Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
help im scared

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

help im scared

I Been having some bad headaches for the last month everyday not to strong but just pressure like feeling i been taking doxycyline for my acne. but i went to the er and had a catscan of my head and the doctor is sending me to a specialist she said she seen something in my brain that there is a possibility i might have something but shes not sure if its my sinus infection so she gave medicine to clear the infection up!!!! im only 23 and really worried i hope i dont have nothing she told me not worry about it theres a big chance its from the sinus infection....

My catscan results says this..... 1.MAXILLARY SINUS OPACIFACATION. PLEASE CORRELATE CLINICALLY FOR SINUSITIS.
2. TONSILLAR ECTOPIA POSSIBLY RELATED TO ANATOMIC VARIATION OR CHIARI WITH NO EDVIDENCE OF OBSTRUCTION..

can some one please telll me more about that im so out of it help please
Jayden,

I've been having VERY bad headaches also and went to the ER to get a cat scan as well and they thought I was nuts. They didn't find anything, but the pain hasn't gone away and now I get spasms and head zaps as if someone is turning my brain on and off. I also have issues with my sinuses and I sometimes hear them cracking in my nose by my eyes when I get pressure headaches. I get blurred vision and wake up with dizziness and clogged ears like I just went swimming. The BRIGHT side is that a sinus inflammation is harmless and will not kill you. They just cause discomfort and bad headaches. Trust me, my grandmother had very bad sinus infections in her 20s and 30s and shes still here alive and healthier than me! They will give you medication to clear up the sinuses, but for now I suggest you get a lot of rest and try not to be a worry-wart like myself. If you wanna speak more, you can email me.
Why don't you see a doctor, or better yet a neurologist to get treatment for your headaches?  A CT scan only tells you that you don't have cancer or multiple sclerosis or other terrible things.  But you can still have headaches that can respond to treatments.  If your headaches are VERY bad, then it's unlikely to be caused by a sinus infection. My migraines were so terrible that sometimes I would be vomiting from the pain.  A second opinion from another ENT doctor, a neurologist and pulmonologist ALL told me that the severe headaches were NOT from my sinus infection which was detected by a CT scan.  The first ENT doctor recommended surgery, but also said that it might not help the headaches.  What a quack he turned out to be.