Anxiety Community
death anxiety.

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

death anxiety.

Okay so since I read up on Brittney Murphy dieing of "natural causes"
Im afraid IM going to die. Like I have a undetected illness, or im just gunna die.
I dont eat properly, or sleep properly. Like what if that kills me? Im 19, im lazy and I dont take care of myself and im scared im gunna die on Christmas or New Years.
Its wierd, like I think i'll be talking one day about something and then I die and like everyone's like "Oh she was so smart, and kind" and stuff.
Its wierd, the SAME thing happened to me last year, when I was afraid I was gunna die on my 18th birthday.
I dont want to die, im SOOO scared of dying, but now I have this fear im going to.
Ive only had death anxiety for like a year and a while now.
Now im thinking that all you people are reading this and then i'll die and then you'll all be like.."Oh remember that girl who posted something on death...well she died" That scares the **** out of me.
Someone please tell me what the odds of me dying are? I dont have any serious illnesses. Unless I have a undetected one (which im scared of)
Please help me out here. Thanks.
The odds are very, very, very low.  But I understand the anxiety that is triggered by news of someone else's death (especially someone young like Brittany Murphy).  

I'm sending you a big cyber-hug with the assurance that it is extremely unlikely anything will happen to you...
Thank you.
I am trying my very best to think positive.
Your so young! You are not going to die!!! =) Enjoy the Holidays!!! =)
Thank you. You too :)
Death is one of my Main triggers of Anxiety and I used to be a firefighter and worked on the ambulance.

When I read about the late ms. Murphy I'd say it also triggered some anxiety for me also being she "May" have had the same heart problems I have. But for the number of years that i always thought i was going to die, or something was medically wrong with me and went to the hospital to find out I'm fine. I'm still Alive and living.

I know it's hard, REALLY Hard to deal with but you have to remember that your mind is just making you feel this way and what you may think is real, you have to do your very best to remember that it's not real. Maybe try doing something to get your mind off of things.

All you can do is try to beat this devil of fear inside of you.
Trust me, I try everyday and I won't lie. Its VERY Rough
I'm used to have the same fears. I was absolutely convinced that I was going to die. And even mentioning the fact that I was afraid I was going to die would probably mean that something would happen to me. It all came to a hault when I landed in the hospital with an actual near death experience. I figured if you're not dead yet- you have a reason to be alive! I've been dealing with anxiety for a while and I know how it feels to be fixated on one thought- like death. The best thing I can say to you is that you are alive now for a reason!! Death anxiety is hard to deal with but you don't want to let you life pass you by! Pay attention to your body and if you feel like something is truly wrong health wise, get it checked out! Best of luck, I hope you start feeling better!
Being nervous about death is a very common worry in my opinion, but the odds of you having a serious problem are EXTREMELY low, especially at your age.  In my experience with anxiety, it was my Grandfather's death that triggered my fear of death and kickstarted my experience with this.  

Be careful what you read on the internet; there is so much information out there and it can be hard to filter; and I don't think you have heard the end of the story with Britney Murphy...they are thinking that she might of overdosed on medications and she had a battle with weight for years, but regardless, there is so much information out there on the news and various websites that it can really feed our anxiety.

Also, remember, at least for me, the most disasterous scenario is also the least likely, but we often hear about it because it brings in the ratings.  For example, I run about 6 miles a day or so, and I often hear about a 'healthy' person just collapsing while exercising...can it happen?  Sure it can, but for every story you hear about that there are MILLIONS of people that exercised that day and are benefiting their long term health  because of it..we don't hear about it, because it doesn't make good news.  So, I continue to exercise because in the long run the odds are OVERWHELMINGLY in my favor that I am adding years onto my life because of my lifestyle choices.  There is risk in everything we do; I could get hit by an meteor while walking outside today...can it happen?  Sure it could, but it is extremely unlikely.

Just ensure that you confront your anxiety to get a hold on it now.  Are you in talk therapy?  Do you have access to counseling?  Keep us posted!
omgggg i have the same problem too!!im 20 dis year just like u and i feel that im not gonna live till my birthday..everyday i cant sleep thinking that im gonna die..i know how u feel :( i feel the same way too..its very hard to cope with it...i mean i dont take any pills and i dont even go to the doc but i know i have anxiety disorder..(i think so too)cos i cant breathe sometimes and my heart is beating really fast.
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
16 mins ago
specialmom commented on jugglin's status
48 mins ago
specialmom commented on AnnieBrooke's status
1 hr ago
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms