Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
breathing

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

breathing
hello i have been having trouble breathing through my nose for the past few months. the problem occurs mostly when i go outside.  after i leave my house i have very hard time breathing through my nose and i feel like my nose is stuffy but when i try to blow it out nothing comes out and also when i speak i sound like i'm very stuffy.  my DR has given me many different kinds of nose sprays but they havn't worked so far.  he said there is inflamation inside.  thank you
This could be a nasal response to cold air, allergens or air pollution, causing swelling of the nasal membranes.  You may be able to decide which is most likely the cause.  If the nasal sprays haven't included an inhaled nasal steroid that could be tried.  Another possibility is that you could have deep, hard to visualize nasal polyps and these could swell enough to block your nose, when you breathe-in cold air, allergens, or air pollution.  You may have to see an ENT specialist.

The great majority of polyps do not require surgical removal.  Nasal steroid sprays almost always work.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker