Congestive Heart Failure Community
Heart / BP / Pulse levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Congestive Heart Failure (CHF).

Heart / BP / Pulse levels

I am a 34 yr old female 5'6 160 lbs. I have taken beta blockers for 5 years due to some extensive stress ( parent caretaker) that caused me to have some anxiety issues which  in turn led to rapid pulse which went up to 150 when I was first diagnosed.  I was immediately put on labetalol and changed a couple of years ago to ziac.  I am on the min. dose but I have the constant feeling that there is pressure in my chest and that I get out of breath very easy.  I get very little exercise and now i am scared to do so.  I have echos and ekg and they all come back fine.  My dr thinks that this is directly related to anxiety - I will add that I am very high strung and probalay do not get the rest that I need.  Should I be worried?  My dr did try to switch my bp med to diovan but my pulse rate was staying in the 90s so I have switched back to ziac until I can get in with him.  Also is there a difference in beta blockers from brand to brand?

Hi, there is no much difference from brand to brand if salt is same. In your case possibility is of hyperactive thyroid, have you been investigated for hyperthyroidism? Anxiety definitely leads to high pulse but this could be treated with anti anxiety medications, are you on some anti anxiety drug?

Other drugs like atenolol, diltiazem, verapamil (calcium channel blockers) or metoprolol can also be tried.
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
ChitChatNine commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jul 16
173749 commented on Croup - I thought adu...
Jun 21
ChitChatNine is happy! Comment
Jun 10