chiari 6mm
is it bad to be at 6mm? i will not see the N/S until dec and this whole waiting period is driving me nuts!
Doctors will look at your quality of life and the impact your symptoms are having, they will look at the size of your herniation but in the context of how much if any overcrowding is going on, if there is a CSF obstruction.

Ray  
Hi...As Ray said...the size of the herniation is not at question, it is  if it is impacting the flow of ur CSF...and  if u have overcrowding....and what symptoms u have as a result.

I wish they would mention the shape of the herniation as that can be more the issue that the length.

Waiting  is the hardest part....and the medical community moves at a snails pace...try to relax and expect it, if u stress u will only feel worse.

Hang in there.

"selma"
Hey, one month is pretty good actually. I'm on month 3 of my 4 month wait to be seen by a NS. Good luck to you.
I was recently dx with chari malformation with 6mm formation. I have been dizzy and lots of nausea. I was dx with vertigo and then my PCP ordered testing. (she is the best). I seen the NS yesterday. I am going for more testing next week. MRI with cine to see how much fluid is flowing. I was dx with fibromyalgia about a year ago. The NS thinks that maybe it was the malformation causing the headaches and backpain. All I know is I am tired of being dizzy and sick. I am on meclizine, valium and zofran. I feel like my medical team has been great. I am waiting to see what next weeks test bring and then go from there.

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

Sounds like u have a pro active team helping u, and the CINE test is the next step...along with ruling out a syrinx, and other related conditions, so MRI's of the thoracic, and lumbar spine are also helpful in ruling out disk issues, tethered cord,and syrinx's in those areas.....then u want to know about sleep apnea, ICP,POTs, ehlers-danlos, .....

And if u r looking at possible surgery, meet several chiari specialists to find the right Dr for u....u want a NS with the most experience doing this surgery....this is key!!