Child Behavior Expert Forum
9 yr.old daugther is sick on stomach at least once a week
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

9 yr.old daugther is sick on stomach at least once a week

Hi! I have a 9 year old daughter and she has a problem, that yet our doctor wat not able to help. This is already a third winter she is experiencing the symptoms, they seem to go away in the summer time. As soon as she is ready to go to bed, her stomach is starting to hurt, sometimes she might complain that she is scared of something, then she is struggling to go to sleep, but unable to do so, all shivering and heavily breathing for a good half of the night. Then this whole scenario finishes when she throws up. And then, usually around 3AM we are finally able to go to sleep. This happens at least once a week, sometimes more often. We did the complete gastroenterological check up in the spring time, and nothing abnormal was found with her stomach or intestines. I can't relate it with her eating habits. Sometimes she could eat the same meals and one time it is not going to cause the problem, the other time she would get sick. I am totally confused. But I think may be it is more psychological, because I noticed that it happens more frequent when she is overexcited or heard some scary story from one of her friends. Please, help. I don't know if I should consider another gastroenterological check up or turn to a psychiatrist. Thanks.