Child Behavior Expert Forum
night time vomiting
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

night time vomiting

My son is 5 years old and is mildly Autistic with a phonetic speech impairment.  He also has some OCD.  Every so often, (about once a month) he will wake up in the middle of the night crying and then vomit a couple of times and then fall back to sleep an hour or so later. Now this has went on for several months, at first we thought he had caught a stomach bug, but this vomiting only happens at night and the next day he seems fine.  I have asked him if he was having a bad dream, but I don't think he understands exactly what I am asking him.  I have mentioned to him about him seeing his pediatrician but then he starts to cry and wimper.  Could his vomiting episodes be coming from his inability to deal with his emotions in his dreams?

Thank you.