Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
NEUROLOGICAL OR PSYCHOSOMATIC SYMPTOMS

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

NEUROLOGICAL OR PSYCHOSOMATIC SYMPTOMS

I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM SPASMS AND TWITCHES FOR 7 MONTHS i have had a normal emg and two normal neuro exams. I WAS ORGINALLY DIAGNOZED WITH ANXIETY- THEN THE NEURO HAD ME ACCESSES BY A PSYCHIATRIST WHO DECIDED it is a psychosomatic illness. IS THIS POSSIBLE AND WHAT CAN i do about it. I HAVE BEEN ON KLONOPIN FOR 5 MONTHS AND THE ONLY THING IT HELPS WITH IS THE MYOCLONUS i suffer at night
What do you suggest
THANKYOU
It is certainly possible to get twitches and spasms from anxiety, and if the neurological examinations are all negative, then it is most likely.  You might ask your psychiatrist or neurologist to add an ssri type anti-anxiety drug to the klonopin.