Congestive Heart Failure Community
Heart / BP / Pulse levels
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heart / BP / Pulse levels

I am a 34 yr old female 5'6 160 lbs. I have taken beta blockers for 5 years due to some extensive stress ( parent caretaker) that caused me to have some anxiety issues which  in turn led to rapid pulse which went up to 150 when I was first diagnosed.  I was immediately put on labetalol and changed a couple of years ago to ziac.  I am on the min. dose but I have the constant feeling that there is pressure in my chest and that I get out of breath very easy.  I get very little exercise and now i am scared to do so.  I have echos and ekg and they all come back fine.  My dr thinks that this is directly related to anxiety - I will add that I am very high strung and probalay do not get the rest that I need.  Should I be worried?  My dr did try to switch my bp med to diovan but my pulse rate was staying in the 90s so I have switched back to ziac until I can get in with him.  Also is there a difference in beta blockers from brand to brand?