infant with aneurysm
I am currently in the ICU with my 3 1/2 month old daughter who just had brain surgery for a blood clot and aneurysm.  It appears to be a genetic vascular malformation I believe that caused this. We originally took her to urgent care because we thought she had dehydration for what was thought to have been a stomach virus.  She had not been eating, she was very pale and limp, just wanted to sleep and had a high-pitched cry.   HHT runs in my family, have you ever heard of a link between this and infants having brain aneurysms?  Any other information you can give me as well on what causes these to burst and why they form  would be most helpful as well.  

Thank you,
Lottie B.

This discussion is related to Brain Aneurysms in Infants.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine her I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that she needs, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about her health concern.

Cerebral or brain aneurysm is an abnormal widening a brain blood vessel at its weakened area. This may occur as a congenital (present since birth, familial) or may occur later in life due to injury, birth defects, or neurological disorder and it is life-threatening. Most serious consequence is stroke that may occur if this bursts in the brain. Factors that may cause this or contribute to its rupture are hypertension, head injury, family history of brain aneurysms. Common symptoms could be loss of vision, headache, eye and neck pain, seizures, paralysis, gait disturbances etc. Investigations like CT angiography, MRI, CSF examination (presence of blood) are essential to reach at diagnosis here. Neurosurgery is the mainstay of treatment that may be suggested by a neurologist after examination. Hope this information proves helpful to you.

I have a 7 week old with similar situation( cerebral aneurysm) and has undergone coiling and angioplasty for treatment of vasospasm. What are his chances of recovering from this ? We are so worried at this point since his one side is not moving, we are concern over his vision and hearing ability...Any information on cerebral aneurysm in infant would be appreciated.

Shalin