Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Is this a blood clot episode?

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Is this a blood clot episode?

Hi.  I was at dinner with my son last night when I felt a sharp intense pain in the side of my left calf.  It was not a leg cramp like I've ever had. I suddenly became pale and sweaty then I fainted at the table. My son moved me to a sofa in the lounge where I elevated my feet and I sat there sweating profusely and feeling ill. That finally passed but now my leg is so sore, as if I ran 20 miles on it, and it's tender to the touch now and difficult to walk on. My  other leg feels normal. I play tennis almost every day and was hit in the neck with a line drive two days ago.  Could this be a blood clot and what should I do now?  Thank you for your response.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Deep venous thrombosis affects the large veins in the lower leg and thigh. It can block blood flow and cause swelling and pain,  changes in skin color  in one leg, increased warmth in one leg, or skin that feels warm to the touch. For definite diagnosis, physical examination and diagnostic tests such as D-dimer blood test, Doppler ultrasound exam of the legs; plethysmography, venography, and blood tests to check if there is increased chance of blood clotting. Have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.