Confusion in late stage heart failure
Do you get very confused in late stage CHF like below?

My dad was asked tonight in hospital what year is it?He replied 1989, When asked what season it was? My dad asked my older sister what season it was , so at least he knew she was there , the nurse said no ive asked you and he said autumn. Less than 8 weeks ago my father could drive but now he can not even stand up.

Is this late stage CHF
My heart goes out to you; seeing a parent confused and disoriented can be really upsetting, especially when it happens quickly. My Dad got disoriented after open heart surgery while in the Intensive Care Unit, which from what I understand is not uncommon. (They call it Intensive Care Psychosis, from what I understand.)

He had insomnia and was barely sleeping, and sleep deprivation tends to make confusion worse. He also reacted very badly to a common medication, Ativan; when the nurse mentioned to the doctor that he got worse after taking it, he changed to a different medication and he improved within 2 days--after he finally slept.  

Is your father sleeping OK? You might also want to ask the nurse or doctor if he's on any medication which might be causing confusion. If your Dad's kidneys are failing, the confusion also may be related to the build up of toxins in his body. Also, if he has diabetes, if his blood sugar is up, that can cause confusion.

What have the nurses or the doctor said about this? (If the doctor taking care of him in the hospital is not his normal doctor and doesn't know him from before, I would definitely remind him/her how well he was doing a few weeks ago, even if you mentioned this when he was first admitted into the hospital.)

Good luck.