Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Is this a blood clot episode?
About This Community:

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this a blood clot episode?

Hi.  I was at dinner with my son last night when I felt a sharp intense pain in the side of my left calf.  It was not a leg cramp like I've ever had. I suddenly became pale and sweaty then I fainted at the table. My son moved me to a sofa in the lounge where I elevated my feet and I sat there sweating profusely and feeling ill. That finally passed but now my leg is so sore, as if I ran 20 miles on it, and it's tender to the touch now and difficult to walk on. My  other leg feels normal. I play tennis almost every day and was hit in the neck with a line drive two days ago.  Could this be a blood clot and what should I do now?  Thank you for your response.