diminished csf flow??
Hi. was just wondering if anyone has heard of this or seen this on their mri results?
i had an mri 6 months ago which apparently showed no issues with csf flow. another mri 2 wks ago
now stated showed diminished csf flow in the dorsal foramen magnum. but what gets me is that immediately following the statement of the diminished csf flow, it says "possibly due to technical artifact" .  that is what the radiologist stated. what does that mean and where would he get that from?

wouldnt or shouldnt it first be considered that the diminshed flow be from the chiari? arent csf flow issues definite alerts to ongoing or worsening of symptoms?

or could he probably just be attributing it to having to be a technical artifact  because fact is  he is NOT acknowledging  the chiari as "chiari" so as it is,   in both reports this same radiologist specifically  notes it as (3-4mm) cerebral tonsillar ectopia not reaching criteria for chiari malformation.

because of his reportings and whatever "criteria" he is going by (which obviously has nothing to do with MY symptoms or MY pain )and becuz of the medical fields absolutely pathetic lack of knowledge or desire to learn more.... neither the neurosurgeon (not a cm specialist) or my pcp have done anything to address this.
the ns d/c me back to my pcp. my pcp is tryin to treat "headaches" , im still tryin to find not only a specialist but 1 that my insurance will allow me to go to. so far no  luck. as far as ive  gotten with anything is a neurology appt (not a specialist with chiari. not even a dr...just a pa) and thats not til dec 30.

i am thoroughly disgusted and shocked that physicians arent required to keep learning thru their practicing of medicine. they are stil stuck on what they were told from the books, and theres so much more to chiari and all the symptoms thaat surrround it....i mean REALLY....all they even have to do is GOOGLE it.........and they can learn more....it exists....its more than they seem to think........THEY should care and want  to know more!!!
"possibly due to technical artifact" sounds like a problem with the scanner. These machines can be temperamental around metal objects.

Ask the doctors to explain this terminology and if it is a fault they should re do the scan.
ROD
Breathe...Did u go to the chiari walk in Beth?

U sound very upset and unfortunately until u get to a specialist u will continue to have this issue and even among the specialists there is controversay on chiari0 which is ne herniation below 5 mm.

I am not sure what insurance u have or how far u can travel, but we can try to help u find a dr....

Please try and relax as allowing  this to get to u will only make u feel worse....but I do understand ur frustration.

"selma"