Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Flying with a brain aneurysm

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Flying with a brain aneurysm

My partner was recently admitted to hospital for an operation on a "7mm aneurysm in the right middle cerebral artery bifurcation territory".  The day prior to the operation he was told he had a "fusiform dilatation of the right MCA bifurcation" and would not/could not be operated on.

My question is whether or not he can safely fly from New Zealand to Australia and back or whether this could impact on the aneurysm?  Medical opinion in this country seems divided on the safety issue.  I would appreciate your informed response.  Many thanks.

Cheryl.
Please, I need to fly and I have a 4.7mm Left Middle Cerebral Aneurysm.
Is it okay ?
Thank you immensely