Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
What side effects of Seroquel are most common?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What side effects of Seroquel are most common?

I have been taking Zoloft for 16 weeks, starting at 25mg and my dosage is now at 150mg.  I still had feelings of anger, rage and being uptight all the time.  My shrink prescribed 25mgs of Seroquel to be taken 3x a day as he said "a sedative"

Being a webchondriac, I googled Seroquel to find it is mainly a pill for schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder.  I read the side effects and was not pleased.  I took one pill a week ago and could barely keep my eyes open.  

last night I had an excellent night of rest so I decided to give the Seroquel another try.  Along with my Zoloft I took 25mg of the Seroquel.  It's  been an hour and half and I need to go back to bed.  I feel as if I am fighting to stay awake to type this.  I also feel extremely dizzy, lightheaded and having foggy thoughts.  

I will not be taking the Seroquel again after today, I do not want to sleep away my depression.  Have you ever heard of someone becoming overwhelmed with fatigued from this?  Not the med for me.