Congestive Heart Failure Community
Congestive Heart Failure coughing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Congestive Heart Failure coughing

I'm 67 years old and I have congestive heart failure.  I was recently in the vicinity of someone who was maced, and as hard as I tried, I couldn't escape the airborn spray.  Since then, I haven't been able to stop coughing.  My medication usually controls the fluid from building up in my lungs, but it doesn't seem to be working as well as usual now.  Is it safe for me to use any over the counter cough expectorants?  I'm currently taking CARVEDILOL, LISINOPRIL, HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE, AND ASPIRIN.  Do cough medicines ever conflict with these medications?
I've been told the only "heart friendly" medication of that type would be Benedryl.  However, you could check with your pharmacist and they should be able to tell if there is anything safe for you to take.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Cindy, and ChitChatNine commented on Cindy's status
May 20
Cindy sends heartfelt thanks to a... Comment
May 18
Cindy commented on Cindy's status
May 18