Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
2mm aneurysm & severe migraines

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

2mm aneurysm & severe migraines

I was diagnosed w/ a 2mm aneurysm and have debilitating migraines lasting 2 plus days. Migraines cause zig zags in vision, sometimes slurred speech, pains in back of neck, numbness in arm. I am on 8 25 mg topomax (topamax) daily and 2 blood pressure meds. Magnesium and still have migraines. I also take 100 mg imitrex and by the time I take the second dose it masks the pain and sometimes doesn't even get rid of it.  I have been told that sometimes doctors don't operate on this small of aneurysms, my migraines seemed to come after a severe accident I had 9 years which I had head trauma but I was diagnosed w/ aneurysm Sept.2011. I really wish the pain would go away. I have had 2 relatives have cerebral aneurysms an Aunt who had 5 and a Uncle who had 1  and ruptured.  
You appear to have two very strong risk factors associated with aneurysms:1) family history and 2) head injury.

Zig Zag vision is a common description called an aura.  I understand that many surgeons wait till the size is nearer to 5.0mm.  The rate of growth is what will be more important and is what should be watched.  Keep after your Doctor on this.  It's your life that's on the line.

Were you told where the location of it is in the brain?  Also, have you tried Maxalt Melt 10mg?  It is expensive but quicker acting

Good luck.  
Yes I've tried maxalt before, but I was going through them so quickly. My aneurysm is near the center on the right side behide my eye.

Thank you for your reply, I sure hope they fix it because I'm certain my migraines changed because of the aneurysm and I am nervous because of it being there and I am 31.
That location sounds like it is a right anterior communicating artery aneurysm.  The right side of the brain controls the left side of your body below your skull so you may want to keep an eye on any left sided anomolies you may sense.  If your are right handed this is also the side you would want to have control issues.  
I forgot my pocket ruler on the Jan 6 comment.  It should have read 5cm.
On 29of June 2010 the CT shows an aneurysm on the left internal carotid artery. Iam old women, the docs cant or want to coil or clip the 5-6 mm annie, I was told it is dangerius operate because of risk . Much more risk ,then benefits. Now I leave in fears, because it, can burst causing hemorrhage. I am affraid of having stroke of a rupture aneurysm.I do have very often dip headache ,double vision or loosing site for 2 h. I am now at stres, waiting for the worse , if can not could be better. My name is Jadwiga I am 68 years old.
It is possible that it may never rupture during your lifetime.  Rate of growth of the aneurysm is what is important.  At your next visit ask your Doctor when you can have a second CT scan.  The change in size will provide a rate of growth over the time period since June 29th.  

If your aneurysm were to have a rupture it will quite likely have a small leak at first. This will be your opportunity to have emergency surgery to repair the leak.  In the meantime, the less you stress about it and by reducing your blood pressure, you can help prevent any leakage.  
You wrote, "If your aneurysm were to have a rupture it will quite likely have a small leak at first..."  I had to comment on this.  This is important and in all my research I've never seen anything regarding small leaks and that small leaks are common.  I had a small leak presenting with a new type of headache.  I googled and aneurysms kept appearing in my search which pretty much described my headache.  However all the websites stressed it as being extreme or "worst headache of your life" which mine wasn't and one site said the odds of it being an aneurysm was 7%.  I seriously tried to dismiss the idea that it was an aneurysm, but strangely it kept nagging at me so I sought help.  Aneurysm clipped at the Mayo Clinic a year ago.
Hi Larkar,

I glad to hear you had it taken care of "permanently."   I hope you are doing and feeling well.  Did you have any issues post surgery?  Look forward to hearing about your case.
Ed