Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Do Ruptured And Unruptured Aneurysms Look the Same On an MRI?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do Ruptured And Unruptured Aneurysms Look the Same On an MRI?

I had an MRI about 2 weeks ago for ongoing skull base headaches and when they did it they said they found a possible 7mm aneurysm.  I am scheduled to go in for an MRA tomorrow to see if that is really what they saw or not.  My neurologist did not seem too concerned based on the symptoms I was having.  Of course all I could focus on was he said the word aneurysm.  I was wondering if it is an aneurysm would a ruptured and an unruptured aneurysm look the same on an MRI?  They did not indicate either way.  I imagine because they were not 100% that that is what it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.