Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Son has 0cd and depression
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Son has 0cd and depression

My son is 29. We live in Chicago and he lives in San Diego. He is under a doctors care. He's on Prozac, Effexor and I think it's repidol(Not sure of the spelling. THe only difference we  see it that he's frustrated but not as angry.He's a college grad and very bright.  He's working a temp job sorting magazines. He says he wants to work but can't. He has no  objection taking money from from us.  We give him little but pay all his expenses IE. rent, food, clothes. med He says he's never happy and finds no pleasure in life.  He tried to play soft ball but quit after one game because he felt he didn't perform well. He knows he's materialistic(Something he supposedly hated when he was younger.)
Hasn't spoken to his sister in 15 years because he felt she was.I've spoken to his doctor and she says things take time or they might never change.  I thought that by this time we should see some changes given the fact that he's on medication. He says he's nogt sucicidal but wishes he was intelligent enought to realize what he's life is about.  He's been on the same medication for about 6 months.  Do you think we should talk to his doctor about changing his medication or wait it out a little longer.  THank you