Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
almost 4 months dry coughing
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

almost 4 months dry coughing

hi ! i am 13 and i almost coughing dry for 4 months . . i also snore w hen i am asleep . . i am fat but i am not overweight . i do not have phlegm . do i have any disorders ??
242587_tn?1355427710
Any cough that lasts for more than 3 months is considered a chronic cough, at any age, and there are many causes of chronic cough.  

Combine that with the fact that you snore and that makes two problems that should definitely be investigated by your doctor.  Being overweight is often associated with sleep disorders, so you may have to be tested for that.

There is also a condition called acid reflux, where stomach acid bubbles up into the throat.  That alone can cause chronic cough and sleep disturbances.  It also is more likely to occur in overweight individuals.

You really should have this checked out.  

Good luck
Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker