Child Behavior Expert Forum
5 year old child, hitting, scraping with her nail, temper tantrums

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My sister has a 5 year old girl, she is very very strong willed, if my sister says no to something the child wants she will through a Massive Tantrum, she will hit my sister (her mother), she will scrap her, scream that she hates her and if my sister pushes the child off her to stop this she will keep leaping for her to hurt her more.  My sister has tried everything, from Time-Out, to discussing the issues with her, taking her toys away etc.... she will put her in her bedroom and the child can keep going for up to an hour, she will pull the room apart, and continually kick the door in.  This is happening on a daily basis.  I mind the child once a week, she will not do this with me but if she does not get her own way she will not talk to me or she will go over to her brother and kick him.  My sister has two other children and this is now effecting everyone in the house. My sister will ring me in tears because she does not know what to do for the best.  

Can you pls give me some advise on this matter.

Because of the severity of the behavior she should be evaluated by a child psychiatrist to rule out the presence of a biologically-based emotional disorder, such as Bipolar Disorder.