Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
PTB history(i.e.lung scar) grounds for disqualification for new job pos...

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

PTB history(i.e.lung scar) grounds for disqualification for new job post?Pls give me advice ASAP!

Good day! Just call me Tianlong ,i'm from the Philippines, right now i have a problem with my up coming medical examination anytime this week in one of the prestigious MNC who has a local branch in Manila.This is my only chance of getting my dream job.  I have far advance PTB records on my past and healed , but lately early this year during one of my pre employment medical exam for abroad i failed due to scars in my lung due to my past PTB cases. Now that I am about to undergo again  in medical exam for another job opportunity, and I don't want to lose this job . I need this job very badly. My family will be hungry if I fail to get again this job.What will I do. Everytime I apply I always failed due to this seems to be a mark or scars in my lungs.When I consulted my physician ,he told me that I am well already,but it will be a forever a scars in my lungs. My problem now is how  can I overcome this fear of failing the medical exam.How can I convince my employer to recognize this result, that I am well and it is just a scars in my lungs.And what should I do to really pass my medical exam.
The information suggests that you truly do have scars from tuberculosis (TB) and that the TB is inactive.  Inactive TB will pose no risk to others:  friends, family or co-workers.  The key is to establish that your TB is inactive.  That can be done by showing the examiner a serial display of current and past x-rays that show no change in the TB scar shadows, over time.  If you have had negative sputum cultures for TB both in the past and, especially recently, these negative cultures will be further, strong proof of TB inactivity.

If you have not had recent sputums examined, you should request that through a Public Health Department.  If you no longer are producing sputum, you should request that they or the examiner order induced sputums to be smeared and cultured for TB.

X-ray and culture evidence must then be provided to the Medical Examiner.  Also helpful would be statements from physicians who have observed and cared for you and can attest to your TB being inactive.

Good luck
1 Comment
A related discussion, PTB was started.