Deep Vein Thrombosis Community
Question about new drug for this problem

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body most of which are in your lower leg or thigh. Discuss topics including symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

I have been giving myself shots in my stomach to prevent blood clots for about a month, and I'm tired of it not to mention, they hurt.  My doctor doesn't really want to put me on Coumidin (sp?) as it has to be so regulated, so he is looking into a new medicine that just got ok'd by the FDA called Xarelto.  It is just like the Lovenox injections, only pill form.
Since it just came out, he is trying to investigate it more and trying to actually talk to people who have taken it.  He hasn't gotten far.

Does anyone know about this drug, it's side effects, benefits and warnings?  I have to be on these stupid shots for a while, and I'd really like to switch to this drug, but I don't want to be the guinea pig, either!!