.  We're always slightly hypoxic, which is why we feel faint, dizzy, lightheaded, foggy, etc.  This makes us feel even more anxious, and then we breathe even less, and the cycle continues.

My best advice, physically, is to make sure to SLOW your breathing.  When you're feeling anxious, hold your breath.  The reason we're dizzy is because we're not exhaling enough CO2 (why the breathing in a bag method works).  So, inhale slowly but not too much, hold your breath for a few seconds, exhale slowly, and repeat.  Don't breathe too deeply or this can worsen the signs, but just slow it down.  I'm telling you, this works.  The only other physical tip I have is to exercise REGULARLY and eat healthy.  This has helped me probably more than anything else.

The adrenalin that kicks in with anxiety causes all the other symptoms (shaky, feel like you're gonna lose it, heart racing, etc.) and that just makes it worse. Just realize that it's always going to be there, and that it will go away.  No one's ever died from a panic attack - they will subside.  The worst thing would be to let anxiety ruin your life, cause you to become depressed, etc.  By focusing on your symptoms, you only make them worse because you become more aware of them (racing heart - why is it racing? am I going to die?  Pass out?...then all of a sudden your heart is beating even faster).  So, you've got to adjust your train of thought.  The best way is to find a therapist that deals with anxiety, buckle down and just go.

I hope this helped.  Best of luck.
I use to feel the same way, is like we twins lol.. I had all the same test done and they all came out negative so my doctor told me I should try a chiropractor I did it helped alittle but still felt the same... So I went to my other dr that takes care of me for my anxiety and he perscibed me paxil cr 25mg and that helped me alot it took away my dizzyness, headache and the lightheadness I been pain free like for 2months now, maybe you car talk to someone about the paxil.... Good luck... I hope you get better soon.
does anyone ever feel like they are not there? like you respond to all your friends questions, normal conversation and all, but you feel like your head is spinning?
thanx for all your advice..i will definitly try some of your techniques. i just bought a book called "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook". I am going to start reading asap. I see my pc on thursday. im hoping she recommends a good therapist.
Autonomic Disorders like POTS could cause some of these same symptoms.
i feel for all of you because i know what your going through. i have had panic disorder for thirty years. dizzygrl, you are on a very low dose of xanax that's why it's not helping. yes, it is addictive, but so are most of the antidepressant drugs. i've taken xanax on and off for a long time. the dose that works for me is .50mg three times a day, i stared off on .25mg three times a day. it's the best thing that i've found to control the panic attacks. of course everyone is different and maybe therapy might work for you, or an antidepressant. i agree with bgstewer, controlling your breathing helps. try not to worry too much about having a disease, most of us that have panic disorder have done the same thing and it turns out that we're fine. i hope you find what works for you. your fellow panic attack friend. remar
Although its not a nice thing to go through, its good to know we're not alone. I've just come off some tablets that i took for my anxiety, i was on a very low dosage but this last week i have felt very light headed and as though i am about to pass out at any time, this has certainly never happened before and is very scary, so obviously I start thinking something is wrong, but i'm now telling myself its psychological so trying to breathe through it and talk to friends and collegues about it.

It is just so frustrating. does anyone know if this is normal to feel light headed and faint after coming off tablets?
Hey guys, was just reading over everyones comments, i can pretty much relate to everything said... I just started taking Celexa (again) after 2 years of being off it, and have some of the side effects, dizzyness, major sleep problems, and some nausea. they are slowly going away, but you have to remember that they are more present at the beggining and will soon go away, and then you will start to feel better, it may take a few weeks, to over a month, but just give it a chance.
My MAJOR thing is the constant dizzyness and lack of focus, almost like a cloud is around me and i cant concentrate on things and am sensitive to light, so hopefuly the pills will start to work soon and i can get back to living a normal life. Good luck to you all :D and remember that you can live with an extreme illness in  your brain (like cancer or a disease) without actually having it. Its just anxiety.
I'm sorry to but in. I just came across this forum as i was searching for blackouts. I do not have anxiety nor panic attacks, however i have  the racing heart. This was diagnosed as Premature Ventricular Contractions or PVCs (and they say they are "nothing serious")  and my vision goes completely black very often and i feel like i am going to pass out. I passed out 4 years ago, 4 days after giving birth to my son... just check out this web site. I AM NOT A DOCTOR. I have just been through a lot with my family.  Please! It may or may not be worth your time. Please know your family history. http://long-qt-syndrome.com
I had panic dissorder for over 17 years and still have severe anxiety dissorder with added de personalisation, de realisation and slight OCD over my health just to name a few, i have had every heath check known to man and it always comes down to its just anxiety! I hate the doctors and specialists everytime they say that but think its important to get to a point where you actually accept the diagnosis and thats when my panic attacks stopped. I can still feel when ones coming on and i normally have .25 xanax everyday for a couple of days just until the fight or flight response turns off in my body. There are some really good books out there like power over panic that really helped me through the really tough times but in the end it all comes down to accepting that although i feel like im going to die from some strange exotic illness that doctors haven't discovered its actually just anxiety.  Keep on keeping on people your not alone.
i find that keeping busy can help reduce the anxiety.  when you're busy, your mind is at work on something else rather than thinking of your troubles ;) works like a charm for me, only problem is, when im not busy, the anxiety strikes. ill find myself going on google trying to find answers that only make me feel worse.  i was taking sertraline (zoloft) and didnt find it effective.  i stopped taking it and now im trying to shake the last bit of this anxiety stuff off.  meds can be good if you are in really deep anxiety though, only use them temproarily (or at least thats what i say) until you can conquer these panic attacks.  having scientific reassurance helps a lot.  since you've been tested for multiple things and show up fine, be relieved, that's perfect.  dizzyness is very common in anxiety and so is sweating.  that can go away once your mind is on something more pleasant.  hang in there and take this one day at a time until you can get over this. i know, it's hard, i know first hand and im still not completely out of the anxiety trouble, but keeping a positive mind will help.
My anxiety started when i was 23.. not too long after my first son was born.. I got dizzy once, and ever since then it's like I'm just waiting for it to happen again.. I went through the same thing.. I wouldn't go anywhere because I thought I would pass out and die!! I went to the doctor she gave me zoloft and ativan.. that helped a little, I was able to go to the store again, but I would still get nervous, but I had my ativan handy i would be in an asle and pop an ativan with nothing to drink I felt like a druggy.. but it will pass, just stop waiting for it to happen, I know thats easier said than done trust me, but it will pass i promise... try to find one thing that makes you feel safe.. like say to yourself if i take a shower i will be fine that will help.. I too have OCD and i would do the craziest things to make myself believe that i was fine, I would say if i just go sit on the porch and count the cars that go by for 5 minutes and i count all of them then nothing bad will happen.. I know that sounds crazy but I have had OCD since I was 5.. It runs in the family.. just know that you are not alone and you are not gonna die.. well maybe when your 80 and begging for it..
well good luck and keep us posted and if you feel like talking I'm here..
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to comment on the medications. I have been in the same boat as all of you ladies and gents...It a terrible disease that is VERY hard to over come. You cannot do it alone! Isolating the problem only makes things worse. Not only for you but for your family, friends, and or loved ones. Be patient, you will find something that WILL help you. I am 95% better than I have ever been. Dont get me wrong I still have my moments, my days, my weeks even. We all do. But just BELIEVE that there is always something NEW to try. Life itself is beautiful struggle. I have been there guys! Ive been to the doctor hundreds of times...screaming of my pain, crying to them telling whats wrong even if it the simplest thing but yet could be the most fatal thing as chest pain....they still say "Well all the tests came back normal".....So do NOT give up. ALL in ALL, My family doctor told me that its okay to be this way, everyone is different and everyone has different lows of a certain kind of substance in your body(sorry at the moment i cannot remember the name) . He said it is a disease, but its okay, because there is medicine out there for it. My doctor finally put my on LEXAPRO. Needless to say it has not only helped me but IMPROVED my outlook on life, my job, my friends, my family....EVERYTHING. Im such a better person to be around and could be too!!!

PS:
Lexapro has not only helped ME, personally, but a few of my family members and friends as well. As YOUR doctor about it.

GOOD LUCK and KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!
this was one of my symptoms of asthma
I have had anxiety/depression for 10 years. I've been on Prozac off and on. And have had all the tests run many times. Anxiety is SO hard to deal with. Dizziness and lightheaded are annoying!
I had a similar problem, but it only happened when I was in a car or when I tried to drive. (I coudln't drive for over 6 months) It wasn't something that I was EVER going to get over on my own. I tried relaxation, hypnosis, desensitization, distraction techniques.... but the physical sensations were just too much.  My doctor put my on LEXAPRO and it was like a flip was switched.  I've only been on it 8 days and I am 90% better.  I feel like I have a new lease on life.  I never in a million years thought it was going to make the difference it did, but like I said, I am a whole new person. The physical sensations are gone.  
lol, sorry, I have some bad typos in my post. It should say I was NEVER going to get over it on my own, and it should say that it was like a switch was flipped, not a flip was switched.  I swear, the Lexapro is not affecting my brain!! :)
Hi My name is Dale 23 year old workaholic. I have many of the same symptoms. dizziness, scattered vision, phobias, feeling faint especially after talking a lot, and my doctor wants to put me on cymbalta. Has anyone taken that med before. I fear meds because I am really sensitive to them. They are 30 mg capsules has anyone ever let some out of the capsule before....??

My name is Nina and i am 25 year old. I have all those symptoms and many other for about a year now. Two weeks ago my doctor gave me some samples of cymbalta to try, but it makes me sick just thinking of it. My stomach gets so upset and i always quit taking the meds day or two. Mine are 30mg too, so if  you try it before me please let me know how it went.
:)
I need help also. I know i have anxiety and i am only 20 yrs old. I am always light headed and i mean like always even when i dont feel like a panic atack is coming on. Can this be anxiety? I always google things and think things are really wrong with me but i am terrified of the dr.. new fear that come on about a month ago when i had a panic attack there. I guess just another fear to add to everything. For along time i never lefy my house because i was to scared and i am so scared to go anywhere alone even driving home from work. I know i will not take any meds because that is almost my biggest fear... i just know i need help and i am so scared all the time.. I just got married a month ago and i cant ever do anything because everytime i go into a store or something i freak out. I just really need to know if being lightheaded all the time is apart of it even when i dont feel panic.. the only time i dont feel lightheaded is like an hr out of the day.. please help me
your not alone. there are people out there that have the same symptoms as you can see. Let me just tell a little about my condition and experience with anxiety. I started having anxiety and didn't want to accept nor deal with it. so i let it continue. i think i was in denial. i didn't want to have that problem.  

well after about a year of not dealing with it, i started to have heart palpations, with throught the whole doc scene, took test, and the doc told me that i have PVC's. so he put me on a beta-blocker. well that didnt help the anxiety.

i had a lot of the same symptoms that you described, my biggest thing was that i could not be alone for fear that i would pass out and noone would be there to help me.. eventually i became agoraphobic.

i still didn't want to do anything about it. i didn't want to take any medication because i was scared of it.  so the problem went on  and on and i got frustrated and frustrated until i finally decide that life can't go on like this. i had no life or at least that's how i surly felt. So i went to my family doc and she tried me on an antidepressant lexapo and i didn't like it. It make me really moody plus it was expensive because i have no health insurance.  So i tried another one called Paxil, which is on the $4 program that Sams club and wal-mart offer.  And that one has helped me a lot.  

now i still don't go places by myself on any everyday basis, but i can now stay home all day without any problems, where before i could not do that. So i am still working on it.
Hey DIZZYGRL! What you are experiencing is a very common sign of anxiety. And be glad that's all you have! =)

I get like that too, when I go into big places! Like Wal-Mart! AHH! LOL.
I get really dizzy in there for some reason... maybe it's b/c everything is so open, and big, and bright lights?

It will get better. I bet youre gonna look back and see that anxiety is something you once KNEW... and no longer KNOW. =)

Good luck! =)
hey! darling, i totally understand what you feel! i have the exact same thing.my anxiety is hypochondria based, and it sounds like yours is too (with the constant worrying that you have some sort of illness.) i always feel lightheaded and dizzy too. especially while i'm at work or in class. the key is to change you thinking patterns and your attitude. you must have a positive outlook on life to pull out of this. that's what i'm working on right now, and it actually works. however, it takes alot of work on your behalf to do it! everyday, i'm hand over my worries to God and i do my best to stay positive and upbeat. when you don't acknowledge the symptoms, it doesn't give the symptoms glory which disables the power of the symptoms, and ultimately, disables the power of anxiety all together. one thing we all need to learn on here is that we all need to quit focusing on our symptoms and realize that God has given us life and we need to live it! we need to claim back what anxiety has stolen from us all! it'll go away in due time if you change your attitude to a positive one and cease in giving the symptoms any attention. hang in there, i know you'll pull thru!! :)
I am trying to deal with my anxiety. I turned 50, got laid off from my job, just bot a new house.  I also stopped taking my hormone pills.  I guess this was too much for my body and WHAM, I became the next victim of panic attacks.  
I haven't heard anyone mention numbness in one side of the face.  Does anyone get that?   My panic is in the car while driving.  I had a few times of feeling faint and I thought I was going to pass out while driving up a hill.  Doc put me on Xanax, I think it helps, but I was driving again and nothing was bothering me, then all of a suddent I again thought I was going to pass out.. by the way, I was going up a hill again .  Sometimes, it happens just as I get on the freeway.  I don't have problems except when I drive.
Now, I am feeling more numbness on the left side of my face.  I did have a cyst ( or something else) removed from that side of my face, so I'm thinking it could have grown back and is resting on a nerve and causing my problems.  Any thoughts?
This forum has helped me so much. I learned I'm not dying, there are many out there that share my problem. So to all of you that share your information THANK YOU.  This forum has made a difference to me.
hey guys and gals, my name is Lina and I am 22 years old. I am so glad I came across this forum because just like many of you, I have been suffering from anxiety and panick attacks.I have such low points sometimes that I think there is no way back and I will never get better. My family and friends simply says not to pay attention to it, so of them laugh and think that I made it all up. I have been to a psychologist, but I refuse to try medication simply because I think that It will "mess with my mind"! I have been to multiple emergency rooms around town because I was scared that I was dying. Even though every test has come back positive. I know it is in my mind and I need to change my thoughhts but I wish I knew how! I amdesperate and have absolutely no one to talk to. I am scared!
G'day All,

My Names Dave, ive had pretty much everything ive read here, constantly scrared, always thinking i have something wrong, Cancer,Stroke, diabetes, all these things come to mind. ive been in an out of hospital emergency numerous times, i get embarrised about it. My partner thinks im nuts, i see her roll her eyes, then that makes me even worse.. i have a 5 year old son, and im always worried about him, hoping his safe, im scared for everyone, not just myself..

i did download some audio relaxation techniques that i listen to when i go to bed, that helps a bit, my local doctor wont give me drugs cause he believes you should try deal with it naturaly..
but i cant afford therepy, an im kinda scared to look into it...

i think if i just had someone to talk to and know what i was going through it would help
Mind sending me some of your collection to chill by?  Thanks in advance.  Brenndy
Hey dizzy that's %100 anxiety for sure. The thing with xanax is it only last for a little while, if you have to take 2. But the main thing is to stay calm if being alone scares you just go where there's a lot of people and some friends, like the beach or something. And just always remember that anxiety CAN NOT kill you!

you'll be fine
       JON
I take zoloft for anxiety. It has done WONDERS. but i was just like you... i have actually even passed out a few times from anxiety. Xanax is also something I take. try .50 mg's thats what I take and it works so well. I wish you luck.
ME too. for some reason getting drunk works...bad habbit but its a few hours of freedom. I cant say to stop worrying and stressin because its not easy..hell it seem like it's not even posible. I use to be the coolest cat around and now im the wierdest and most hated.

One thing I could say is that you have open wounds that need a chance to heal...YOu need a site like this one..with people who are just like you, and who wont judge you. I know that we could be negative most of the time, but there is a reason for it..still, that don't mean that we have to accept anyone elses shzz..negative and judgemental people keep your wounds open..stay away from them.  YOu have that hyper sensitive thing; you cant stand movement and noice...sound is 5x louder for you than everyone else..movements annoys you..paranoia is all it is.

I cant look others in the eyes anymore because of my vision bluring and liteheadedness..wear dark shades, load your IPOd with nothing but positive music(Lauren hill or somethin). stay away from stressful relationships. eat healthy and get lots of rest...rest with postivve music on.
I feel like I hit the jackpot finding this page.  I feel so much better knowing I am not alone.  I live my life in a haze.  Almost like I'm living in a dream.  I have been diagnosed with panic disorder and I feel so scared and alone like I'm never going to be understood or fixed.  Hearing from all of you guys has just given me a reason to keep going.  Thank you so much everyone.
I have severe panic disorder and anxiety disorder and go through whatt you describe.  

Xanax should help the panicky feeling, but they can actually make you more tired and drowsy.  I would suggest asking your doctor to start an SSRI, which helps in the long run.  You are not alone.  I am 18 and have been struggling with this since I was 13.  You can always give me a msg.  Email me at caitlin.***@****.

Don't give up on hope.  I have gone through this most of my life and there is hope!  It's gonna be a rough ride for a little.  Start on SSRI's like prozac or zoloft or Lexapro (lexapro works GREAT with anxiety).  It may be hell for a few weeks, but truck through, and in the end it really makes a difference.  hang in there!
I had my 1st panic attack in late 2007, Since then I have been diagnosed wiht panic disorder/anxiety. Of course the Anxiety comes from always being scared of having a panic attack which has got to be the worst feeling ever. Im constantly thinkin there is somehting wrong with me that doctors haven't found. I have negative thoughts which make me cry and I play this little movie in my head of whats the worst that can happen...I then start breathing hard, and start feeling lots of axiety. I think a lot of it is mental and can be controlled. When our bodies feel out of place,like were in a dream etc we get scared and start thinking OMG im dying and that sends us back into panic mode. I had a VERY hard time dealing wiht this at first and was going to the ER constantly, I feel talking about it helps. All my test have come back normal and so I am accepting that I have anxiety and breathing exercises, keeping busy and talking about it along with lots of prayer because I believe in GOD and his power helps me.  Not everyone is the same but I know what you all are going through. feeling sweat, cold, dizzy, naussea, lightheaded, like u cant breath, hart speeding, aches in weird areas.... I can go on forever. The best is to keep calm and breath in and out and SELF TALK. "I know what this is, its my anxiety but I can overcome it by keeping calm" The more u freak out the worst it gets. TRUST ME. I am also 7and a half months pregnant so it has been extra difficult. It is also very important to seek help. I am for medication in moderation but cutting stuff out of ur diet like caffeine can help. Staying hydrated by drinking helps because if ur dehydrated it can cause stress and anxiety. Its a domino affect.
Do not feel like ur alone.... We are in this together and God knows what we can and cannot handle. God Bless.
I love ur advice and thank you! I completely agree with you. What you are saying is exactly how it works.
The harderst part is to accept it. A lot of you may be new to this but trust me take the advice given and apply it to your daily routine.
I was put on Cymbalta and only took it for about 2 weeks and then found out I was pregnant.

#1. While I took it 30mg... It worked.
#2. I dindt take it long enouhg to fully see its potential but I liked it.
#3. coming off of it is hard. I stopped taking it without telling my pcp and that was a bad move. I was SOOOOOOOOOOO DIZZY so doctors say to come off u have to do it gradually.

I am thinking of going back on it after I have my baby...well see. Good luck.
Hi everyone! Im a 19 year old college student, and I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for over a year now. I have tried several relaxation techniques, I do counseling, I practice yoga, and I take several vitamins and herbal supplements which all seem to help.

My comfort to you all is just to know that you are not alone, and that panic and anxiety is VERY real! But please dont give up on yourselves or this disorder.Be strong, and keep trying, we may not be able to get rid of our panic but we can certainly manage it and overcome it to the best of our abilities.  

When I first started having attacks I could not hardly bring myself to go anywhere, I skipped class alot, I couldnt go shopping or do any of the things I used to love. But please realize that living in fear is short changing yourself out of a beautiful, full, active life. Its still hard to do somethings out of fear of feeling dizzy or fighting the urge to rush out of a store, but you have to keep trying, keep taking yourself to those scary places until they aren't scary anymore. Its harder than anything I have ever done, but its working and I am getting my life back.

Be sure to eat healthy, sleep alot, drink water, take vitamins, and exercise regularly. Healthy bodies= Healthy minds. Dont be afraid to talk to a counselor, mine has been amazing and its wonderful to see the results that come about just by talking about this problem!

Keep going! Never give up!
hello, Im a 25 yr old male that suffered with severe anxiety attacks for about a year and I just recently got to where i dont have them as much... actually I havent had one in about 8-10 months. I was going through ALOT of emotional stress, I had just seperated my shoulder (which added to alot of insecurities I have), I was just starting college (couldnt even pay attention because I was worried everybody was staring at me) and it gets worse and worse etc etc... but anyway, my stress caused a "lump" feeling in my throat.. It also made me feel lightheaded and dizzy. I also woke up about 20 times a night holding my breathe, It always felt like my throat was closing up on me. It got so bad i didnt want to eat from fear of choking on my food basically all i wanted to do was lay in bed and not leave my house!  I told myself everyday I was going to die and to accept that it was just part off completing life's journey (which isnt the way I wanted to think being as young as I am), I went through 1,000's of different scenario's of what it could be, (The internet contributed to alot of it).. I thought I had everything, I got so frustrated at doctors because they looked at me like I was crazy and kept wanting me to take all these different anti depressants.. After continually going back and forth on what it could of been (Thousands of dollars on medical bills later) I took paxil for 1 month and acidphex (for my stomach problems) within two weeks all my problems where nonexistent. I did have alot of side effects from the paxil but I also heard that you should "wing" off of it instead of just quitting your dosage all in one day and theres also many antidepressants that work better. Ive been off of these meds for awhile now, Ive had some small panics but I tell myself its fine and Im worrying over nothing.  to make it short, we all make stuff out to be a million times worse than what it is and thats why we have panic attacks and anxiety in the first place.. I guess just let life be life, I wish I could help more but I dont know what else to say.
have similar symptoms as you but mine happens when it wants.....  i can be doing absolutely nothing and i will get really dizzy... i always feel like im going to pass out and sometimes i do pass out and it scares me i dont know why it happens but i hate it and i want my life back!!!!!!!  the only time i pass out is when i am trying to lay down when i am dizzy..... then when i try to go to sleep i for some reason black out and i feel like my body is numb...... i hate it and it scares me.... my blood pressure goes down and my pulse goes down when this happens...... ive seen dr.s and they dont know what is wrong.... medicine only makes it worse.......
im taking xanax right now..i don't rember how long ive been taking it for but it helps a lot.
something else that helps a lot! is to grab a ipod or a mp3 player. put the head phones in your ear.
and just zone EVERYTHING out.
just relax and listen to music.
trust me.
ever since i got my ipod stolen.
i've been thinking way to much.
im 18 and snice i don't have my music.
all i can think about is "oh man i hear my heart beat im going to have a heart attack" or i start thinking about things that scare me which makes me start panic

honestly give music a try...it might save your life.
I still can remember the first time I had a panic attack I was so scared I was going to die I was working on my computer and suddenly I start having this feeling that I was going to pass out, the thing that might have triggered the panic attacks was that I felt like I was going to have an epilepsy attack I had epilepsy when I was 5 and I was in a very strict treatment until I was like 12 after that no problems but the time I had my first panic attack I was working on my computer on that very bright computer screen and felt my jaw kind of heavy so I panicked thinking oo the epilepsy is coming back that was about a year ago after that I lived in fear for about 5 months thinking oo I am going to have an epilepsy attack but then I stopped worrying because thank god the attack never came now every time I start getting dizzy and lightheaded usually when I am in big places like the mall or big chain stores or even an airplane I just say to myself I have had this for over a year now and there has been no attacks no faints no nothing so I try to ignore it, the lightheaded feeling still annoys me but at least I am a little more comfortable when these attack begin right now I am in the process of being checked out I went to the doctor had a blood test done everything is right the doctor send me to see a neurologist and to get an echocardiogram because the 2 times I went to the doctor my heart was racing funny thing is that my heart never race when I am at home might have been the fear of being at the doctor and finding out there was something wrong with me  thank god everything was ok, I am really happy o found this forum and knowing I am not alone.
Trust me you are not alone in this.  Seeing this page is actually a huge relief to me b/c I thought that I was alone.  For about 2 years now I have been dizzy (all the time!) afraid I am going to pass out, afraid everyone is looking at me and knows something is amiss, afraid I have some new deadly illness, etc.  I have had every test under the sun, and several doctors tell me that I have an anxiety disorder, which actually offended me.  I felt like I was going to die and it would be all their faults for not doing the right tests on me.  Out of all these symptoms I have had, and for such a long time, I thought there was no way this was just anxiety.  Besides the light-headedness/ dizziness I also have a lot of GI probs (bloating and nausea), a tight feeling in my chest, and just an overall feeling of fatigue. I also have a very hard time concentrating and consider it a miracle that I make some of the best grades in my class. I think, though, that accepting the problem is a big part of getting better and that's what I plan to do. Hopefully I can try some new meds soon (I am terrified of new meds!) and see some improvement. By the way, I am not kidding when I say that I do not go to Walmart because of the way it makes me feel!
When you say dizzy and lightheaded 'all the time'...so you really mean all day long? I have had this feeling for about a month now, and my MRI came back normal, the bloodwork came back normal, and I don't think it's vertigo.......But I have this feeling ALL day. I'm afraid to drive. Do the doctors say that anxiety disorders or panic can make you feel this way ALL the time? Have you tried any medications for it??
Hey guys I to feel this way . I am getting major work done to my mouth - i have a few broken teeth. Ive seen doctors and they say my light headedness has nothing to do with my teeth its all in my mind.
i sat and spoke with a therpist , but all she wants me to do is yoga. I dont believe that is the answer to my prob.
I too feel as though i have a tunor or sime rare disease in side , but then  i sit back and tell myself everything is gunna be ok . My mom is a manic depression and also bipolar sp she knows what im going threw. Every time i start  talking and questionong " omg am i gunna die "  " omg whats wrong to you think its this this or thst , she just tells me to relax and ill be fine. i try to listen to her as much as possible , bc she too went through this but its so hard.
Im glad i found people  i can realte to
Hi.
My Problems
1. Feel faint all day long, from waking to sleeping.
2. cant talk to anyone more than a few minutes b4 it become too much for brain to bear. (especially fonecalls)
3. sunlight and house light cause me near to fainting quickly.

treatment
1. hospital.  AS usual im nice and healthy. need to see psycotherapist. didnt go.....couldnt accept i had a mental problem. how can a problem just develop without any major stress in life.

self treatment.
1. I realised i havent fainted for more than 6 months. its just in the mind, . cured me 20%
2. put my mind on other things...i know its dead hard to do. but eventually u will get there. not thinking of problem cures 60%, but just for the time i forget about it..almost think im nearly cured sometimes. very hard to do.
3. Accept it. accept it. accept it....theres no immediate cure....you are your doctor. relax and control it.  if your not fainting, then ure body is fine...u cant use yr head to stop yrself fainting. yr mind is playing games.  make it to relax. lay down...sleep it off.....i know u want to get on with yr life,  but u cant do it overnight....accept it ,will take time and it will go. treat yr brain, give it time to relax, stop yr worldly things   and care about yr brain.  we torture it. and now its forcing us to give it time to relax.
i havent been out for months.
i eat food, not because i am hungry, because i feel i have a vitamin deficiency.
i cant look out of the window, bcos the light effects my eyes.
But im calm,  because ive learnt to live with it.  slowly i can see the symptoms disapearing(very slowly).  i can sit under home light longer than before. ive accepted it may take longer than 6 MONTHS before i get  half a life back,
ive learnt to work with the problem.  i dont let it irritate me like it used to.
Patience is a virtue.
have u noticed why they called ill people in hospitals patients,  because they have to be patient. ...lol
Good luck to u all.
Im 20 years old i havent felt bad for 4 years now. Im always dizzy, i can be walking in a store and almost pass out. I  turn white and eveyrthing distorts... sometimes i get soo dizzy where i cant leave the house cause i will lose my breathe.. I've went to a dr. they did blood work and it came out okay.. They say its panic attacks i've taken all kinds of meds for it....... My neck/ head hurts constantly..... like a year ago i opulled a muscle and i constantly stay dizzy. If i look up or down i will almost pass out and fall. i dont drive anyore cause i stay dizzy and always losing my breaathe.... i think there is something going wrong in my body thats causing this
wow Im really glad I found this page... I guess Im not the only one with this either...
mine just started a month ago, and it brought me high blood pressure, 100/160
but before I was really damn scared, I also hought I was going to have some kind of tumor or something, But Im only taking medication for my high blood pressure... I guess the doc doesnt know what I got yet or whatever... But I was so damn scared, and still kinda am, cause its true you really can't live your life like this, expecially thinking that you might have something serious.... I don't know if you get the same ways it happens to me, Because also somtimes or always I rub my backhead or something, I get ligh headed alot, or messed up vision.....
Ihave the same problem. I have been panic free for 7 years and it is back I have tried all kinds of meds . I have to switch about every 3 years. I was on Lexapro which work greatuntil 2 months ago then it all came back. she put me on effexor and I feel more panicI know it is the meds. I want to go back 3 months ago when I felt fine, Has any one taken effoxor and has the dizzy or more panic. I hate this Help
you are not alone!  I am 34 and I have been feeling lightheaded and dizzy since i was 21!  the doctors just said it was anxiety, but i did not believe them!  I also have severe OCD and I am also a hypercondriac!  great combo :-)  My sympotoms seem much worse after I gave birth to my second child.  I have also noticed that everytime I am under any stress(mostly financial noweadays)  i feel so lightheaded and extremely tired!  Sometimes i am afraid to leave the house!  I push myself to do things for the kids!  i went on a vacation with my husband in august without the kids and i ended up getting vertigo!  now, i am so afraid to go on any vacation!  totally crazy!  after reading all your posts and comments from others, i can finally say that YES I am suffering from anxiety disorders!  THANK YOU FOR FINALLY MAKING ME REALIZE THIS!  I also have ulcerative colitis so i really don't want to take any medication for this.  I am going to try to deal with it on my own or maybe see a therepist.  

if anyone has had any luck with a med that takes away all lightheaded and dizzy feelings then please let me know!  I will talk to my gastroenterologist and see if its okay for me to take it!  

Thanks again!  Oh- and to the girl who wrote the post about counting cars for 5 minutes and then everything will be okay--i do weird stuff like that too!   i thought i was the only one!
I too feel light headed and dizzy on a regular basis.  Often times it is accompanied by a feeling like my head is in a fog and I can't think straight.  Many times I have trouble getting my arms or legs to move properly.  A lot of you talk about the dizzyness as an outcome of the anxiety, for me the anxiety is a somewhat new thing.  It is leaving me feeling outright useless.  I get the feeling that I'm moving, even when I'm not.  The addition of the anxiety and full on panic attack's are making life a chore that is quickly loosing it's value.  Depression has taken over.  I recently started cymbalta, and I do have some xanax as well, but so far it isn't really helping.  As many of you have experienced, my MRI came back fine and so did my blood work.  I have arthritis and a dead thyroid gland, but the Dr.'s aren't sure if that contributes or not.  All in all, I am just about ready to give up.
I have had thoughts like you,  that I when I am having a headache or dizziness, that it could be a tumor or something. But you are right,  it is the anxiety in our system that is talking. The thoughts from our anxiety can be really scary.
Do you have trouble moving your hands and legs a lot?  Is this caused by anxiety?  The reason why I am asking is because I have felt the same way with my arms and legs especially when I am stressed.
My movement problems come when the dizzyness and lightheadedness is at it's worst.  To date, it hasn't been diagnossed as far as what is causing it all.
Anyone here have something like chronic fatique syndrome, or wake up in the middle of the night with nervousness in the pit of there stomach?
its seems like its every single day, never lets up.
Waking up numerous times during the night, feeling worn the next day, like they just need to sleep for days to catch up.
Mine started out of nowhere, I was visually shaking, they eventually gave me Klonopin...they work but for a period of time.
And yeah, breathlessness, headachs, constantly researching because you cant except it being just "mental"
Warning on the benzos, they will cloud your memory, lol
but Id rather have a cloudy memory..and a few side effects, rather then constant worry.
Going to Wal-Mart makes me feel like **** too. I think its the lights!

Also, Yoga has really helped my anxiety so it is definitely worth a shot! Might work for you!
I totally feel the same way, and it has haunting me since I was 14 and i'm 26 now. I feel dizzy and off balanced, racing heart etc. whenever I get in my car, go the store, and when I walk into work. I'm so afraid to be alone anymore when I go out. Another feeling i get alot is not be able to breathe!! Like I can't get enough air or something. I've been to numerous docs as well, all tests came back normal. Ive been trying to take alot of vitamins, like B-complex etc..So far no help. I'm just always worried that one day I'm going to faint and no one there to help me. I used to be able to just hop in the car and go..not anymore, i'm always thinking who can take me to the store. I'm screaming inside, and i just want this to end!!! I'm just glad to know, that other people are going through the same thing, and that makes me feel a little bit better..I just need to keep my chin and hope that it will get better..and the only person to make this better is...me.good luck everyone!
i cant believe all the comments i just read! i feel exactly the same i am only 18 and 2 weeks ago i started feeling like this and it wont go away i wake up on a morning and the first thing i think about is not been well anymore it really pees me off i am so glad im not alone and i understand other people are in this situation. i havent dared take any tablets because i read up onthe side effects and they scare me so i wont take any. i am constantly thinking about been poorly so it makes me feel light headed i sit and check my pulse to check i am still breathing its horrible so thanks guys and good luck because i feel like im never gunna be the same again :(
I have suffered from panic attacks off and on for 40 years. I have been told it is a chemicale imbalance. You name it and I have taken it. Xanax, prozac, zoloft etc. Nothing has helped long termed. I more or less have learned to live with it. I was recently in the emerengcy room at Cantdler hospital for a $4,000 panic attack!
I'm seventeen years old and DESPERATE! for answers on this. My symptoms are always feeling light headed and dizzy,feeling like i'm going crazy, and fearing that I'm going to die. Please! anyone tell me this is normal and I'm not going crazy. I really need some help and I don't now what do anymore I feel so alone.
i was recently diagnosed not only with anxiety but also with somatiziation disorder.  the symptoms of somatiziation disorder explain a lot of my symptoms.  though it's kinda dis-heartening to realize that i am physically sick because i am nuts. oh well.  thought i'd share with you.
If you are dizzy, lightheaded, and especially if you feel lightheaded all the time, you might have a syndrome known as postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.  It is fairly rare, but it is a peripheral nervous system disorder that messes with blood pressure and can keep your blood vessels from constricting properly, therefore depriving your brain of needed oxygen. This is what I have, and I have an anxiety disorder and get panic attacks because my blood pressure gets too low and i feel like i am going to pass out.  i am successfully being treated with fludrocortisone, a lot of water, and salt to increase my blood volume.  i was diagnosed at the cleveland headache clinic because this syndrome also gave me chronic daily headache. i hope this helps someone!

-kookie292
I'm am 27 years old and have been diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder. I hate it i felt alone like noone knew what i was going threw. Even though i do have support from my family they just dont konw the feelings i feel. I cant do anything on my own like going to the store , walking uo the street , taking my son to school and it makes me so sad cause i miss my life the way it used to be NORMAL. I want to do the everyday thimgs on my own like i used to do. I've also been to the doctors got all the tests and theres nothing wrong with me they first gave me xanax and zoloft but i felt like the zoloft was making my attacks worse and the xanax didnt help. So now i take prozac and ativan i've been on the prozac for about6 weeks and dont notice a change i still feel anxiety and panic. Everytime im gonna go somewhere even with my family i think about panic and then my heart starts racing i get hot and sweaty feel like i cant breath that im gonna pass out and die it ***** and im sooooo tired of it. But i try to stay positive i think that i will be able to overcome this. It does make me feel better to know this is a common diease and that im not alone.
     I am a 28 year old woman, and I have suffered with panic/anxiety disorder for 5 years now.  I would feel anxious, panicky, and scared constantly.  It got so bad that I could not stand being in any normal situation.  I would feel dizzy, foggy, unable to focus, sensitive to lights etc.  I could not function on a daily basis with the overwhelming panic.  I would see an ambulance and think that I was going to die (not to mention many other irrational thoughts).  Finally, I realized the toll it was taking on my life.  I was tired all the time, I never wanted to do anything, and I had a hard time going to work.
     There is help out there.  I was so afraid of drugs for so long, but one day I grabbed the bull by the horns and started seeing a therapist.  After a few meetings, he sent me to a psychiatrist.  This doctor helped me immensly.  He put me on Klonapin AKA Clonzepan which has worked really well for me.  I only take half a mg (.5) once a day,  I could take it up to 3 times a day, but I don't need it.  I have been living a normal life for 3 months now, after many years of suffering.  I did not believe that I could ever feel ok again - because I forgot what that was like to feel good.
    To everyone out there, there is help available.  Don't be afraid to live your life again.  I do have some days that are better than others, but now I am learning how to cope.  I send my love to all of the people suffering from these disorders.
Wow. i have the same symptoms you have. I have been avoiding as many places as possible. but my therapist is teaching me that you do have control. you have to tell your self that you can control. try not to fight it. I know how bad it is, i know how it feels like you have no control that your body is going crazy without you, but you have to learn to breath, and stop and tell yourself, i can do this, i can stop it. I do a lot of imagining things. Like imagining I am breathing all the anxiety out of me. and I try and picture my self going places and not having any anxiety and panic at all before i leave. so far it has really helped. Also maybe you could try running on a treadmill before you go anywhere. My therapist said to picture that i am running out all the anxiety inside of me. it really helped. I was able to go out to dinner with my family after i did that.

hope this helps! and if you want to talk to you can leave me a note or message me on here.

im 18years old and been having the same feeling as you all get very light headed some days not all days scared to go out on my own i worry about everything i allways feel dizzy most of the day i go to the doctors and they think u r mad thats the first doctor what i went to see but the second doctor seems to be helping me out  i hate it when you out with someone going to the pictures or sumthing because i get very panicy and they are saying to whats up and you like leave me alone i suffer from very bad anxiety it just feel like you wanna run away most of the time i feel like im not there so is there any tablets you think i could try feels like im going mad thanks all
what a wonderful page! first of all if you look up "anxiety" on the internet it gives you symptoms that are NOT what we are all having, its ridiuclous how many people, even professionals do not understand that ALOT of people have very atypical symptoms of anxiety and thats why we all think we have, heart problems, brain turmors, low blood sugar, etc..what it should say it, DIZZY, SEEMING LIKE EVERYTHING IS HAZE, FEELING FAINT, BEING DISTURBED BY TO MANY COLORS, LIGHT etc..
I personally come down with all the symptoms you have described in cars, mall, restuarants, salons, boats, planes, and anywhere not at home pretty much. What you have to realize is most of the time these places bring it on, so half the battle is recognizing it is just a panic attack. a few of my worst attacks have been when I started shaking uncontrollably and my vision started going bye bye. literally, almost went down. who would think this was panic unless the right symptoms are represented in general information?! thats why this website it SO good. Also beause no one understands what your going through, ive gotten everything from "im always sick" to "your so weird" even to "your just trying to get attention". Honestly panic attacks are probably worse than alot of ACTUAL diseases out there, because they can come in so many forms. Sometimes i feel extremely nautious. like I need to throw up out of nowhere. and sometimes I feel like im going to faint. Its terrible. I recently started. .5 mg of lexipro. the second night i took it i woke up and felt TERRIBLE. sick/tired. and almost the worst derealization ive ever had like iw as in haze or dream it lasted all day, soi went down to .25 mg and am going toincrease gradually. The only thing that really helps me is taking a xanax immediately when i start to get symptoms. ugh how wonderful life would be if i were able to do what i want without fear of dying! I even feel better about things when i know im near a hospital...
All this is very helpful information.  I just had an episode I will call it earlier, so I searched the web which I try to stay away from cause sometimes it brings more issues.  This site was very helpful with all the info.  I will go days and sometimes weeks without having any symptoms. Lighthead dizzy going to faint weird feeling in chest feeling.  I to trust in God for the bible say in psalm 118:8 to trust in Him instaed of having confidence in man. I'm not trying to preach religion just relationship.  I really appreciate all the post. I know I'm not the only one. My doc to told me it's just anxiety I have Xanax but have not took any yet. Should I?
I suffer from this aswell! Didn't know it was called 'panic disorder' though, my doctor never told me that.
I was given Beta Blocker's to help my palpitations, they kinda help.
I suffer from Social Anxiety to Generalised Anxiety and from mild OCD.
When i'm out like say out shopping, i find it really hard to be relaxed, i'm always worrying about people looking at me cos i'm so self concious, so as soon as i get anxious i start feeling lightheaded, dizzy, nauseous, get all hot and sweaty and just get this overwhelming feeling that i'm going to faint.
And when i'm higher than ground level in say a shopping centre (a mall) it happens again, i can't go on lifts anymore cos i just can't cope with it, it's so weird.
It's really hard to get over, you just have to take it a step at a time, i'm getting a little bit better gradually.
I think the best thing to do is talk to your doctor who can help you, or a councellor.
x
Hi - I'm so glad I found this forum.  I have been feeling light headed and dizzy for about a month now and it's made me very depressed to the point where I'm crying for no reason.  My vision also goes blurry and I just feel horrible all the time.  I've been to the doctors and for my piece of mind she is doing blood tests, I'm also going to the Opticians because I just feel that something is wrong with my health.  I keep thinking I might have health anxiety but my doctor hasn't addresses this issue yet.  I love my life, my family etc so can't understand why I feel so depressed and why I think I'm going to die all the time from some horrible tumor or something etc.  Reading all your posts helps and I think I need to address this with my doctor ASAP - thanks again.
Im new here im always lightheaded and dizzy :( I feal as if i am alone and no one to talk to. i always think i am dying and dont got long to live.
I too suffer nearly identical symptoms as the rest of you.  I suffered what I can only assume was a panic attack nearly a year ago - April 18, 2008.  I had all the typical symptoms - I got extremely dizzy, things began to move, I couldn't breathe properly.  I thought I was having an aneurism (aneurysm) (sp?), heart attack, etc.  I definitely thought I was going to die right there...no question.

The only thing that makes me think it wasn't a panic attack is that it lasted quite long.  Although not as intense as it was at first, it went on for several hours.

Anyways, ever since, I am extremely dizzy, think like I may pass out - it is intensified depending on where I am, weak, rubbery legs, extreme fatigue, no matter how long I sleep, feeling outside myself, feeling numb, like I drank too much cough medicine, etc.

I've been on 10mg of cipralex for nearly 8 months, and although I don't feel as bad as I did a year ago, I still don't feel anywhere close to normal and don't know what to do.  I'm a 29-year-old sports writer, and I find myself weeping and screaming in my car on the way home because I simply can't live like this anymore.  

Anyways, my point is, and I'm trying my best to admit this is anxiety, although the physicality of it makes it very hard to that.  I'm just throwing this out there, but has anyone heard of "Electric Hypersensitivity".  Below is a link.  This is by no means what I think is happening to all of us or even some of us, I'm just looking for answers.  I know like many of you, fluroscent lights drive me crazy and I always give people and myself an electric shock.  Although my first panic attack happened when I was on a trip, feeling the way I feel happened when I started working in an office environment all day on the computer.  Perhaps this may explain some of this phenomenon.  Thanks, guys.  Just looking for feedback.

Electric Hypersensitivity:

http://www.ei-resource.org/illness-information/related-conditions/electrical-sensitivity-&-hypersensitivity/

HI everyone, my name is Lacey and i have been suffering from panic attacks since i was 15 and i am now 24, i used to be able to stop the attacks on my own if i felt it was coming on i could stop it in its tracks. so I havent had one in about four years. HOWEVER...i was on depo provera for a little over 2 years due to the fact that i was having side effects from the shot headaches all that great stuff. i was due to get my shot in February and decided i wasnt going to get it i was fine coming off of it at first and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. i was panicy nervous butterflys in my stomach and my heart was racing. I was also thinking i had every disease under the sun Cancer, my eye balls falling out you name it i thought i had it. i had the feeling that i wasnt real that i was in a dream that the wind really wasnt blowing on my face, then i started to realize that my hormones might be a little crazy from going off the shot...so i went to see a homeopathic MD..he is an actual MD went to medical school the whole nine. and he has been involved in some amazing medical research at sloan in nyc so he has credentials.also studied neurology and phsycology. so he looks at things from a medical standpoint and treats homeopathically. i know that alot of MDs frown on homeopathic medicine but he is an MD who doesnt. You also have to be carefull which homeopath you go and see cuz some of them are not ligit. so anyway i went to see him and he treated my symptoms and listened to every word i said he came to the conclusion that i was my hormones causing my panic and everything else. i meen i was wanting to rip my skin off! my boyfriend actually thought i was going nuts. i was crying all the time it was really bad. about a week after seeing my Dr. i felt like a new woman no more racing heart no more bad thoughts about death or dying no more laying on the couch not doing a thing. but now i am left with this light headed feeling that wont quit almost like im going to faint, and while im not in a constant state of panic anymore..i do still get panic attacks and i feel that from being in a state of panic all day everyday for about 3 weeks prior to when i went to see my doc that this a lingering effect of it, i have learned that meditation when done correctly works awesome, you feel grounded awake and all around better. i was in bad shape and i know exactly what everone is going through, it is not fun. so i went to see my DR again for the lightheaded stuff and we are working on gettin it to go away. Dont knock anything untill you try it because you would be surprised what will help you. along with the medicine he gave me he also told me that i need moderate exercise, and hobbies like somethin i am passionate about, and it has really helped for awhile i was throwing myself into books just to keep my mind occupied which wasnt such a good idea cuz i would strain my eyes and get headaches lol. this is a serious thing and the best thing to do is NOT just type in your symptom in google, because you could have a broken toe and the internet will tell you that you have cancer lol. the internet is good when you know what you have and what you are looking for. there is such a thing as too much info, and thats no good, that will just stir up the panic even more because symptoms of panic disorder are alot like symptoms of other crazy diseases.  hormone imbalance can stir up underlying conditions such as panic attacks. so its also a good idea to have your hormone balance checked and if there is a problem there and you fix it....it could resolve your panic disorder. its like my doctor told me because it runs in my family doesnt mean it has to be set in stone that i have to suffer too. my mother went through the same thing i am now every symptom included lightheaded panicy racing heart everything even when she was my exact age, my mom has been treated by our homeopathic MD for ten years..and frm one of her first visits her panic attacks are under control and all the symptoms are gone. i do not like chemical meds...as alot of you were saying,  but its worth a shot to try homeopathic medicine it takes a little longer than the cover up of chemical meds but it worth it in the end.  homeopathic medicine is like this "like treats like" if you have poison ivy they will treat you with poison ivy in a dilluted form, the point of it is that it helps the body heal itself naturally the way its supposed to be and there are no side effects. because chemical just covers things up in the end and when you dont take chemical meds anymore the symptoms return..its worth a shot because it has really helped me alot. although i do have some lingering stuff still my hormone arent exactly in check either yet it takes about 3 months. if there is a problem with your hormones definantly do the bioidentical treatment. you dont want the synthetic stuff believe me if i could get a loud speaker and the whole world could hear me i would ralley against depo and any other form of bcp's its bad stuff and they dont tell you everything you need to know...especially coming off of it when you have a history of panic attacks..best of luck to everyone and remember no one is alone in this
Hello Everyone!  First I would like to say that I am sorry for anyone who has to go through this...it is an AWEFUL feeling.  I don't think anyone can truly understand what it feels like unless they suffer from anxiety & depression.  I have suffered with anxiety attacks as long as I can remember.  I was told I had panic disorder when I began college. I don't really have the panic attacks as much anymore just more of a general anxiety now which stays with me almost all of the time.  This is the worst I've ever felt.  I feel dizzy almost ALL the time, my vision has become affected (the only way to describe it would be to have someone look cross eyed for about 30 seconds then try to look straight)  that is how I view things MOST of the time, I feel out of reality sometimes, I haven't been able to drive for long distances and hardly at all by myself for years, I feel like I cannot ever stop my mind from racing (always thinking & worrying)  Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy (pretty scary feeling) I feel like I cannot be alone, I second guess my decisions alot, have extreme difficulty concentrating, feel very scared and nervous. I have been going to talk to someone ever week, for a few months now.  My doctor prescribed lexapro about a month ago & I've been very back & forth on whether I wanted to get on any medicine.  Truthfully, I am SCARED TO DEATH of them.  I finally got the nerve to start this past Saturday.  Then, Saturday night I was reading online about the withdrawal symptoms when getting off the lexapro.  I was TERRIFEID...so I haven't taken a dose since.  I made an appt with my primary care doctor to go discuss this because I had NO idea about these withdrawals.  I don't know what to do.  LIVE WITH ANXIETY or take medicine that god only knows whatr it's doing to me????? I am scared, confused, anxious you name it.  Over the years, I believe from dealing with anxiety, I have developed a little bit of despression too.  I mean who wouldn't after feeling this way everyday.  I am always thinking, questioning life in general and wondering if I am the only one who ythinks this way.  I know I'm not but sometimes I wonder if anyone else thinks/feels the way I do and to this degree.  I guess that why people say "it could always be worse." Someone else has it worse than me, I'm sure.  But I have to say this is VERY REAL & it ***** to live this way.    
Dear Writers,

I have battled the exact same symptoms over the past year and a half. I don't know if my story will help any of you, though hearing others stories throughout my experience helped me tremendously.

Two years ago I was enrolled in law school full time. One morning during my holiday break, I began having very strange symptoms. I felt as though I was high on drugs; lightheaded, dizzy, confused and had blurred vision. I though that I may be coming down with something and took it easy throughout the rest of the day. This feeling continued of the next few days and I became terrified. My body went into overdrive as I thought that I had a serious health condition.

I cried and begged for somebody to take me to the hospital to get a full workup. At Cedars Sinai in LA, they told me I was just fine and prescribed a Xanax, based on my symptoms. (I have never had a history of any medical conditions) The symptoms continued to worsen over the next 2 weeks, in which I began to have suicidal thoughts, couldn't get out of bed and almost lost my vision completely. I had a tingling sensation throughout my entire body, I was shaking, sweating profusely, could not eat and had to stop driving. I did not sleep for nearly 4 nights straight, as the adrenaline in my system overtook the serotonin. At that point, I called home and told my family that I needed to leave school or that I might not make it through. I felt as though there was no way out except for suicide and the thoughts (those of which I had never had) were overwhelming. I felt that it was the only way out. I spend the 2 nights before flying home on the phone with the suicide hotline, just so that I could feel as if somebody was there to listen.

I dropped out of law school, left my car, apartment and all of my belongings on the other side of the country to return home. Once with my family, I saw a Psychiatrist who told me that my symptoms were textbook anxiety. I absolutely did not believe him. I spent thousands of dollars over the next 3 months having workup after workup at every hospital in the city, by every specialist imaginable. Well, it all pointed to one thing....ANXIETY!

I finally settled on seeing a specialty psychiatrist who is the director of a mood and anxiety disorders clinic. After having been on multiple anti-depressants and benzo's prescribed by various doctors, he settled on keeping me on one drug, Zoloft. I am only on 75mg which is just above the minimal effective dose.

Throughout my ordeal, I constantly felt as though my life was over. I told my family that I was probably never going to return to school, never have a job, never get married and live life as an indigent. Well, things actually got better on medication. It lifted the depression and the anxiety let up. I still had moments of irregular heartbeats, though my vision was back and all serious disturbances were a distant memory. I was also given Klonopin for intermittent anxiety, that of which I rarely use.

Last May, 5 months after my ordeal began, I decided to venture out and take a short weekend trip with a girlfriend of mine. I figured that it was a test of my courage to see if I could stand on my own, considering I had been living at home, having somebody care for me 24/7. Not only was my weekend getaway a success, I also met the man that I am marrying next week.

I told my fiancee 3 weeks after being together of my ordeal, terrified of what he might say. He told me that he understood and has struggled with anxiety himself for years. Whoa, what a relief!

I still struggle at times and most of my troubles are with the thoughts in my head. Anxiety is constantly on my mind. I do have severe bouts with dizziness and see and vestibular specialist for that issue. We are not sure if it is attributable to an inner ear issue or just anxiety. Either way, they feed of of one another.

I am living with anxiety, though it doesn't define me. I am now a more tolerant, courageous and understanding person of mental health and the world around me. I surely hope that my story reaches some of you and can provide hope.

Best wishes to all.
hi dizzygrl,

i had the exact same problem for about 4 months. When I finally went to the therapist he told me that passing out from this disorder is actually highly unlikely. From what I understand when you have a panic attack or are anxious, your blood pressure rises. In order for you to faint your blood pressure has to drop. I understand your pain though and I know how horrible it is. But just think...have you ever passed out? I think the worst part about anxiety is that we all talk ourselves into so much. Maybe confide in a friend and try doing small trips. The worst thing you could do is give into the fear and stay home - it just makes it worse, i speak from experience on this.
I also have a panic disorder. I am an athlete and it is messing up my performance. I have been on meds before but a lot of them have side-effects that mess with my muscle memory. its a catch 22. anyone have any suggestions? xanax has by far been the worst. I am useless on that stuff.
I started wearing dark shades...I felt better when I felt that I was invisible.lol. for real. Go to the store or mall, with your shades on..move quick and avoid conversation with anyone. Breath!! try not to think too much..sing a song the whole time: focus on remembering the lyrics, or text a friend. Keep your focus off of whats goin on around you to avoid over anylizing anything...get into your car, continue you song, and head home....i could almost guarantee you success...let me know how it goes..
This is exactly what i fell like all the time, it really puts me down and i fill like my lifes over. Im 16 and ive had it for about 2 months now. I feel dizzy all the time and like im in another world, i can't forget it or enjoy my life. I just want things to get back too normal and let me have a good time :) but i really do want someone too talk too.
Things seem to get alot worse before they get better. Its seem that once the chemicals in your brain spill over into parts of your brain that it shouldn't- we experience some type of hell. But yeah, I remember the dreamy feeling: i used to hide in the back seat of my ants car because the sun mad the world seem realy wierd. I felt high...mainly after eating sweets...check your blood sugar and preasure, also.
Thank yu for responsing. :) yes im like in a supermarket and i just think really werid things about people like how they was made and if there real! its mad! i have check my blood pressure and its the same as 5 years ago, its perfectly normal. I hate the feeling of dizzyness the most and feeling like im not here i just want a cure for that!!!
are u sleeping well? my dizziness ended but other problems started. so hopefuly you are in the biginning stages and are able to defeat it before it all begins. Watch your diet, drink water....
yes i get very tired easy. But last night when i layed down and closed my eyes i started getting dizzy and feeling sick :s sooo argh i duno it annoys me! yes ive started drinking loads of waterr : ) x thank you
do you eat lots of sweets? The first time I encountered this problem I had been starving myself to death. My stomach started to turn and it traveled to my head, and then I passed out. I fainted on a few occasion just out of the blue..but thats been over for some years. are you eating and if so what are you eating?
Wow...

I have suffered from Panic/Anxiety disorder for decades. i am almost 44, and can remember having problem all the back to when i was very young. I also suffer from very bad depression.

My Dizzy spells started about 12 years ago with a sudden burst of extreme dizziness, lasting just a few seconds, followed by a more mild dizziness that could last hours. Other times and days i would just be dizzy, ongoing, all day long, sometimes days or weeks at a time.

I had a cardiac work-up, a vertigo work-up, and other tests all to no avail. I will also from time to time get low blood sugar, but that has a very distinctive feeling, that I recognize, and is different from the other symptoms.

I have been on Lexapro for 2 years, before that Paxil for over 10 years, and Klonopin for 12 years+ as well. the only thing I can think of , is that it must be from the meds? Then worsened by the Panic Attack, Anxiety, followed by depression due to my continued poor health. A vicious downward cycle.

One explanation of dizziness and hypoglycemia in combination is that Adrenaline and Insulin are very similar, and as adrenaline is set off during fight or flight panic attacks, it is possible Insulin can be shot off as well, dropping blood sugar to extreme lows.

I hope this helps, and perhaps some here can help me in return, if any of this sounds familiar.

??? Anyone ???
Dont worry about any of that. Im 18 years old and i have that same issue. Incase you havent been told, Xanax is only temporary relief to what your going through. i was on it for the longest time before i decided i wanted my life back. Im currently on Paxil and Buspar. They have helped me out drastically. Now dont get me wrong i still have my days where i get really anxious and feel like i cant do anything and i know i prolly need to be on something else. Have you tried being on another medication?
Heya guys i also am a sufferer of panic attacks 3 years ago i started taking them,
it started from getting migraines which left me feeling dizzy then i started 2 become anxious thinkin al the worst things imaginable,
thought i had brain tumors blood clots heart problems u name it i thought i had it i suffered 4 many monthes it really took over my life, i couldnt even face work an i work as hairdresser so was awful that i couldnt stand on my feet to do hair....
i had medication at the time cant remember exactly wat it was but i new it wasnt working 4 me, but one day i took a visit 2 a chinese health shop an the man workin there spoke of a book called the power of now, no joke guys this book is amazing it makes u realise how much power ur mind has over your body.
i was cured from then until now although ive recently had a reoccurance off my panic attacks,
i was in work not that long ago an felt as if i was about to pass out my head was light i could hardly breath went numb down 1 side and my hands and feet wer freezing it was scary i panicked and an ambulance was rang then dun ecgs blood tests, blood pressure, diabetices check and loads more, i explained to the doctor i was experiencing light heads all the time  again and that i couldnt walk the length of myself without this happenening, so she recommended a brain scan i had a cr scan yesturday an get my results in 7 days,
hope this is al in my mind because ive beat this before im goin to Ibiza on the 15th of august prey 4 me i b ok out there with my friends, its a scary illness and wudnt wish it on worse enemy....
You are so not alone i am 26 yr old female and i started experiencing these anxiety attacks a few months ago..Wow i never realize what something can do to somebody i have gone to the ER twice because of them and me being scared..I am suppose to take med for it but i learn to deal with it myself..I have gotten alot better i am finally kind of out of  the scared stage ..But it seems like when you get used to one thing then something else happens to your body..When i go into the grocery stores i start freaking out especially when i go into the  back of the stores like wal mart i feel like i am closed in then i have to leave because i start feeling like i am going to pass out..
its so good u can talk with me about this its taking hold of my life again im even havin trouble driving at the min im only 20 and feel like my life has been taking over by these terrible things i hate the feeling that im just about 2 pass out and i never do its scary and i feel alone i would love to no what has sparked this off for me again :(
Well i am with you i have experienced like i am going to pass out which thank god i haven't i have never passed out in my life..Which i have read up on anxiety attacks and some people do pass out and some just feel like they are going to pass out..I have gone to this place called anxiety centre and it has all the symptoms of anxiety and believe me after you read the symptoms it makes you feel a little at ease because then you know what to expect with anxiety attacks....
Anybody on this forum that is worried about having anxiety attacks go under anxiety centre and you will go down the page a little bit and find a thing called anxiety symptoms and it will give you 100 of symptoms of anxiety..If that helps anyone which i am just giving a advice so people can read the symptoms to see if they are having them or not...
It's nice to know there's people out there who understand.. I have full blown panic attacks that last up to half an hour sometimes, where I literally get to thinkin I'm having a heart attack and going to die. Most of the time I end up goin to a bathroom and throwing up until I feel better, my heart races and I get really hot & numb. Like some of yall I've been to doctors and they've told me nothing was wrong with me. I just wish they would go away but nobody seems to have an answer.
i have had panic attacks for years and my life has been totally taken over by them , i dont do nothing anymore , i cant take walks , i cant go shopping , and i cant be anywhere without being scared to death iam going to have a panic attack , i get dizzy also , my heart races , i get sick to my stomach , i feel , no i want to run away from it, but how can i run from me?, i feel trapped , i feel like iam going to die , i have lied many times to my friends , saying well i have to go do this or that because iam so ashamed that i feel like i do , i want my life back , and the thing is we (i ) dont want to die , but i would rather be dead then feel like i do , i want to enjoy living again , i want to be happy , this has truly mesed my world up , iam always crying , iam so scared i will never agian find me .
I think you will find you, but it may not be 100% the old you: and that can be a good thing. Its all about a new and more positive way of thinking: renewing the mind. Although you may not be a Jesus freak He does speak about renewing your mind to a more positive way of thinking. "unforegiveness" will kill, whether you'r not forgiving other ore your self. This is my problem: I dwell on things that I cant change, all day, till the point of feeling like you discribed. I said that same thing, "i'll never get me back", until I found a way not to give a darn about thing: I cared too much. I had my breakthroughs, and now have my ups and downs, but do to the way I think; im negative. Even if i'm right I have to find a way to forgive and forget, or not stress about it. I found it, and it's renewing my mind or reconditioning my mind to think differently, but cant hold on to it...its like I love to solve cases, and like I could hear lies really easily: I know when someone is tryin to get over on me and I entertain my thoughts. Its hard to walk away.
Hi, everyone, I just stumbled upon this forum today. I think I have the same problem as many of you. I've had a little anxiety off and on before, but it never lasted too long. Then about seven weeks ago I started having constant head and neck aches and a ear ache in my left ear. This really scared me because I kept thinking that I have a tumor and I'm going to die. I had a cat scan done and an mri about 5 weeks ago. I have also done blood and urine tests. They said everything looked normal and that I have a sinus infection and that is the cause of these symptoms. Since then the head aches and neck aches have diminished a lot, but I still get the earaches regularly and my lymph nodes under my jaw have been swollen. I have taken several antibiotics for this infection but it still hasn't gone completely away. No matter what I can't shake the feeling that the doctors are wrong and that I have cancer or some other disease. This Sunday while at work I had this really bad feeling that I was going to pass out and I also had a little nausea and a little blurred vision when looking at store signs. I felt really out of it for most that day and the next day. I went to the doctor Tuesday and had blood and urine tests done as well as a ekg because she said my heart rate was a little slow. All the tests came out normal. Then the next day at work it happened again. After work I took a nap hoping I would wake up feeling better, but when I woke up to my alarm I thought I was having a heart attack. It scared me so much that I went to the ER. They did another EKG aswell as a chest x-ray and blood and urine work. Everything was normal. I went home feeling better that night. Then today at work I felt really dizzy most of the day. I almost positive this is anxiety but I still can't shake the fear that I have some deadly illness. I still have a bit of a ear ache and my neck feels a little tight in the front, but my lymph nodes seem to be almost back to normal. I work and go to school full time so I can't let this anxiety take over. At least I know I'm am not the only one.    
Hey everyone, just found this forum and joined today.  I started having panic attacks late last year, and nowadays i tend to find myself unable to relax and worrying as soon as I have a minute alone, usually its when i go to bed I cant unwind and my heart starts racing.  I'm fine when I'm at work and I'm busy, and a good diet and hitting the gym 3 times a week helps, but recently I've been ill so I've been off work and the gym, which has started me worrying again.  Also I get panicky and chest pains after a big meal, does anyone else get that?  Just so you know, I'm 6'0 and 163 pounds, with no history of any heart problems.
I always find reading other peoples experiences with anxiety helps me calm down, its good to know there are people going through the same thing.
I thank God I found this forum! I am also experiencing all the symptoms you have....It is a very sad thing that people including my wife and my family would not understand me. Well anyway let us keep praying that we all get well. Also, I just want to ask, do some of you who are experiencing these problems are in any way exposed to fiberglass resin and some butyl / asphalt based sound deadening use in Car Audio? I am hoping/thinking that these things are causing my dizziness...thanks
Hi, I just wanted to say that I have just started getting these attacks a little under a year ago and I am 43. I went to Dr and he put me on zoloft which didn't help at first then he up the dosage and also added wilbutrin and I have finally felt like me again. I have my energy back, I don't feel like I am dragging in everything and have my interests back, want to leave the house instead of staying home. I do still have attacks once in a while probably like 1 every 2-3 months. The medicine does work, but you have to experiment with different brands and dosage. I have a good friend same story but finding her right med was not as easy as mine, but she finally did get on a combination that works and she is doing well now too.
I feel the same as everyone. Always being lightheaded is the worst part. I was so focused before and nothing got in my way. Now this! Everything happens for a reason. I worry about everything now. Its funny how your mind takes control of you. Control can be gained back though. I will get my life back. I have been dealing with this for about a week now. Once I recognized it as a problem it got worse. The vicious cycle continues. Went to the doctor. Did blood work and said everything was fine. Was fine for one day! Then woke up the next day scared again. Thought well what if he missed something. What if I need an MRI or CAT scan to find what is really wrong. Had some bad dizzy spells and got scared. I love sleep. Its so peaceful.

I guess a lot of things have changed in my life. Going from chasing professional hockey to going to college and giving up the dream. From being alone, feeling lonely. Hockey was such a big part of my life. The last 15 years of it. Im 20. Now its over. Well I am playing at UT but its not NCAA. Its not over. But it is right now. I loved playing junior. I should be playing now. But I cant.

I miss me.

I want to get to the root of the anxiety.
It's almost like we're not meant to be us, at the moment. It seems the everytime we find that up, as if everythings goint to be ok, something or someone else comes full force to bring us down: the devil, maybe. I got a big giant lump under my chin: stress aint no joke! I need to get my own place so that I can hide myself...I could do the phone better, dont want to be social. Liquor hurts my stomach now. All havens are being burned down. I'm in the open now: just me and the enemy (the world). who's gonna win this battles...Im not suicidle, damn.
What about plain old hypoglocemia-all the same symptoms
I am a 33 yr old male who has suffered through anxiety attacks ever since I was about 12. I have been able to deal with them for the most part by mainly avoiding the situations that cause them however lately I am having a new symptom. I am always dizzy and lightheaded and feel like I am going to faint, but there are no other symptoms..no racing heart or sweating. My doctor has me on Klonopin 2mg 3 times daily but i never take that much, Heck 1 mg once a day makes me feel like a drunk all slurring my speech. I am married and have a little girl and I am constantly worried I am going to lose them both because my job is just about to let me go since I am no longer able to be at work everyday. Some days Im not dizzy at all, but today I had to leave and come home because it was just too much. I have both short and long term disability insurance at work, does anyone know if severe anxiety is something that qualifies for payments, I sure hope so because if I dont do something soon Im going to lose my house family and all that is important to me....as well as my mind
yep, not alone, heavy panic disorder heavy dizziness
im in this case too..
but when i have my panic attack...
I start coughing... and i have a popping thing in my chest. I've done a CatScan my bones are fine... but I have this thing like a popping bone on the right side of my diaphragm..
No doctor can figure it out why its popping.. they say nerve, muscle w/e it is.

Im starting to accept that I have anxiety problems..  
i too am currently having 'issues' whether it be anxiety or what i dont know. Awaiting results from CT scan.. and hopefully it will be all clear. just want to ask everyone.. but does your heavy head happen all day long and never seems to ease? and on and off dizziness spells. the back of my neck / head is always tense. my eyes are constantly 'wrong' and its at a point that i will not drive for fear of having an accident- more so that having the children in the car makes the idea worse. My sleep is different then before. i actually sleep better now getting a good 8 hours at least.. but i wake up and my eyes are burning my neck is tense and it all continues.
My issues started i think because of the contraceptive pill i was taking.. Yasmin. every time i would stop for the required 7 days i would get chest pain and palpitations. Could the anxiety be related to the pill? i have stopped taking the pill because of always feeling horrible for the 7 days when i was off them. but i felt great when i was actually taking the pill. ive had hormonal levels checked and doc says they are fine..
other symptoms i have had are nausea , felling of being drunk without any alcohol (eyes and head not working together), sore arms and legs, u name it ive probably had it.. or going to get it.. left breast pain and chest pain i think started it all off.

how are people dealing with it? what do you do to relax? its been nearly 6 weeks for me and ive never had this before. yes to odd anxiety attack when on planes and something with the kids being kids (not playing too carefully or something), but this is a constant thing.. aaarrrggghhh..

i too just want me back.. and i know my husband and family want me back to.

good luck to all and hopefully those that started this thread have found an answer they needed.

Hey dizzygirl!!! I am a 25/ F and I to recently got these symptoms out of no where... So I can relate I wanted to ask is it dizziness your feeling or depersonalization?? I used to confuse them alot til I started doing my research and I found a site called anxietycentre.com and click symptoms and you will find that in that horrid list of symptoms it's in there!!! I have alot of the symptoms that being my main complaint as well as blurry vision, and cronic (chronic) all day chest pain!!! As well as many other things.. This is all new to me and I don't wish it apon anyone and no one understands completly I totally understand that.. I am in denial and I am scared!!!
I am very happy I found this site. I have been dealing with anxiety issues myself over the last few years. A couple weeks ago I was climbing a ladder in my house to fix a ceiling fan that was moving and while looking up and climbing I got a bad case of vertigo. It settled down after a few hours, but ever since then I can't shake this idea that there is something wrong with my head. I have also had lightheated feelings since the ladder climbing issue. I have difficulty shaking bad feelings which only increases my anxiety in the process.
Wow so many young people with anxiety, i bet it wasn't like this inthe past generations. Our world is killing us...
Help!
in the last few weeks i have started t get hot flushes, dizzy spells, ect...
it can happen at any time first of all i get an hot flush followed by a sickly feeling, usually followed by an incredi..... fear this triggers a rapid heart beat and complete panic, also tingling in hands and face! this is all becoming embarr.....  as i could be anywhere at the time.
reading alot of the posts have made me reach the conclusion iam having panic attacks.
yea well i took everything that i could, i have a bad case of panick attacks, i was going to die when i was young, but the dr fixxed me up but he told my mom that i was going to have some problems when i get older, sure enough i did, allways nervous allways worried for no reason at all sometime, allways distorting stuff ,then when i turned 11 years old, i had tubes put into my ears, so they put me to sleep, i had that GAS , damn that stuff really messed me up,, when i was under i had a bad dream that i was up in space and someone was chacing me, all i seen was black and white, and floating in space, -- the dr woke me up and said, take some nice small breaths, so i eventually did and slept. but what happened to me wfter that just killed me,   i allways felt like i wansnat there,  i whould get this weird feeling of unreality, just like i wasnt there, felt numb, so i was wfraid to go into big churches, and stores, anything that was big, i couldnt go, later when i got older, i had a real panick attack, they werent good, im 42 now, and this started when i was 11, ive taken all kinds of meds, one med that was good for me was paxil, but thats about it, i had 12 typs of other meds and nothing seemed to work, but anyway, i still have a hard time going outside, cause now i cant take any open areas, i kust go nuts, andi get thepanick pretty bad, its terrible when the only thing you can do is stay in,,, not good, i really hate this life, and ill allways hate it, so im still taking the klonopins not as nuch as b4 its only .05, twice a day --4 times a day.. and i think i have agoraphoibia, wish there was something 4 my prob but theres not, i have to live like this every day,,, well id like to have some comments about it if you have any time, ty vic....
I have the same problem as most.  3 months ago out of nowhere I started feeling light headed and dizzy.  I got so bad after the first week I went to the ER.  They did blood work, CT, and EKG, everything came out ok.  I feel lightheaded now everyday of the week.  Ive been put on prozac , it didnt work and celexa and that didnt work.  I get so bad I start sweating and feel like I am going to faint.  I dont know how I did not faint a few times.  I wore a 24hr heart monitor, it checked out ok. Ive had complete blood work done twice.  Tomorrow I am getting an MRI done on my head.  Please wish me luck!!
I am so scared its something serious.  The attacks come out of nowhere!  It really scary!!
hi i had your problem and i solved it within three days! I came acorss a book and didnt get to much information out of it except for what helpe me the most. it is so wierd how something so simple helped me out and it made sooo much sence so please hear me out. Ok when you feel dizzy and hot and all that stuff that means your clearly anxious. Your mind begs for you to not be anxious because it worries so much about basicly nothing. But when we have these symptoms of panic, we get worried and scared. We then worry about having a panic attack or being dizzy. So we are basically being worried 24/7 (can you see the cycle, being worried, fear, syptoms (symptoms), worrieing about your symptoms, panic!) If you can just break one of those the cycle is over! It is easiest to break the worring about your symtoms (symptoms) one belive me. When you feel dizzy or hot or what not. ACCEPT it, it cant hurt you just say ok im dizzy cool. Accept the thoughts of fear pushing them away just makes you more anxious. Accept how you feel and i promis it will go away. I used to not go into school because i would have panic attacks legit every class. I came across the book and went to school the next day and when i would feel lightheaded or dizzy i just went along with it and didnt worry. i said ok if i worry my anxietys going to stick around so i accepted how i felt. This was the best choice of my life. i finished school and felt great. When ever i have a symptom of anxiety i accept the symptom and it goes away very quickly my anxiety also has decresed in a week from 100 percent of fear and worry to about 20 percent and i truly believe it will be all gone in a month. ACCEPT HOW YOU FEEL!! it will go away!!! continue what you do everyday when you didnt have anxiety and when you do notice a symptom accetpt it you will be feelin yourself in no time!!
Hey, uhm I'm constantly dizzy and my head hurts and also my stomach is always uneasy and I have no idea what's wrong with me, I keep crying and my back hurts and I always have to struggle through the day. I'm constantly exhausted no matter how much I sleep. I used to smoke weed and I actually felt more awake when I did. And now I don't and I don't even smoke or drink or anything I just wanna know what's wrong with me.
I'm having problems with lightheadedness and anxiety. I went to the doctor and she told me the anxiety was due to stress. I didn't want to take any medication. I decided to stop drinking caffine. After, I stopped drinking caffine my anxiety and jitters went away. Now, if I have one glass of caffine I have really really bad anxiety a couple hours after drinking it and will last all night. If anyone has anxiety try not drinking caffine for a week and see if it gets better. My anxiety was so bad that I didn't want to go to the store alone. I didn't want to drive thinking I might crash or blackout. I coundn't fall asleep because I would start having panic attacks. It's amazing how something so small can ruin your life. Recently, I started having lightheadness. Does anyone have lightheadness from medication? It started around the time I started taking my medication.
Hi guys, i had few of those over past years and i did not think that's something serious. but suddenly over past few months this is getting worse and I'm struggling to function normally. i have a gastritis at the same time and any time it strikes me i think my ulcer started bleeding inside of me and that's the reason i feel lightheaded. i fear i,m gonna just  past out somewhere and die of internal bleeding. I'm freaking scared of this **** and the quality of my life dropped drastically  i don't have  will to do anything than just to sit at home in front of tv. even my libido is down the drain and the hardest part is that the closest people to me just say shake it of, or don't  worry so much, or go to gym. i'm trying to shake it of and just go through it, i,m going to gym but nothing helps. it feels like all the joy of my life is gone. is there any hope to get rid of this because i want so much more of my life and i feel handicapped.
Omg I suffer the same way....and its so fuinny the lights bother me...I constantly blink my eyes and strain them in walmart...lol...but seriously I am constantly dizzy...constantly lightheaded....feel shaky inside...legs are weak and heavy...I've had every test and have b een to at least 15 doctors all whom say I have anxiety....zoloft helped me for like 3 yrs and now I'm back where I started....I am currently yaking ativan .5mg like once a day and that helps..I have an appt next Friday with psychologist so well see what happens....I know it ***** and I know it feels like u are alone b ut ur not....
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the posts, it is good in a way to know that you are not alone in this struggle...  Does anyone else feel lightheaded/faint all the time?  I am trying to convince myself after almost 10 years that all this is is anxiety, but I'm still not there...  Over the years I have had so many blood tests, brain MRI, and heart tests (though that test was about 4 years ago) that someone rational should believe they do not have some terrible disease by now....

I am 38 and used to be very athletic, playing soccer and going to the gym.  I have been fairly inactive for a couple of years now.  If I even do ANYTHING physical, trying to ride a bike, light weight lifting or even sex, I feel terrible, like I am going to pass out (though I have never fainted in my life).  And this lightheaded/faint feeling never goes away!  It's here all day long!  And over the years it has gotten worse and worse to the point I'm at today where I am completely inactive....  I feel like i'm barely the same person anymore.
Had very terrible side effects with lexapro which enhanced my anxiety 100%.  I have been terribly anxious ever since (6months ago) and I only took lexapro for 4 days.  I am worse now than I was before the lexapro......any advice??
Currently taking .25 xanax twice a day.
hi there i cant give you any suggestions regarding what to do but can relate to how you are feeling.. this happened to me too.. i was on cipralex (equivalent to lexapro) for 7 weeks and the first 3 4 weeks were horrible. - i was determined to keep going with them though but after 7 weeks i still felt horrible so i tappered off them and have since still had horrible anxiety since. its been 5 months since it started and still trying to find a way to get out of the cycle.
my current issues are blurry eyes, neck head tension and dizziness.
its worse when i know i need to drive.. esp with school runs- not pleasant at all..
good luck
Hi everyone, I am a 25 year old female who has been suffering from lightheadedness/dizziness for the past 2 years. I used to be such a happy and independent girl until I had my first panic attack. I too did not believe the doctors at the ER when they told me all my tests came back positive and that its just anxiety. I no longer enjoy doing things
i used to love to do, I hate going shopping because I get really dizzy in crowded places such as Target, Costco or Best Buy. I dont like driving because Im afraid I will get stuck in traffic and will have no way to escape. I was prescribed Lexapro but I dont feel like its safe to take it because I hear it can increase the chance of suicidal thoughts. My panic attacks/generalized anxiety disorder is really interfering with my relationship with my boyfriend and also my performance at work. I dont know what to do, I feel like im so alone on this, but I am so glad I found this forum, now i know Im not the only one who is going through this : )
annie1984 i have everything you've mentioned.. even worse, im sure.

anyway,
it does help knowing other people can relate.. but even knowing that, i still feel all alone. i dont want to live this life in constant worry and fear and pain.. i dont want to think every second of my life that somethings wrong with me.. i dont want to lay around because im too afraid to go here or too tired to go there... i dont want to be worn out from all of my anxiety to the point where i dont even leave my bed..i want to smile again, and actually mean it.. i want to see more out of my life than just my anxiety. i want to know that this can go away.. that im truly not gonna go on this way forever. i dont want to be dizzy and lightheaded anymore, i dont want to have anxiety pains.. i dont want to feel like im going to suffocate.. i just want to stop focusing on my breathing and i just want to breathe... i dont want to be sad.. i want to enjoy this life, after all... im only 18.. i deserve to be happy.. to be able to be alone.. and not be afraid of having a panic attack that feels like a heart attack.. i just wish this never happened.. i wish there were a cure..
2014kristen, every morning I wake up hoping for a cure. I am also tired of this constant lightheadedness, im only 25, I have so many good years to look forward to but this constant anxiety and fear is keeping me from enjoying life. Nothing makes me happy, nothing. The only thing that gets me soooo incredibly happy is that few minutes throughout the day that i dont feel dizzy or lightheaded.
sounds like me and you are in the same place.. therapy doesnt do anything.. nor does medicine.. so what are we to do?
wow - I can't believe I came across this.  God bless the poster.  After the birth of my daughter my back was injured during delivery.  She is 4 now but the injury is still there.  I have had anxiety since I was 12 years old when I had my first panic attack.  I am now 32 and I felt I was learning to deal with it until this dizziness and light headed/fainting feeling started to happen.  I will wake up absolutely fine from sleep but about an hour later it begins.  The last couple of weeks have been the worst and I have cried almost daily.   It is incredibly comforting to see this is only anxiety (since I was thinking the worst).  Every couple of years the symptoms of anxiety tend to change.  It's like it chooses the weak spots of the body and lingers until you finally deal with it and then sets in somewhere else.  Good luck to everyone.  I am so glad to have found this comforting place!
Kitty213,

OMG, I feel the same way. When I wake up I feel fine until about an hour later, I start getting dizzy and lightheaded. WoW...I though I was the only one feeling this way. What can we do about this? The only thing I can think of that can help us overcome this is to change our perspective on life. We need to start thinking only positive thoughts and also we need to start ignoring our dizziness. What do u guys think, do u think this is a good way to start curing ourselves naturally?
Im sorry, typo, change our perception, not perspective.....
By the way ladies....do your symptoms get like 10 times worse during your menstrual cycle? During my menstrual week I feel 10 times more dizzy and lightheaded : (
Maybe this will help a little bit.a therapist explained that my dizzy light headed feelings were caused by the adrenaline rush you get during a panic attack. So if you let this frighten you, that will induce another panic attack which will cause more dizziness which causes more panic and so on. To stop this vicious cycle you have to learn to let it pass. Say to youself "yes I'm dizzy, it's no big deal, it can't hurt me and it will pass". I know it sounds cheesy, but it works. I hope this helps, but I really suggest you see a therapist, anxiety dosn't go away on its own. Good luck
It always pass on its own if u do not add 2nd fear and stress/doubt about it.
The reason why it last for so long is,that is just how a human nervous system works,if one view light headness as a threat..then ur nervous system will keep u on high alert..pumping more adrenaline thus causing more symptoms
It always amazes me reading these posts from people..... A little comfort, knowing I'm not alone...that this seems to be a shared ailment, this constant lightheaded sensation that leads to extreme anxiety and panic disorders.
My quality of life has been deeply effected by this. what started as a mild feeling of light headedness over two years ago had blossomed into a full blown affliction, as it has gotten worse, so has my anxiety.
and my mind is a cage in which i have trapped myself inside.
i am starting therapy...hoping for the light at the end of the tunnel
Doctors have ruled out heart disease, brain tumor, hyperthyroidism....but what I am still worried about is the possibility of having MS. I know that panic disorder/generalized anxiety disorder symptoms are very similar to symptoms of MS. I've heard that its very difficult to diagnose MS. MS is usually diagnosed at the late stages of the disease. If I do have MS, I would like to know early. I don't know, but I've been told by doctors that I have panic disorder/generalized anxiety disorder. But sometimes I still feel like I have something more serious. I guess I'm in denial. Anyone in the same both as I?  
im going through the same stuff but when im wearing my glasses the dizzyness goes away but i got blood work and im peerfectly normall im taking .5mg of ativan but its not working
here i am back again...looking for a little comfort.
through the past two years of this constant lightheaded sensation (which has gotten worse over the past 8 months) and now has begun happening when i am sitting and laying down as well ;( I always had 1 thing that helped....sleep, oh i could sleep so well.
but suddenly this past week i have been having the strangest sleep disturbances, way beyond your typical insomnia.
every time i am just about to fall to sleep i get this huge jolt of adrenaline which surges through my whole body and makes my heart pound in my chest.
the other night it was so bad that i literally could not sleep all night.
which created this vicious cycle of anxiety, now i am scared to go to bed and find that it is still happening....last night i took a bunch of sleeping pills and finally conked out but i awoke in the morning with the same anxiety attack i went to bed with!
my anxiety attacks are not the full fledged ones, i just get dry mouth an anxious tummy and that weird disconnected feeling about everything, freaks me out these sensations have been more frequent and random as of late.
and with the sleep issues on top of it all, well i feel as if i am truly losing my mind.
has anyone else ever had those strange adrenaline surges while trying to sleep?
let me know, and if it ever will go away..... :(
I have felt the same adrenaline surges.  I have dizzyness which has gotten better. I get scared when I go out to the stores or commute to work where my legs tremble and I shake because I dont want to have a panic attack.  Everyone says it eventually goes away.  Its hard because we all want our lives back.  
Going through the same crap as everybody else. Started suddenly on the Greyhound Bus in early November. It was after a week of partying and I thought I was having a heart attack on the bus. Worst couple hours of my life ever. Was given Xanax to take if I start really freaking out. Trying a regiment of St. John's Wort first before giving into daily prescription drugs. Hopefully it'll work. Considering just up and moving away from my current situation. Maybe it's too high stress in my current work/living situation. Then again, moving somewhere new brings a lot of stress with it as well.
I'm waiting for a switch to flip and for my life to return to normal. Guess that's not gonna happen, but hopefully I can get up and running again.

Anybody notice that their anxiety is especially worse after consuming alcohol? I've given up caffeine and nicotine, but still enjoy a few beers now and then.
I can TOTALLY relate to many of the things being posted here.  I am 41 and my amxiety has gotten progrssivley worse over the last 10 years. I constantly feel like I have some desease that nobody can detect.  The problem is people with anxiety spend hours researching there symptoms and find all sorts of horrible things that it can be.  The reality is the odds are it is just anxiety.  But we go down the what if path...
I too had the surges of adrinaline at night.  Just as I was going to sleep. You know right at that moment when you are just about to nod off and zap I would be jolted awake.  It felp like I was literally getting a huge jolt of energy through my brain.  WEIRD and SCARY!  I would wake up over and over.  Some nights it was so bad I didn't sleep at all. I was so afraid that I was dying of a brain tumor or cancer or MS...you now the drill...Anyway, here is my story.
I have had mild anxiety for the last few years.  I have even had panic attacks during the day that have sent me to the ER.  But after getting off birth control three months ago I immediately began having these panic attacks at night.  Just like most people, I assumed that there was something terribly wrong with me. There are no word to explain the hopelessness and fear that I felt. I began to fear my bed.  I was having 5-10 attacks a night.  Some nights I was not sleeping at all due to the constant attacks. The attacks would occur in the second part of my monthly cycle. I would spend hours researching the internet, reading books, and talking to people.  When nothing was working I tried hormone therapy. I did this because I read in a couple of books that sometimes panic disorder is a misdiagnoses for hormonal imbalance. When the anti-anxiety meds were not helping me sleep, this is when I opened my mind to the idea that maybe my attacks were due to hormonal imbalance. The fact that it all started when I got off of YAZ birth control, made me suspect hormones as well. .
I went to see a doctor who specializes in all natural hormones and he put me on small doses of cortisol, and progesterone.  The first night that I still had the attacks, I called him the next morning.  He had me change my progesterone dosage to 4 times what I was already doing.  He also had me take them before I went to bed.  I have not had an attack since.  Obviously, not all panic is due to hormonal imbalance, but I am sharing my story because I think that it is an avenue that is worth checking out.  I would hate to think that I may have continued to increase the dosage of the anti-anxiety medicine each month when I could have stopped the attacks with natural progesterone. Oh and by the way, since taking these hormones my daily anxiety has decreased as well. I am by no means anxiety free BUT I have gotten rid of those nightly brain zaps (as I called them) and that means so much to me. There is an answer to why your body is doing this, just don’t give up. You will find the right doctor who will help you.  
Oh and by the way I was diagnoised with painc diorder several years ago, but when trying lexapro (per the doctors instructions) my anxiety got worse. So that is when I decided that anti-anxiety drugs were not for me. I had also tried Wellbutrin and Klonipin (klonopin).  They were just masking the symptoms not helping the problem and in some cases like wih Lexapro they made matters worse.  Try progesterone cream on day 15 of your cycle for 15 days if you suspect hormone imbalnace and if the anxiety seems to be worse before your period.
I have given up caffiene, given up sugar, tried Prozac for years, I don't work but I do have 5 kids. The more kids I had, the worse I got. The more weight I gain, the worse it gets. This has been going on for 14 years. NOTHING helps it. I finally quit asking the doctor to run tests 3 years ago. It was a waste of $. No therapy has helped, no book has helped, nothing. So now, I am 31 years old, married, with 5 kids, and basically agorophobic. :(
IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE DAILY SUPPORT BUDDIES~MESSAGE ME!
I have felt light headed and dizzy everyday for about two weeks now.  I feel like I could just pass out at anytime.  I feel alot worse when I leave the house.  I have had ekg and blood work done and all are normal. I feel good for about the first hour of the day then I start to get dizzy.  I also have had trouble with being able to focus with my vision. Has anyone out there had any luck with medication? I am feeling really lost and afraid right now. This page is a relief.  I just don't know what could bring this symptoms so sudden.  I have never had high anxiety in the past.  It seems like the anxiety only comes after I feel dizzy and lightheaded.  This really *****.
I wanted to ask you all if you all can go to the dentist? And how do you cope? I can barely leave home, much less make it to a dentist office!
Hi Im Anthony, I am also feeling the same way too. I started feeling that after I went to my doctor about GERD or acid reflux. On that day I felt that I was having a heart attack or something because I cant breathe and Im feeling dizzy it's like Im flying. My doctor told me that its just an acid reflux and I just felt nervous thats why i felt dizzy. They said its caused by too much drinking and eating fatty foods. So I refrain from drinking and eating oily foods however it seems that its getting worse everyday and I feel like Im always weak. I was able to get over that situation and the next thing I felt was that PANIC DISORDER.. That thing really affects my daily life especially my work an my family. Until I found this forum and it helps me lot. ITS ALL IN THE MIND.. Thanks Guys!!!
yes,i do suffered from acid reflux before and it was caused by anxiety,releasing too much acid into my stomach,its a sensation of like the food being washed up ur throat,its terrible and it can caused chestpain too,i ended up at the AE because of this.I also had light headed and unstatisfied to get a full breathe and its very annoying.
I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety/panic disorder. I am constantly dizzy/lightheaded. My dizziness gets worse at work, I have left work twice already because the dizziness got so intense and I couldn't concentrate. I am afraid I'm going to lose my job, I need income, I cannot afford to lose my job. I'm so scared, what should I do? I just wish I can enjoy life again like I used to when I didn't have this constant lightheaded sensation :(
Try Cranial sacral therapy, it has helped me with my symptoms alot!
I recommend it to everyone on here actually :)
I'm SOOOO relieved to find this page. I feel exactly like all of you do. It is SO frustrating. I'm just so happy to know that I am not CRAZY and i'm not alone. I wish you all the best of luck. No one seems to understand what it feels like unless they have it. Do any of you take anything natural or herbal???? I want to try and look into that. I was on Lexapro and I HATE it. I am no longer taking it. Please let me know what natural things you guys have tried.

oh and to the girl that asked if anyone's anxiety/dizziness/etc was worse while PMSing? YES!!!! TIMES A MILLION!!!! it's horrible. i feel your pain.
I have a panic disorder, the last few months have been really bad, I actually had the same thing about 7 years ago and fixed it with Zoloft, and I have been fine until now.  I went back to my Doctor and she put me on Zoloft again, I dont really remember how I reacted to it at first last time, but this time it is horrible. Im only on day 4, but something had better change for the good real soon.  My side effects seem to be normal for Zoloft but just not sure if to this extreme.  I have been extremely tired, I usually pass out for about 2 or 3 hours after taking the pill, I wake up usually sweating and having had some pretty full on dreams.  Diarreah (diarrhea) of course.  A little nausea.  But its the dizziness that I can't handle, Ive been lying down for 3 days straight because when I get up to walk or stand in the shower I get really weak and dizzy and just panic and rush to lay down.  Im confused if this is dizziness from the medication, or my anxiety.  Anyway, I will give it another couple of days and see if things get better, but I really can't go on like this, I can't function, I cant leave my apartment to work or shop, the weakness and dizziness has me held hostage...
Has anyone tried Valarian (the herbal capsules) for anxiety and panic? Did it help reduce the lightheadedness due to panic and anxiety attacks?
I have read about several natural things such as kava, valerian, st johns wort, L-theanine.........even vitamins such as b-complex. But I am too scared to try anything.
WOW I am 23 and just started feeling this way...so I just read almost all these forums you have no idea how relieved I feel right now....It is actually for once so nice to hear that there is more people having the same thoughts and fears as me and this is what caused there anxiety/panic attacks......I get real dizzy and my vision starts going out and I feel like I am going to pass out and then I try not to so I panic and I get fast heart beat, sweaty, the shakes and tingly feeling in my fingers.....I recently did all the sam test as well and since I went to the ER and they got to record one of my attacks they want to put me on a heart monitor for a month to see if my heart is good or what not....all the other test I have done have come up negative...but they want to be sure.....so if you reading this does this sound like a panic attack or anxiety attack? I mean I know all of you on here have different symptoms and they all seem pretty close to mine....I have kinda learned to control it when I start feeling an attack coming I either walk away from a situation or I breathe calmly....But no matter what I still feel lik dizzy sick light headed 24/7 and it drives me crazy I also get minor headaches not like long lasting one I get lil short bursts of pain....I am on no medication as of now until I wear the heart monitor thing. I have just started having these attack about a week ago so I am still kinda not sure....just a lil back ground of me as well I had a daughter 9 months ago I recently lost 20 pounds to diet and excersice...I lost 20 pound in about 3 months my husband has been deployed and is returning in 2 weeks (this was our first time being apart) but I was fine all the way up until him coming home....all I can think of is bad things like I wont get to see him or I am going to die of a brain tumor or heart condition b4 I see him I feel crazy.....anyways Does this sound Like I have serious problems I am thinking about talking to someone...My family doesn't understand at all other than my sister since she has been through the same thing...but I talked to my husband about it and he says h doesn't want me to become some druggy or relay on drugs to keep me calm I don't know what to do I feel like I need to go behind his back to get help b/c he doesn't understand....anyways I feel foggy as I write this so I hope this makes sense.
Thank you
Just had a couple of fun days in the hosp... they ruled out my heart, lungs, blood preasure/suger etc.  They even did a stress test and CT.  Doc thinks I might have an anxiety disorder and had a panic attack, but honestly my life is pretty stress free.  I now have the same problem as most of you... constanst dizzyness, feels like a beer buzz. They gave me .25mg xanax 3 times a day, but after one day, I still don't feel any  better.  I'm meeting with my regular doc on Tues and wanted to talk about other med options.  I have read about the meds that have not been working for others and was wondering which ones have... the dizziness has to go.  I am going for some Craniosacral massage therapy on Sat and will let you know how that goes.  So with that, what meds have been working for you?  Thanks!
omg..i am so happpy to find this site...I have been going crazy with what is going on and so happy i am not alone...I get horrrrible anxiety...i have always been the  socializing typee out everynight  now i love staying...anxiety never happen at home..when it does happen i get weak, cant focus, light headed, hard to breathe,..its crazy,  i feel like i will literally faint or pass out......****..i jsut tried xanax, took a low does but it didnt work..time to see a doctor i guess.. and it does feel like memory fades during that period of time when its the worst,  lile your not there or  your brain just erased that moment when u were experiencing it...ughhhh
HAVE Y'ALL HAD YOUR B-VITAMINS CHECKED FOR DEFICIENCY?
i have anxiety just like  all the smptoms everyone stating light headed etc... i was on beta blockers and they work straight away they slow you down so you can relax! and they are not addictive either... they helped me from being indoors most of the time flapping to going out again, my doctor said these are better than other drugs as they are not addictive another word for them is propranolol 80 mg slow release capsuls...1 a day and they work all day long ... then i dropped to a 40 mg and took one in the morning as these are not 80 mg they dont work after about 6 hours... but i found by tea time when id been out and done shopping etc i didnt need one then as im quite relaxed at home .... hope that helps :0)
PS i now have rescue remedie drops they are about 6.00 pound and you can get them from boots, and before i go out i drop 4 drops on my tounge these are great they really work and they are herbal .
I am so relieved I found this website. I'm a guy in early 20's and been suffering from anxiety for months! I've always thought I was losing my mind. People around me always say everything will be ok but it turns out anxiety is ruining my life. In my case, I do feel the same exact sensation of passing out. It seems like there's something in my head or brain that is constantly palpitating or bothering me. So far, I did some blood test and was told eveything was fine. Just so you know I was rushed to the ER twice last year. Thought I was having a heart attack that's when I discovered I was suffering from anxiety and just beyong stressed out. Anyway, I'm now taking paroxetene i was on zoloft for a while but decided to stop bec it was giving me this unexplained feeling like blood rushing through all the veins on my arms.
I have been experiencing the same issues for about a month now. In the past racing heart, high heart rate (98 BPM), sweats etc. Docs kept recommending meds and I didn't take for the same reason's. Another thing that works very well for sleeping and relaxing yourself is a neat drug called Marijuana.... Seriously anxiety is a serious problem and I now believe Doc's can help.
i get this too!!!! i feel like everytime i go out im gonna get dizzy and pass out! and thats how my anxiety started i got dizzy a few times when out then my mind just started to think everytime i go to the shops or whatever im gonna past out BUT i am starting to get better after a yr of having this you just have to trust that nothing will happen im not fully recoverd but i think im about 60 percent of the way there
I've seemed to have noticed a correlation between the constant lightheadedness and my periods.
I have been feeling a lot better lately, and then a few days before my period wham! lightheadedness came back along with the adrenalin/anxiety syrges at night. ;(
I have already ruled out iron deficiency so i am just wondering if anyone else has experienced there symptoms get worse or come back with the onset of your menstrual cycle?
any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Hi, I have had anxiety over health for as long as I can remember, I am 26 years old and I am married and have  a 21 month old daughter. I remember being in elementary school and being terrified that I had AIDS??? I don't know why, I think I drank out of someones cup and I thought I caught it??? I also remember watching TV and the Gulf War was going on and I remember my mother saying something about the troops were getting closer, and I worried for years that the war was coming to the US!!!!! So, I think that I have had anxiety issues for a long time. My most recent issue has been going on since January and it started with, what felt like a muscle twitching in my chest.I dealt with that for about a week and it turned into heartburn, not being able to sleep, being "jolted awake" from sleep. I kept thinking it was my heart, so I ended up in the ER, and the doc told me it was acid reflux and my esophagus was spasming. Of course I didnt beleive him so I went to my pcp 2 days later and told her about my trip to the ER, she pulled my lab work records from the ER and everything looked ok, except for my glucose was 106( a little over  normal) my calcium was 10.7 and my alkaline was 106. None of these numbers are way over normal, so my pcp or the ER doc did not seem worried. My father was just in ICU in Dec for over a month on life support, my husband and I filed bankruptcy earilier this year and had to move out of our house, my husband started a new job and works swing shift(1st one week, 2nd the next, back and forth) so I am alone with my daughter for the 2nd shift week in a new house that is right across the street from a cemetery!!!!! The other day I looked in the mirror and noticed that my pupils were not dilating the same so I left work and rushed to the eye doctor and he said he could see the difference(which made me feel better that it wasnt all in my head) but he said they responded well to light and he did not act that concerned about it. I have a follow up appt with my pcp for 3/24 and he said to mention it to her at that appt. He was saying something about the fight or flight thing to me with the sympathetic and parasympathetic working against each other, and this could cause the one eye to dilate differently. The whole thing scares me to death, I havent been eating or sleeping much because all day my thoughts revolve around" what is wrong with me" "is it something that is going to kill me".Reading other peoples comments did help. And i do want to say that i was at walmart today before i read any of these posts and i felt horrible there.!!!! maybe it is the lights. does anyone else have the pupil dilation problems?
i also wanted to add that my pcp did prescrible me .25 xanax to take up to 3 times a day, i have been taking maybe one or two a day, but never 3, should i take all 3 doses?
I'm going thru the exact same thing right now.I started having panic attacks about 2 months ago.My doc first put me on xanax, which didn't help at all.Now I am taking Clonazepam.It has stopped the panic attacks, but I feel light headed and off balanced and it makes me really drowsy.I also have a fast heart rate and will be starting metoprolol soon.Hang in there guys don't give up.If anyone wants to talk just hit me up.
I've been feeling the same exact way too since I had a big panic a couple of months ago.  The major anxiety I had has subsided but I feel the off balance and lightheaded sensation all the time now. Do you feel it constantly or does it come and go?
Its off and on..I sometimes fell like i'm about to fall or pass out..also my vision will get alittle blurry..
hello i am 22 years old male
i am about 220 pounds
i have ocd. i have  taken pills for it .for over 7 years
i think this new problem has started for about 2 years or 1 1/2.
this is what happens:
i feel dizzy/ or it feels something like being dizzy.
the dizzy feeling goes faster and slower.
when it goes faster i can feel and hear my heart pound
thats not the only thing: what bugs me is my vision
when this dizzy feeling happens i have a hard time reading things
and i can't understand anything if people are talking to me.
its like what goes in to my ears and what goes in to me eyes i can see it and hear it but my brain does not understand it at all.
thats what it feels like. the dizzy feeling  feels like a heart beat. it gets slower first ,then it will get faster ,it only get faster sometimes.
the first time this started happening to me i had a seizure
the it happend 2 more times ,one time i just pasted out .i didn't know what it was. but know i know the 2nd and 3rd time it feels like being super dizzy and my heart beat feeling is so high you can hear it in your ears pound pound pound and my vision is like if you where on drugs and beer (i don't see  anything) but the vision is like your eyes are going left to right and left to right and on and on.
i can't understand anything that goes though my eyes and ears its like i would just stand there still or sit.
now its  happened about over 25 time in the past 1-2 years, its not as bad as the first 3-4 times, i don't pass-out or have seizure any more. because i am taking pill for  seizures. but i'm not sure that what is happing. because i don't know how to explain it to my doctor.
it feels like i'm dizzy but i'm also having vision problems and it happens anytime. please someone tell me anything about this
I felt like i had an ok day today, but tonight around 10pm out of nowhere i started feeling nauseus. i did take some tylenol about 1 1/2 hours before this because my head hurt from clenching my teeth, so i dont know if the upset stomach was from taking the tylenol on a semi empty stomach or not. i dont feel as nauseous anymore but my stomach feels like it burns. i go to the pcp in 2 days and i am trying to remember all this so i can tell her.
i am suffering from this too. it *****. i hope u are better now. if u guys need to talk my myspace email is ***@****
I have a lot of these same symptoms, the thing that makes me more anxious is my chest pains, i get them in the center of my chest upper chest and bellow my ribs, and it makes me think i have lung cancer asthma or some kind of cancer, or a heart problem, i just came back from the doctor's office, they ran an ekg on me, my heart rate was high in the 130s and 110s, its always pumped that high now of days, they checked my oxygen level and that was normal now I'm waiting for my blood test to come back and get another heart lab done.  My first panic attack happened last year and my heart rate was jacked to 160 or so, the thing that scared me the most "am i dying" "am i going to be like this forever, feeling depressed scared and hopeless" It gets worse this time of the year when spring and summer hit, maybe its the heat I'm not sure, but either way I don't know how to handle this I feel alone and afraid.
hi im 21yrs old and i gave birth to my baby girl 6months ago and i feel as though ever since i gave birth i'm regularly feeling lightheaded and dizzy and also feel hot and sweaty, even one time i was at the grocery store with my baby and all of a sudden i became really dizzy and started to feel sick . im not sure what this all means? i feel like its taking over my life and i cant go anywhere by myself anymore because im scared something might happen again. if theres anyone out there that can give me some advice it would help me alot.. i just feel like im coming to the stage where i just dont know what to do anymore!
i also have a anixety disorder. it is one of the worstests things ive ever had in my life. I feel like im going to pass out and die. i feel like crap. but i just have to keep reminding myself that im not gonna die or pass out. even though i keep thinking it. anyways hopefully ill get all over this soon.  and i also got really hot.... so im glad im not alone.
I am 25 yro male & experience the exact same symptoms. Most of them are similar on this forum(racing heart,Dizziness,shortness of breathe,etc). I never took any prescriptions for these but research through books & online info. I know exactly how all of you feel & sometimes excuse myself from social or public places because of these anxiety systems. I work as a fitness moDel & exercise 5 times per week. I am in excellent shape & fine when working out. But when it comes to places like the mall, gas station,hanging out with frienDs, I get a shortness of breathe, become Dizzy & feel like excusing myself to recover from the anxiety.

I began taking Choline in 1000 mg Daily & it seems to be working ok. Research Choline for anxiety, there are forums of people also saying they have seen results with this. It hasn't completely cure it, but it feels like it is working to an extent.

The part of feeling not yourself or Dizzy is the worst..I feel like I lose my personality temporarily & the "flight or fight" response comes on without a real reason to.

Happy to have saw this forum
Hi. I'm a 21 yr. old female. Back in September of this year I Had All of those symptoms but some different ones eg. anxiety,1 or 2 panic attacks, depression, anemia, constipation, shortness of breath, chest pains and my heart felt like it was racing All of the time for like 2 months!! BUT my BIGGEST issue was the Extreme Amount of Pain that I had coming from my upper stomach. I got Every single possible test that they could do, and more blood tests than u can shake a stick at! Then in Jan. I had a scope done to look down my throat at my stomach and (also up the other end as well, gross but Necessary!) lol. Cause they thought I might have ulcers or something, but they honestly Did NOT know what I had for atleast 5 months!!! then I got my results back Feb. 2nd. and I tested positive for h. pylori (a bacteria that you can get from bad drinking water). It was SO Bad that I had to drop out of school in Sept. because I could Barely walk, talk, eat, sleep, I Couldn't be around people because of the anxiety it gave me, and that put me into Big depression. I was on Four Different antidepressants in Sept. & Oct. but I Didn't actually have regular depression, because the h. pylori gave me depression, so the pills just made me all ****** up :( . Thankfully though I am now starting onto my 2nd antibiotic treatment for the h. pylori !!!! Basically All I Am Saying Is: get tested for h. pylori if u think u might have it, cause if it's not treated earlier enough it Could result in bad ulcers or Stomach cancer! Cause I felt like I was gonna die Every Single Day for the past 5 months, and no I Don't. Although I've been feeling dizzy/faintish for 2-3 weeks now, but that because I'm anemic (low in iron) from the h.pylori. THIS BACTERIA ***** U RIGHT UP!! AND I WOULD NEVER WISH FOR ANYONE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I HAD TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HI DG, Yes i walk alongside walls, i cant stand open spaces nothing to grab hold off..even if its in a supermarket........ GP just said i had Vertigo not so sure of that, but dizziness freaks me big time......... TS
Im a 30 year old who has all the energy in the world and enjoys sports, music producing, family buzz, events etc....I had my first panic attack last week and just reading this forum has calm me down big time....ive been on pills since attack but have only had 2 all up.....its knowing how to occupy your thoughts with good things....fortunately i have found my triggers and have sorted it out....(my main trigger) my next step is to quit my job...(that i love alot) because i have realised that my life with my family is NUMBER ONE!.....if u think there is nothing wrong with u...then ure in trouble....as high depressed people will deny something is wrong with them....i feel dizzy at times but have found ways to overcome them....i have not had another attack since my 1st...so the only thing i hav left is dizziness which i hate but hopefully will get better...this ***** hard and no one shuld hav to go thru this....
Are any of you able to go to the dentist?  Do u avoid the dentist like i do, as if i am a little kid.
Im 17 and im experiencing the exact same thing. ive actualy missed like a week or 2 of school alreaddy becauseim too afraid of collapsing at school. my parents think im lying about it.and they just think that im not eating . which i am. idk how to deal with this... :( no one believes me...and my senior prom is  coming up which ive been looking foward to for the past 2 years and im even scared to go to that..any advice??
Omg This place makes me feel so much better. I have the same symptoms and sometimes I feel like I am just going crazy. To know that there are other people out there that have the same problem makes me feel better, even though I know how bad it *****.
It helped me to understand the autonomic nervouse system and how all these symptoms can happen from simple breathing one extra breath per minute......the chemical imbalance triggers all kinds of reactions within your body.....I've suffered for many years,but the understanding of whats happening to me helps calm me down a bit....
Had sudden onset of dizziness three weeks ago.  Went to Dr. and
ER and everything was OK with heart but had high blood pressure.
Got that under control.  Still was dealing with the dizziness a week later.
A friend told me she went to neurologist for dizziness and they said they
knew what she had right away.  Crystals had broken loose in
the ear canal. The Dr. moved her head and body in different
motions to get the crystals back in right place.

I went on line and found this site and also went to a youtube site.
Check it out.  IT WORKED FOR ME THE FIRST TIME.  And I was really
feeling like my brain was swirling around in my head. thought
it was never going to go away.  Worse when I got up from a
lying down position and when I turned my head to the left.

It's called the Epley procedure. Check it out on YOUTUBE

Hope this helps.
JC515
I have been experiencing anxiety for about 9 years. I have had reactions to some ssri but now I am seeing a psychiatrist that has me on 5mg lexepro and I was on xanex. Now she has just changed me to klonopin a couple of days ago.
has anyone had problems switching from xanex to klonopin? I was doing ok with the xanex but it would not last long enough and I would have anxiety attacks inbetween pills. The doc switched me to klonopin for its longer lasting affects but right now I am experiencing anxiety, burning sensations, waking up a lot, etc. Does this go away once I get use to the klonopin? Is it my body's reactions to stopping the xanex? any suggestions?
thanks kel
i have had this illness for about a year now and have been getting pains in the arms  has anybody had this as well
Hi guys i want to ask does this sound like anxiety?, The last few months has been hell...Dizzy light headed , nausea. Now for some reason i cannot take a shower, i hate being in there from dizziness....So i am kind of pom's washing, I go to bed wake up during the night with like dizzy spells too...Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh! mornings are horrible :(((. I ended up in the ER sat night, thinking what i though't a HA, bloods xray ECK all normal. How frustrating diagnosis was Palpitations...I've had anxiety before and i know what it's like the whole gammet of stuff, but for some reason now i am becoming very housebound..... I hate where i live and the neighbours long story. I freak out going anywhere outside the house, what can i do?, this shower thing i cant stand it.... I'ts like i want to not get out of bed...Or just want to get dressed quickly... I'm not sure what's triggered all this off as 2months ago i was fine well kind of fine, i did have panic attacks, but now they are getting like they did outside the house, but inside the home...:( I used to view the home as a safe haven now i dont....... My bedroom is i would say it's like the world is shrinking more and more for me...... Well i also keep thinking it's some other health matter i am not sure, but i am starting to feel crazy from it all...how can i be 100% Its anxiety???? is there a way?..... and not some other health matter?....I have clonopins here to take , but i worry even taking them it's insane. I also have such a horrible time when i go out...I went to the supermarket other day, i needed a trolley to lean on. the whole time....... this is mad. i never have had dizziness like this with panic? just the palps and then it calms down ....But why all of a sudden Nausea and dizziness???...... I seen some doc who said Vertigo but i dont buy that. Thanks for the rant :(
TonySuprano's original post really sums up how I feel a lot of times.

I don't have any irrational fears that I know of, heck I really want to join the army.

Any time I'm in a wide open space, particularly without any walls around, I feel like I'm outside of my body and that I'm going to pass out.  It scares the hell out of me.  It's been getting worse, I've been having constant dizzy spells since I was 16.

The other problem I have is that my legs feel like they're going to give out when I walk at times, and I always have a 'strange' walk about me.  Co-workers make fun of me for walking like a chick at times.

Lights sometimes bother me.

The last thing I should add, is if I'm walking up something or driving my car up something, I feel more dizzy than normal.

What the hell is wrong with me?  Anyone with similar symptoms please send me a message
Hi Astyan, i know it's horrible i went outside before and felt all weak, if a neighbor is out i run back, i get all dizzy n fidgety... almost a manic feeling. Today i noticed too when i was talking my voice was all weird, dry ummm like your breathless..... what the? is that anxiety???? i feel do disconnected, like i said ^^ If no walls nearbye i can freeze too , or wont move forward this has happend a few times. Not sure what i need to do to get this under control except try Klonopin will that help?? or do i need SSRI meds.
Hi all. I am 26 years old, wife and mother of 3. In 2007 after my grandmother passed away I took my first major panic attack which landed me in the hospital. I remember calling my dad and telling him I thought I was dying. I couldn't breath, I was dizzy, I was shaking, sweating, you name it, I had it. He came over and called 911 and when the paramedics got there I had a BP of 181/102. I got to the ER and they did an EKG which came back normal. Finally after not finding anything wrong they gave me a Xanax and said I have anxiety.(Which I have been taking as needed now for 3 years.) Doc sent me home with a script and said I should take them when I feel an attack coming on. I have suffered many many more attacks after that causing many more ER visits. It got bad when I would rotate hospitals because I was afraid they would remember me. It wasnt until around September 2008 that all the other symptoms started. I will be very honest that my main anxiety stems from me thinking i have a serious illness. I have convinced myself that I have everything from a brain tumor, to an anuerysm, to blood clots in my legs that will lead to a pulmonary embolism. Back in 2008 after my daughter was born, my legs were sore. So I went on WebMD and googled sore legs. (Worse thing you can ever do) well after reading all the sites I convinced myself I had blood clots in my legs due to pregnancy. For weeks I panicked and panicked until it sent me into a full blown attack, where I went right back to the ER and had doppler tests done on my legs and also a lung test. All negative. Next I was getting some headaches. Nothing major, just more than I was used to. Mind you, I had a 5 year old, a 1 year old, and a newborn. I went right back to WebMD and convinced myself I had a brain tumor, which I still to this day worry I have. This is when my life completely fell apart. I have never been the same since. I did nothing but cry and I was so angry with life because all I could think about was how I wasnt going to be around for my 3 children. I fell into a deep depression where nobody wanted to be around me, and I didnt want to be around anybody either. I didnt want to leave my house, I didnt want to do anything but lay in bed. I went to my doctor and he said I had GAD and a depression disorder, prescribed me Lexapro and sent me on my way. I was soooo afraid to take the Lexapro and still havent. My dizziness started in October 2008. I was driving to the store and out of nowhere I got extremely dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. I went home and went right back to that familiar place, the hospital. They gave me a CT scan and said everything was normal. I didnt believe them, I still dont. From that point on I have been dealing with lighheadedness, dizziness, and many other things daily. I went to my doctor and he said I had an inner ear infection which caused damage to my ear and said I had vertigo from it. Prescribed me antivert and sent me on my way. Needless to say, it didnt work. I have other symptoms like ringing in my ears, and weird vision things, which when I google could be a tumor. This has ruined my life. I got married in June of 09 to my husband who I have been with for 10 years. He is the father of my children and the love of my life. Should have been one of the happiest days of my life and it wasnt because of this anxiety. I was at my dizziest that day which led to severe anxiety. It ruined my wedding. A day I can never go back and change. I told myself that I cant live like this anymore, but it doesnt change a thing, I still live with it. I am afraid to drive, I am afraid to go to stores, I am afraid to work. I am living in constant fear that I am going to pass out and never wake up again. Everybody thinks I am nuts now. I am the brunt of their jokes. Everyone makes jokes about my "tumor". They just dont understand what I feel. Thinking I am sick is the very first thing I think in the morning, and the very last thing I think at night. It has fully taken over. Everyone tells me the tests were negative, your fine. They are prob right, but I am still convinced they were wrong, or they missed something. I hate this. I want to go back to the way I used to be, and sadly I don't think it's every going to happen. Anxiety has won the battle.
Hi All,
I cant begin to tell you all how much better it makes me feel that I am not the only one and not going crazy.  I first started experiencing anxiety/panic disorder on April 5.  I remember the exact day and time because i thought I was having a stroke or a heart attack.  Went to the ER twice in a days span swearing something was wrong.  I felt kinda angry when the doc at Er said its just panic attacks.  Felt blown off.  I have not had a "severe" episode for about 3 weeks now.  I felt so alone and scared...like my life was over.  Family, friends and doctors just said relax and think positive...well easier said than done.  I am trying so hard to get my life back.  I thought i had everything from Fibromyalgia to a brain tumor and everything in between.  FYI...DO NOT go on the internet and try to self diagnose LOL.  My main symptoms I am dealing with now are lightheadedness/dizziness and feel like a slight pain in my chest and a weird feeling at top of stomach (hard to explain but best way i can is like a pressure building).  I want to be able to exercise and combat this naturally.  I am ultra-sensitive to meds.  Took a dose of Celexa and thought I was gonna die.  Currently doing accupuncture and taking herbs for nervous symptoms.  Looking for other natural alternatives online.  I did have questions for all you out there...1.  Anyone experiencing tingling/numbness in head and face? 2.  Warm patches, especially in extremities? 3.  Arms going numb when sleeping?...I know I have had issues to deal with but its just weird how this came on all of a sudden and doesnt seem to let up.  I have much faith in God and am trying to work through this.  I have a girlfriend who has been very supportive and I want to be with her at my best.  If anyone has any suggestions on natural alternatives that really work please pass along. I promise if I come across anything I will let you all know ASAP.  Thanks for taking the time to read my post and know that if anyone ever wants to chat and get things off their chest dont hesitate to write me.  Keep your faith strong that this will not be bigger than you.  God Bless and care for you all.
I wish I found this sooner. I have been suffering for years. I spent a long time just trhinking i was crazy. I have had the bedtime panic attacks for probably five years. I just went back to finish my degree and started having attacks during the day... yay! I now am lightheaded and feel disconnected from the world around me all the time, i get migraines where I go blind for 45 min to an hour at a time, I can't sleep anymore which was one thing i always could do to stop this and my eyes always hurt. I'm just ...tired
hi buddies i have same problems light head and all dese fears...but all of u did u notice dat v r constantly from getting up in morning  do a same thing...finding out whats wrong with me today...m fine today or just same..and here lies problem  d tension.all of us do not have any malfunction of our body  so why fear  nothing has happend for last year or years than how can now..v r too self conscious people  dats d killing zone..tension keeps d stress and dis is whole vicious circle..v jst take a medicine and wait for its results on our body..dont do if u take  medicine dan dont try to be doctor take what he says.about addiction 80% of world take alcohal (alcohol) and r addicted  so why medication is worrying us.if a person hooked to drugs can quit dan why not medication..it surely helps...go for the thing which u fear lot u vl *** as a winner..
Viewing 1-200 comments:
C402 is Comment
1 hr ago
gyspy09 commented on ianwojc's status
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...