Cardiologist vs electro physiologist
after a person has an ablation, should he need to regularly see the electro physiologist AND ALSO a cardiolgist, or is one only required?  Which one or both?
thank you!
Hi. Cardiology is a specialty within internal medicine. Electrophysiology I think is a subspecialty. A person who further specializes in just EP surgery is a real, true to form, subspecialist. Not sure how the AMA classifies it, or how board certification works--- maybe it is just an exam on surgery--- but it sure seems like you should be able to see the EP who gave you your ablation for some more general advice about your heart.

Since you have the question though, I assume there may be something missing from the help you are getting from your EP. If it makes sense then, I would consider seeing an additional or alternate EP. If your situation is challenging, I would try a highly respected member (or two) of the pacing community with which to share your issue. If you need help finding one, consult a cardiologist people have high regard for. Hope this makes sense. Best of luck.