Bipolar Disorder Community
tell me about geodon does it help you??

Bipolar Disorder is also known as "Manic Depressive Disorder". This forum is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people with Bipolar Disorder. The forum covers topics ranging from Aggressive Behavior, Affect on friends and Family, Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Appetite Changes, Chronic Pain, Denial, Depression, Difficulty Concentrating, Euphoria, Guilt, Manic Depression, Medications, Mood Swings, Poor Judgment, and Sleep Disorders

tell me about geodon does it help you??

does geodon help you with  ur bipolar?? ( explain please??)    thanks              james
Namaste,
Geodon is an antipsychotic medication. It works by changing the effects of chemicals in the brain.
Geodon is used to treat schizophrenia and the manic symptoms of bipolar disorder (manic depression).
So if you are subject to regular mania, it may be a good medication at least for that part of your disorder.But what about those times when you're depressed?
If you're bipolar I would think that you're doctor would have you on another mood stabilizer as well(i.e. depakote, lamictil, etc) or an anti-convulsant, which are often used in bipolar patients.
Talk with your doctor about your concerns.

Michael
  I'm on Geodon 80mg. with Clonazapam 1mg. and Trzadon 50 mg./  for Bipolar Disorder and have been for many years. The only complaint I have is really a BIG ONE to
me. Weight Gain like the past three months 30 lbs. But The worst was the Generic Zyprexia 80mg. I had to stop taking it  beacuse ai felt like a tic ready to pop! Even my bra sizes kept getting bigger and bigger thats how much weight I gained,  After I stopped taking it' The Dr. put me back on the name brand GEODON! I have lost a few pounds at least enough to stay on my meds.