Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Long term use of Celexa
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Long term use of Celexa

Hi Doctor!

I have been on Celexa 20 mg qd for about a year now. My doctor just increased my doseage to 40 mg qd and added lorazapam at night beacuse Im having some major stress realted issues.
My question to you is.....Is there any negative data regarding long term use of Celexa. (I cant find any) Also....IS this concidered "long term?"
Thank You
Related Discussions
242532_tn?1269553979
Celexa, like others of its kind, are designed to be used over much longer periods, and research to date suggests celexa is as safe as all the others that have already been used for more than 3 years.

The best adjunct  to the medication is to address the stress issues. IF you like, you can have a free session at the masteringstress site above, and that may help you focus your efforts and get through the situation sooner.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979