Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
CLOMAPRAMINE'S MODERN EQUIVILENT
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

CLOMAPRAMINE'S MODERN EQUIVILENT

Hi I was on 50 mg of zoloft this past summer for anxiety.  I developed a loud tone in my right ear, and now that I have been off zoloft for 9 weeks, I still have a pulsating hissing sound.  My problem is that I am terrified of the noise.  It triggers a panic attack. 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder and prescibed 50 mg of clomapramine which worked really well.  I was on it for one year, and then intermittently as needed.  My neurologist has prescribed 6 months of 3 mg daily lorazepam.  Can lorazepam be used long term.  I have been told to stay away from ssri's and I may try clomapramine in 6-8 months to see if it will work without elevating the ringing.  Are there any modern day equivilants of chlomapramine which will not provide a blast of seratonin like zoloft, but which will assist with anxiety that has a tendance toward obsessive rumination?
Thanks
Mary