Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 year old bathroom accidents

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

4 year old bathroom accidents

My Four year old little boy started having wetting accidents about 3 months ago.  He was having about 3 to 4 a day.  We took him to the pediatrician and they ran all the necessary test.  At the end of the visit his doctor told me that he had a syndrome called "SHY BLADDER".  He was prescribed medication.  We gave him the medication and in about a week we saw an improvement.  He went for about two weeks with no accidents.  After the two weeks he started having accidents again.  He is now not only having wetting accidents on a daily basis but bowel accidents as well.  He says that he couldn't make it.  The doctor originally told us that the worse thing we could do was discipline him for this.  I am very frustrated and am convinced that this is a behavior issue.  Please give me your opinion.
Thanks!!
I agree with the pediatrician. I would ternd to regard your son as displaying incomplete toilet training, and the best approach is to be patient and supportive, utilizing a reward system for successful use of the potty.