Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Any cure?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Any cure?

I have experienced a 4-month relationship with a guy who eventually turned out to be a borderliner. He is young (27) and handsome and is basically good at heart although I assume most borderliners make you think so. I have explained all I've experienced with him, what he did, his behaviour, attitudes and feelings to a psychiatrist friend of mine and she definitely put a diagnosis of borderline personality. Your definition of this disorders perfectly matches this guy. I did not fall in love with him but I was (and still am) very fond of him, although I had to push him away for he was destroying my life. I would like to know if there is any chance of curing this disorder or is there no hope he can somehow manage to live a comparatively normal life so that he would suffer a little less? It hurts me to think that he will suffer all his life; his parents are divorced and have both made new families, he's got no home of his own and no job (except for occasional and seasonal jobs). Thank you