Blah
Am I the only one that sometimes feels a great dissatisfaction for life? Could it be a symptom of depression? I just feel like I do the same old thing all the time then I get bored of it and then I do nothing but walk around bored. It is like nothing feels very satisfying then I get a numb kind of feeling inside and get irritable. I just feel greatly dissatisfied with EVERYTHING. Whats wrong with me?
I suffer from this a lot.  I find I have to force myself to do things.  It does help eventually.  Talking to people about how you feel is also very helpful.  I remember during one of my really bad apathetic times, I would ask random people if they were happy.  They would look at me funny, but I would press on with real concern.  Like were they happy with just getting up and going to work then coming home and cooking dinner and going to bed and they would say yes.  I would ask if they were really happy or just comfortable.  I found out that most are truly happy and I could not figure out why I was not.  I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but force yourself to do something that you used to love. Find a new hobby to keep you busy.  Be sure to shower, get dressed, put makeup on and turn on music that you like.  I am not saying this will fix everything right away, but it will keep you moving and doing something, eventually it works.

Good luck!
I would like to ask what do you expect out of life? Example: goals, ambitions, etc.
  Yes I can have this feeling of apathy when I am depressed but also during mixed states. The feelings of hopelessnes during depression are not uncommon and something that a family member I have who has bipolar but has not started treatment yet experiences during depressive episodes. I can when this becomes extreme become upset and not really understand why people around me are happy to begin with.
   In general as regards to myself and this can work for other people besides what was detailed in that one post (which I agree with) I try to put together realistic and achievable goals.Some are to get back to some pragmatic things I always did. Others are just to enjoy life more. Sometimes I feel I dont have the right to enjoy life and be happy and I am trying to learn to get over that. Also everyone has their own issues and concerns and isnt happy at all times. I had to learn to think outside of myself but also focus on my own recovery. Sometimes doing simple things for enjoyment can be part of that as can putting together long term coping solutions. All this is worth discussing with a therapist.
It is just a weird kind of mood I get in sometimes and just wondered what it was or if anyone else got in this kind of mood. I guess I am not the only one and is probably a symptom of depression. Thank you for your responses. I talked to a friend and that helped. Unfortunately I don't have a therapist and cannot get one currently without insurance.
I get this from negative symptoms of my schizophrenia.  I don't really have an answer to getting past it, sorry.  I just keep pressing forward and doing the things I used to feel pleasure from doing even though it accomplishes nothing.
Not necessarily depression. Let me see: Usually cunning pdocs will tell you that pschy illness comes in a package i.e. a little of everything i.e. some sort of comorbidity so feeling dissatisfied from life is wanting perfection in everything you see giving it some positive meaning instead of finding life useless. This is I am afraid some form of OCD in your way. In fact i have this all the time. People tell me you are hard to please meaning i don't see much meaning in anything I encounter so most of us will beging to read a story then find it boring and move to something else etc...etc... most of us are entitle anihilist the definition of that is a man who judges of the world not having any meaning or that it ought not to be in other words a world without an objective meaning or purpose. So a person like this is all the time dissatisfied of course. In my view it isn't depression but a form of OCD hitting you at the moment and this is very common to a bipolar person to feel this way from time to time but also not necessarily all the time, in fact I bet at times you feel very contented. It's our bloody illness.
I am diagnosed with General Anxiety disorder but not OCD. I do have problems all the time with getting bored with things. I think it really goes along with the dissatisfaction thing. I don't really think I expect perfection. I guess it could be I don't like doing things that seem without a purpose. Like watching a movie is non productive. Working (which I can't seem to do) is productive and the purpose of it is to get a paycheck. Of course if I were to find a job and work I would eventually get tired of it too, because that seems to be my nature I suppose. Bored and dissatisfaction with things....maybe I should bring it up with my doctor as it does seem to be an ongoing symptom with me.
I thought depression could cause a person to lose interest in things they once enjoyed.  Maybe you're just not living up to your full potential and you're getting bored with things because you're too smart for them.  Or maybe you just are prone to drifting around.  I would bring it up with your doctor yeah, as that could be a symptom of your mental illness.