Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
child abuse coming back from 64 yrs ago to ruin whats left of my yukky ...

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

child abuse coming back from 64 yrs ago to ruin whats left of my yukky life

12 yrs.ago i was told by my dentist that even tho i visit him 2 x a yr.my teeth needed to be pulled,this meant false teeth..from that nite on i had horrifying thoughts and dreams about false teeth.thats when i found the reason i had been terrified of seeing dentures or even someone mentioning them..now my dreams were bringing it all back!!there was this butcher on our street that if he had the chance he would back me up against a wall and hold me at bay with his teeth he had taken out to scare me.all these years gone bye and at nite now i close my eyes and there they are,with little pieces of ground beef and lots of blood on the teeth from his filthy hands..and he would touch me where he was never supposed to.i couldnt think of anything but those darn false teeth with blood and meat hanging off them i finally told my mom and she thought it was funny and still send me every other day.so when the dds said i had to get them 12 yrs ago,i made up my mind-i would put up with all the abcesses and pain and not chewing right and the breaking off and even going under the gum tissue where they hurt even worse..well i decided when i couldnt stand the pain i would just end my life nd now its getting near and im so scared but dont know what else to do?????????????and no one here cares.i even went 2 yrs ago to a depression clinic but they were going to charge me $75 3x a wk to convince me it wasnt my fault,my gosh,i knew it wasnt..i need knocked out and wake up with new teeth and then see what happens ,there is so much stuff involved here and i have not too much time  WHAT ON EARTH CAN I DO??????
Maggy,

It sounds like you had some very traumatic experiences which is having a significant impact on your life.  I think it would be very helpful for you to have a psychiatric evaluation with therapy and possibly medications as part of your treatment plan.  Therapy does not necessarily need to be three times a week but it could be helpful. Psychiatric treatment hopefully will enable you to have the dental procedures you require to live a more comfortable and functional life.  Good luck.

Sincerely,

HFHS MD-JM

1 Comment
Don't give up.  People do care about you.  I do and I don't even know you.

I know how traumatic it can be to be absolutly obscessed about something that has happened and it is there every breath you take.  I've been there.  I have gotten therapy and I take medication.  I feel wonderful today and only rarely think of what it used to be that hounded me.

Please go get help!  There is a way.  If it is money, often you can get assistance.  Check into everything you can.  Believe me, I was so near death because of my misery, so close, but I got the help I needed.

Please take care of yourself.
Don't be afraid to get medical help.  They can give you all sorts of pain meds and you won't feel a thing.  My dad had to have upper dentures when he was in his 40's because he dove into our pool and hit the bottom full force and came up with broken teeth and a bloody mouth.  At first my sister and I thought he was clowning around but then he said for us to get our mom and she took him to the dentist that minute.  He was ashamed to show us what he looked like without his teeth in so we never saw him without them until he died last year.  I'm sorry that you had a terrible evil person that scared you and a mother that didn't do anything to protect you but you shouldn't suffer another moment!
Stop your suffering and tell the dentist you don't want to feel ANY pain and that this is very hard for you to do because of your past.  Any good dentist will understand and help you through this.  You have my prayers....
Betty