Mild diffuse Cerebral Atrophy
One of my friends Brother is suffering from Mild diffuse Cerebral Atrophy which was diagnosed my local doctors. As per them there is still no treatment for this disease. Would like to know if anyway things can be improved or through any type of medication can this disease be cured??
Hi there. Cerebral atrophy denotes a decrease in brain size or shrinkage of the brain. The decrease in brain size normally occurs as people grow older, but it can also be due to several conditions such as ischemic infarcts, malnutrition, Pick's disease, chronic HIV infection, Alzheimer's disease and Huntington's disease, among many others. Atrophy of the brain is also associated with loss in the number of nerve cells and their connections, and it can affect the whole brain or just some regions or portions of it.
Treatment has to be symptomatic to delay the progression of the disease and the damage of the neurons. Nutrition plays an important role in delaying the progression. Please give him good natural supplements of calcium, multivitamins, minerals and Omega 3 fatty acids.  Brain exercises like crossword puzzles solving, reading, socialising and other similar activities may also help a lot in delaying the brain atrophy.
Regards and take care
Thanks a lot Dr.Sharma for your feedback. But in any case is it not possible to revive the brain anyhow?? Awaiting your reply..