Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
What side effects of Seroquel are most common?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I have been taking Zoloft for 16 weeks, starting at 25mg and my dosage is now at 150mg.  I still had feelings of anger, rage and being uptight all the time.  My shrink prescribed 25mgs of Seroquel to be taken 3x a day as he said "a sedative"

Being a webchondriac, I googled Seroquel to find it is mainly a pill for schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder.  I read the side effects and was not pleased.  I took one pill a week ago and could barely keep my eyes open.  

last night I had an excellent night of rest so I decided to give the Seroquel another try.  Along with my Zoloft I took 25mg of the Seroquel.  It's  been an hour and half and I need to go back to bed.  I feel as if I am fighting to stay awake to type this.  I also feel extremely dizzy, lightheaded and having foggy thoughts.  

I will not be taking the Seroquel again after today, I do not want to sleep away my depression.  Have you ever heard of someone becoming overwhelmed with fatigued from this?  Not the med for me.
Yes, it is a very powerful drug, and if you were extremely internally agitated, it might be right for you, but as you see, it is not right for you, and yes I have heard of this....try psychotherapy, don't rely on medications, find the source of your depression and anger so you can do something about it.