Child Behavior Expert Forum
Repetitive disorder?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Repetitive disorder?

My wife took our two year old son to a behavioral specialist today because of some things we've noticed in his behavior. I couldn't attend this visit so I didn't get to hear the doctor's words directly. The specialist want's him to return for another visit because she seen a lot of signs of some sort of disorder. My wife is unable to recall the name of the disorder and I can't find the information online. I'm wanting to read some more about the disorder but I can't find anything about it without the name. Rather than calling the specialist's office I thought I would try asking here first. Here are some symptoms.

-He repeats questions immediately if they do not get answered.

-He gets extremely frustrated if he thinks someone can't understand him and he starts throwing a violent tantrum.

-His tantrums can go on for long periods upwards of several hours and he is often physically violent towards his siblings during these episodes.

-The specialist told her that children with this disorder often have extremely good memories and are very articulate in their speech. My son does speak very well for his age.

Thanks for any help.
The single factor that jumps out from your description is your son's difficulty managing the strong feelings that accompany frustration. learning how to manage frustration is one of the developmental challenges of two-year-olds. This is why they are famous for their tantrums and it is the basis for the term 'terrible twos'. It does not represent a disorder, though, per se.