Child Behavior Expert Forum
6 year old arm and eye twitches

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

6 year old arm and eye twitches
My six year old daughter has been acting up lately.  She gets really angry.  She will hit and cry really easy which she has never done before.  Now lately I have been noticing that she twitches in her sleep.  She has always been a restless sleeper. For the past few months her arms and fingers twitch.  Now I noticed that before she wakes up her eyes twitch. I am an epileptic and was under the impression that epilepsy was not inherited. I took her to the doctor and she said she didn't think it was epilepsy, but I asked if she could be dehydrated or a mineral deficiency and the doctor said no.  Then when I look on the internet it says something about seizures again.  What do you think?      
Epilepsy takes many forms, and some forms of epilepsy are inherited. However, it is true that, in most instances, children of a parent who displays epilepsy will not display the condition. It would be wise to arrange an evaluation with a pediatric neurologist.