Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Popping sound from shoulder blade
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Popping sound from shoulder blade

When I do the motion of lifting my arms over my head, I can hear popping/ clicking sound from my shoulder blade area.
It started to feel tight/ sore after i tried doing incline bench press in that bad shoulder blade area.

How all these started was from a game in the pool. My forward swim stroke resulted in a pop in that shoulder. Something was out of place but i readily rotated the my shoulder and everthing seem to pop back in place.
I suspected it to be partial dislocation but I do not experience server pain. It was jus feeling achey (achy) and my movement was restricted for some time. Now movement has been much better but I still feel strain on the shoulder in some movement.

Would like to know what's causing the irritating clicking snapping in my shoulder blade and should I resume my gym sessions.

Regards