Child Behavior Expert Forum
baby with possible sleep disorder

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

baby with possible sleep disorder

I have a 5 month old baby boy that has had a daily quirk since I can remember.  He has a habbit of falling asleep extremely fast, like one second cooing and garing then next second out to it like hes been sleep for half an hour, same if hes cring or playing on the floor.  I have a daughter that has seizures and I'm not convinced it is that because there doesn't seem to be any change in behaviour before hand, just straight to sleep.  He has also had a few muscle spasms where it seems to be in a neck or shoulder muscle where he shakes.  Ive noticed this happen a few times while ive fed, while hes been in my arms and in the jolly jumper and these little episodes seem to last for about 10 seconds, roughly but aren't as frequent as the rapid falling to sleep. Im in a small rural town so Im a fair distance away from specialists, I was wondering if anyone knows what may be causing these problems??
Your description of your son's falling asleep does not invite concern from my perspective. You might take a video of the muscle contractions you mention in order to show it to his pediatrician. Does it indicate any seizure activity? Likely not. But call it to the attention of the pediatrician.