Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 3 year old head butts
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My 3 year old head butts

My 3 year old daughter has been headbutting the floor, bed, or whatever service she is on, specifically when she is falling asleep and waking up. Whenever she is doing this she DOES NOT want to be bothered and will flip out if she is. Normally she is well behaved and well, a typical 3 year old. She has been doing this ever since she's had the strength to be able to do it, so ever since she has been 1. Also, when she's sitting down, anywhere she'll rock back and forth banging her head on whatever she is sitting on. I have always been concerned about this and whenever I tell a pediatrition about it they say it's normal, but she can hit her head fairly hard when she does it, concerning me.