Child Behavior Expert Forum
8 year old's bad behavior
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

8 year old's bad behavior

my normally very sweet, kind, obedient 8 year old girl has turned "horrible" if she dose not get her way she screams & yells she calls me,  a jerk, "i hate you"  and she will yell this while slamming her door. all this over getting off the computer, no t.v or telling her there is no time in the am for her to change her clothes yet again. she will keep this up and it just escalates till she is totally out of control sometimes i am able to stay calm but too often i lose it and get very angry. always, always after she is very contrite and says "mommy i am so sorry i love you i won't do it again" but  it always happens sometimes even within a few hours. i have tried taking things away but  this makes her even more belligerent. i have resorted to just ignoring it all together and then when she wants something i say "no" she asks  "why?"  & i say, "because i'm a jerk"  then she says, "sorry mommy i said i was sorry"   any help she really is a very sweet child and does very well at school and is popular w/ teachers & kids   so whats up with her?