Anxiety Community
sex drive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

sex drive

i suffer from panic disorder for many years and went off and on paxil for many times,
went back on paxil 8 months ago and my sex drive is very bad, it wasnt a big issue
before but i am getting married next month and my fiancee hate the situation
i dont want to quit paxil and feel terrible but there is anything i can add to paxil to
make it better?

thank you
Tags: sex drive
Owing to complete ignorance of your gender, I'm unable to suggest any medicinal approach. I do wonder, however, if there is any significance to your comment that your intended hates the situation. What about YOU? Do you hate it?

And is there any possibility that your reduced libido is related to the impending marriage -and all that it entails?

A good therapy question; speaking of which -are you getting any therapy, or can you think of any reason why your drive is reduced?
hi spling, this is remar and i left you a personal note. take care. remar
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (my experiences only here) the entire time I was on antidepressants (any kind) my sex drive was very low and sometimes non existent.  I have been off antidepressants for about 6 months now and it is just now coming back.  I do think however I do need to be on them at this point which I will discuss w/my dr. but its a decision you have to make for yourself.  I chose to take the meds and deal with the sex issues on an as needed basis for my hubby...not to cool for me though.  I will admit since being off the meds it has been quite interesting...I wish you all the luck in the world with whatever choice you make and congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Alley
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding...I have to say that my experience has been the opposite of Alleykatt...I have been on several different medications, and none of them have really affected my drive one way or another, and it's not so much the actual physical sex as it is the closeness with my husband....on an emotional level it makes the anxiety better, whether I am taking my meds or not. He travels quite a bit, I think sometimes that even fuels my anxiety some and I really enjoy having him home, I get pretty down when he's gone. He's leaving for So Korea on Sunday and I am already feeling the stress of that.
Good luck and try to enjoy being newlywed!
meegWpaw commented on Scared and Confused
TinaR10 commented on renae176's status
TinaR10 commented on Moma_Cher's status