Congestive Heart Failure Community
CHF and kidney functions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

CHF and kidney functions

I have developed CHF after open heart surgery that replaced an aortic valve, repaired a mitral valve, replaced a section of the aorta due to an aneurysm and repaired a hole in the heart.  I had the surgery 6/08 and developed CHF in 11/08.  I was going to a CHF heart failure clinic but have been discharged because my EF went up to 45 %.  They feel the development of CHF was due to a virus.  I am on coreg, digoxin, diovan, spironalactone and aspirin.

I just had my blood work checked and my kidney readings are all elevated.  The BUN is 45, Creatinine 1.46, and BUN/creatinine ration is 31.  

Are these results anything to be worried about?  Also in the last two weeks I have gained some weight and noticed my abdomen has gotten larger.  I took a lasek and lost 2 1/2 pounds in one day.  I haven't taken anymore lasek because it causes my blood pressure to get very low - 78 over 48 is typical.  My blood pressures run low around 90 over 60.  I have also been very fatiqued and have difficulty when I walk on the tread mill which I do about 5 days a week for approximately 20 minutes a day.

Could these symptoms be developing due to the kidney readings?  Do I need to go back to the CHF clinic.  I am due to see my cardiologist in a approximately two weeks.

Thank you for your help.
What did you find out from your cardiologist, and how are you feeling now?
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition