Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Long term use of Celexa

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Long term use of Celexa

Hi Doctor!

I have been on Celexa 20 mg qd for about a year now. My doctor just increased my doseage to 40 mg qd and added lorazapam at night beacuse Im having some major stress realted issues.
My question to you is.....Is there any negative data regarding long term use of Celexa. (I cant find any) Also....IS this concidered "long term?"
Thank You
Celexa, like others of its kind, are designed to be used over much longer periods, and research to date suggests celexa is as safe as all the others that have already been used for more than 3 years.

The best adjunct  to the medication is to address the stress issues. IF you like, you can have a free session at the masteringstress site above, and that may help you focus your efforts and get through the situation sooner.