Chronic Pain Expert Forum
Horrible pain

Questions in the Chronic Pain forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Horrible pain
I have had chronic pain in my left shoulder, shooting down my arm at time and pain in my left hip with shooting pains.  Sometimes my left side is so weak that I am unable to pick up and carry a gallon of milk without support from my right hand.  It has been going on for a few years but has recently gotten worse despite things I have done to try and stop it such as sleeping on my right side only, changing the size of my purse to a very small wallet size, etc, etc.  Can someone give me an idea what could cause this?  The pain is so bad at times I am brought to tears and is happening more and more often.

Kelly Reynolds
Dear Friend,

Thanks for posting through my forum.
First of all Be Relaxed.
Reading just this much history cannot lead to a conclusion.
What i can justify is ,it can be due to muscle twitches /spasms(simpler finding).
Please proceed with some neurology examination and Follow up with physical therapy.

Jyoti
A related discussion, SEVERE PAIN, NUMBNESS, LEFT ARM was started.