Congestive Heart Failure Community
CHF and kidney functions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

CHF and kidney functions

I have developed CHF after open heart surgery that replaced an aortic valve, repaired a mitral valve, replaced a section of the aorta due to an aneurysm and repaired a hole in the heart.  I had the surgery 6/08 and developed CHF in 11/08.  I was going to a CHF heart failure clinic but have been discharged because my EF went up to 45 %.  They feel the development of CHF was due to a virus.  I am on coreg, digoxin, diovan, spironalactone and aspirin.

I just had my blood work checked and my kidney readings are all elevated.  The BUN is 45, Creatinine 1.46, and BUN/creatinine ration is 31.  

Are these results anything to be worried about?  Also in the last two weeks I have gained some weight and noticed my abdomen has gotten larger.  I took a lasek and lost 2 1/2 pounds in one day.  I haven't taken anymore lasek because it causes my blood pressure to get very low - 78 over 48 is typical.  My blood pressures run low around 90 over 60.  I have also been very fatiqued and have difficulty when I walk on the tread mill which I do about 5 days a week for approximately 20 minutes a day.

Could these symptoms be developing due to the kidney readings?  Do I need to go back to the CHF clinic.  I am due to see my cardiologist in a approximately two weeks.

Thank you for your help.
What did you find out from your cardiologist, and how are you feeling now?
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
ChitChatNine commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jul 16
173749 commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jun 21
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jun 10