Congestive Heart Failure Community
Congestive Heart Failure coughing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Congestive Heart Failure coughing

I'm 67 years old and I have congestive heart failure.  I was recently in the vicinity of someone who was maced, and as hard as I tried, I couldn't escape the airborn spray.  Since then, I haven't been able to stop coughing.  My medication usually controls the fluid from building up in my lungs, but it doesn't seem to be working as well as usual now.  Is it safe for me to use any over the counter cough expectorants?  I'm currently taking CARVEDILOL, LISINOPRIL, HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE, AND ASPIRIN.  Do cough medicines ever conflict with these medications?
I've been told the only "heart friendly" medication of that type would be Benedryl.  However, you could check with your pharmacist and they should be able to tell if there is anything safe for you to take.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
5665 commented on Think LYRICA was culp...
Jul 21
marilee176 bloating gas and indegestion Comment
Jul 16