Cirrhosis of the Liver Community
Cost

Cirrhosis is the end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver diseases. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with Cirrhosis of the Liver patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with Cirrhosis of the Liver, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Cost

Can anyone give me a ballpark of the cost for the suppressant drugs after a transplant.  Just want to get an idea, know no one can give me exacts but any info would help.  Thanks.  
Hi I am sure someone will be along who can help with this question.  there are others who have had transplants and are taking these drugs.
It is a weekend so be patient
Good luck
Dee
Check with the American liver foundation.
There is also a group called Astellas that provides free IS meds for low income people. This is just for prograf .

Assume you will be taking cellcept, prednisone and prograf after your tp. You probably will stop taking the  cellcept and prednisone within the first few  months.
You can check the prices online but you can also check into programs to help those who are low income, if you qualify.
The cost of post-transplant drugs depends on your health insurance coverage and if the meds are on their formulary. You can call your insurance company and they can give you the exact prices now.
Keep in mind formularies can change usually during end of year and beginning on year. So what is covered now may not be covered next year.

Also many post-transplant drugs have generic versions. Liver transplant centers usually have their own preferences for drugs and generic or not.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Partnership for Prescription Assistance"
Here is the complete list of free or low cost drugs.

http://www.pparx.org/en/prescription_assistance_programs/list_of_participating_programs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the info for Prograf manufactured by Astellas. (I used to work for Astellas for 6 years).

http://www.astellas.us/therapeutic/product/patients_assistance.aspx

Astellas Pharma US offers a patient assistance program - the Astellas Access Program - to help eligible patients in need to access the company's medications at no cost. In 2008 alone, Astellas provided drug assistance to more than 11,000 uninsured and underinsured patients.

Astellas' support includes providing free medications, distributing these medications free of charge to patients, and administering programs that help patients obtain this assistance. In total, Astellas has contributed nearly $25 million in commercial value to assisting patients in need.

If you would like to learn more about how the Astellas Access Program can help uninsured or underinsured patients access their needed drug therapy, please call Astellas Reimbursement Services (ARS) at 1 (800) 477-6472 to speak with a reimbursement specialist.

When calling ARS, patients will be asked to share some information that will help ARS verify their insurance coverage and determine whether they meet the eligibility criteria for the Astellas Access Program.

Please have the following information available when calling:

* Physician or case manager's name and contact information (phone number, address, and fax number)
* Prescription information (how much medication the patient takes each day)
* Medical and prescription insurance cards
* Additional information where appropriate concerning the patient's diagnosis and treatment regimen
This information is intended for U.S. residents only.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CELLCEPT
MYCOPHENOLATE MOFETIL SUSPENSION - ORAL

http://www.patientassistance.com/profile/rochepharmaceuticals-286/

Roche Reimbursement and Patient Assistance Program for HCV, HIV, and Transplants, a patient assistance program provided by Roche Pharmaceuticals, offers the medications listed to the right at no cost for up to 1 year to those who are eligible for the program.

Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of the United States or its Territories.
- You must meet an undisclosed insurance guideline.
- Your income must be less than or equal to 300% of the Federal Poverty Guideline for the size of your household (see chart below).

Good luck to you!
Hector
Thank you Hector I knew you would know but didn't want to bother you.  How are you doing right now?  Everyone thinking about you.  

I asked the above question because you know I am on SSI and I have a supplemental.  On all supplementals you have this "donut" hole period.  Mine was more like a cliff and a pit.  My copay went from 170 to 680 a month...this should be the last month I have that high copay but you take that with the cost of the supplemental 200 and the SSI 110 and you are shelling out a 1000 a mo for medical which I know compared to some is nothing but I am trying to figure out what to do in future so I'm not living in my car taking pills....LOL.  My Xifanan is the most expensive right now but to get any help with it will affect my supplemental.  I will check on these other sites and see what I need to do as I go down this rocky financial road.  My doctors nurse said I should just file for Medicaid and get it over with...maybe she is right...dont' know. But your info will help.  Thank you.

I hope this fines you doing okay.....Summer
Hi I think you can get help with the Xifanan. If you go to the drug manufacturer they used to have a card you could print out to use at the pharmacy.  I don't know all about it, just saw it once and thought it said $100 towards the prescription
Good luck