Child Behavior Expert Forum
What is a 7 yr olds attention span as well as organizational skills
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What is a 7 yr olds attention span as well as organizational skills

My concern is of my 7 year old daughter.  My problem is with how easy it is for people to consider children these days as being attention deficite.  My daughter is 7 and she is having so problems at school.  I am told by her teacher that she may have attention deficite due to my daughters organization and completing task skills.

I would like to know exactly what is expected of a child who is 7 years old. She is currently in a class room where the teacher is teaching both 1st and 2nd graders in one room.  I as have notices that because of this that the children are given tasks and not supervised as much as they should be.  I believe that my daughters problems at school stems from the lack of supervision.

When I am at home I can give my child a task or chore she will complete that ontime.  She does have alot of energy, but I believe that energy is good for a growing child.  I have watch here very closely and I don't see this as being to the extreme as her teacher is telling me.  

I also understand that staying on task at a early age is vital for a childs developement, but I do not think that todays educational system is teaching the children time management as well as the importance of staying on task.  

So I guess what I am asking is what things do you take in to consideration in a child who has attention deficite disorder.  Do you take in to consideration the childs environment, A child that has just been up rooted to a new city (we had just moved this last summer).  Or am I just making excuses and there is not relivence to my opinion?