Child Behavior Expert Forum
Seriously Abusive 5 year old son.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Seriously Abusive 5 year old son.

My Oldest son has always been my toughest child. I have 4 he's the 2nd oldest. Lately his behaviors have been on a very abusive level. about a month ago while we were playing freeze tag he threw his 3 year old brother to floor and led my 3 year to needing 4 stitches. I know that boy rough house but he is taking things to far just tonight my 3 year old came running out of their room screaming that his brother poked him with a pen, when i got him to calm down and show me what happen i saw 3 large cut/scrapes on his eye lid!!! my 5 year old stabbed the 3 year old with a pen 3 times! my 3 year old is fine he can see he has the cuts and thats all, but I'm now afraid to let my 5 year old around my two youngest (3&1). He's 5! what can i do?
242606_tn?1243786248
You are absolutely right - keep him under eyeball supervision. Beyond that, confer with his pediatrician about having him evaluated bya child psychiatrist or a pediatric clinicial psychologist. Such aggressive behavior is outside the norm for his age and invites professional evaluation.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank