Child Behavior Expert Forum
behavior changes after starting Kindergarten
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

behavior changes after starting Kindergarten

My daughter just started Kindergarten this fall. She is an only child and is very social, outgoing, and talkative.  She loves going to school, but she is not progressing as fast as she should and she doesn't pay attention in class.  She did attend pre-K and seemed to do well.  In the last few weeks she has become clingy and whinny for the first time ever, speaking so quitely I can't even hear her (but not always).   Is this "normal" adjustment to the increased expectations?  How can I deal with this in a positive way?  It can be very frustrating.