Child Behavior Expert Forum
Wild 4 Year old
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wild 4 Year old

My 4 year old is very strong willed, which is a good thing when they're older, but I have a dificult time with her now. I question if her behavior is normal? She doesn't listen to me at all. I have to push her to do anything. I've asked nice, demanded, rewarded her to do something, gave consequences, time out. I've tried everything. She doesn't ever seem remorseful or care what I think of her actions. It's her way and that's it. She talks back all the time and if you ask her why, it's always some off the wall reason that doesn't relate to the issues at hand. Nothing ever good enough. We'll surprise her and take her to places like chuckie cheese and she'll like it, than complain days later that we do nothing for her. I'll to crafts with her and one time I was cleaning up afterwards and she snuck behind my back found the sissors  I put up and decided to cut all the cusions on the back of my couch. When confronted with it. She had no reason, or remorse over it. We've punished her by taking some things away for her to earn back and she doesn't care and it's been forever. These are the things that happen all the time. We set her down and ask her if she's upset. Do we make her mad. Is school making her mad. We try communicating with her to see if something in her life is making her act out, and it's always again some off the wall reason that doesn't even make sense or it's something we've asked her and she repeats what we said back because it sounds good to her. She's rude to people and doesn't listen. She acts older than what she is. I love her put I'm lost and feel helpless towards her. I'm not enjoying being around her because she doesn't listen to me and it's always a struggle with her. If I take her anywhere it's a fight to get her to leave, or to do what I need her to do. Does She have normal 4 year old behavior?????