Child Behavior Expert Forum
Constant rocking

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Constant rocking
As a child, my sister always rocked.  On the chair, on the couch, in the car, just about everywhere.  She is 30 yrs. old now and she still does this.  She seems normal except for the fact that she allowed our mother to adopt her child.  Is this rocking normal?  I have wondered this all my life.
Dear Mava,

In an otherwise normally functioning person, such rocking is not necessarily a problem. It is a form of self soothing (usually), learned at an early age. Alongside other difficulties, it can be symptomatic of other problems, but if it's the only unusual behavior it's not a sign for worry.
SL1
A related discussion, Rocking Behavior was started.