Bipolar Disorder Community
Does Effexor cause night sweats?

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

Does Effexor cause night sweats?

Lately I have been waking up because of night sweats and need to change my pajamas or on rare occasion the sheets.

My Effexor dose was recently increased to 150mg a day, but I can't remember exactly when the night sweats started to figure out if the two are related.

Anyone else had the same side effect with Effexor?
I know Celexa, lexapro and Sertraline both gave me night sweats.  They are all selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
Effexor is an SNRI, serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.  I think since they both inhibit serotonin, that most likely is the reason you're sweating.  The effect for me didn't lessen with time, it was every night for as long as I took them.
Yes. In my case the 'sweats' are iregular in nature. They are unpredictable & not my major concern now, as I know that the side effects often cannot be 'cured'. Several meds have had this effect. Main thing is that there are benefits too. Good Luck.
Yes I've been exactly the same,it's awful
Thanks for your responses. Much appreciated :)
Out of curiosity, how old are you? I have night sweats but it is menopause - hot flashes.
Lol aww people have said that to me but I'm only 33